• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I think the upcoming Jerimiah speech scene is one of the best scenes. I love the way it's edited.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I love the last scene because Jerimiah is doing his tiny dick naked shit and then he gets his face smoshed like the fuck he is.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay. I wasn't entirely into it after the tonal shift midway though.

But by the end I was totally sold. Especially the credits being silent.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember liking Joe Bob's show in college, but has he ever explained why he had a column for like ten years in Takimag, the most racist political magazine I'm aware of? I'm not going to link, but this is a place that published outright Nazis like Richard Spencer and proud boy founder Gavin McInnes, as well as "scientists" committed to "proving" black inferiority like Steve Sailer and Charles Murray. Joe Bob didn't seem to get into politics in his column that I'm aware, but nobody accidentally ends up writing for a publication like that. Has he ever addressed it?

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I remember liking Joe Bob's show in college, but has he ever explained why he had a column for like ten years in Takimag, the most racist political magazine I'm aware of? I'm not going to link, but this is a place that published outright Nazis like Richard Spencer and proud boy founder Gavin McInnes, as well as "scientists" committed to "proving" black inferiority like Steve Sailer and Charles Murray. Joe Bob didn't seem to get into politics in his column that I'm aware, but nobody accidentally ends up writing for a publication like that. Has he ever addressed it?

Yes, a quick Google search results in this Twitter thread.https://twitter.com/therealjoebob/status/1154470995669016577?s=21

Anyways, I enjoyed Mandy last night. Nic Cage would've been better as the cult leader I think but the movie was fun nonetheless. The visuals were also insane.
I couldn't make it through Dead and Buried, I just didn't have the energy last night. Excited to finish watching it on Sunday or Monday though.

Feb 9, 2018
I might need to get Shudder. I watched MonsterVision regularly back in the latter half of the 90s. I always like Joe Bob's Drive-in Totals routine, and I even referenced them back when I used to make ridiculously long reviews of Halo games.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow how did I not know about this show??? I loved Joe Bob Briggs Friday nights on TNT a long time ago! I don't own Shudder but this may bring me to get it. I imagine I can watch season 1 shows of this?

Feb 9, 2018
Do it! It you enjoy horror films at all it is a spectacular deal for a monthly subscription.
Do I enjoy horror films? Dude, I've seen too many horror films to count. Even when I was a kid, I'd stay up late to watch whatever scary movies they were playing. Back before they restructured their website, I recall perusing Box Office Mojo's list of highest-grossing R-rated horror films (adjusted for inflation, of course) and noting that I had watched the vast majority of the top 200 films or so on that list.

So yeah, I think I might avail myself of a Shudder sub.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be a legendary week. I literally went "holy shit" when I saw Darcy's tweet that they got him. Now do Intruder and get Ted Raimi on too :P

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I've never seen either Maniac Cop and I figured we were getting the first tonight. And I would end up wanting to watch the second sometime soon but we're getting both tonight!

Giga Power

Apr 24, 2021
I remember seeing copies of this and posters at the video stores of my childhood but somehow I'd never actually seen the movies before. Enjoying them so far. Has a pretty unique tone and idea behind it. Kind of a b-movie Terminator.

Weird to find out the director did Maniac too. I've always really liked that movie and the remake even more so.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I came into this thread thinking it was about The Mahoning Drive-In documentary for some reason lol (good doc btw)

Yeah Shudder seems cool, I've been thinking about trying it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Funny story. When Army of Darkness came out in theaters I was a kid who saw the trailers and was "That's the guy from Maniac Cop!"

Because my video rental store back then didn't have Evil Dead 1 and 2 but they did have Maniac Cop.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I came into this thread thinking it was about The Mahoning Drive-In documentary for some reason lol (good doc btw)

Yeah Shudder seems cool, I've been thinking about trying it.

I've been really happy with Shudder, the selection is great and the pricing isn't bad at all.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I was really holding out hope for Psycho Goreman this week. I think it's not JBB's style at all, so he might veto, but it seems up Darcy's alley, and goddamnit, the movie is just fun.