• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Bob seems to like Miike quite a bit. Dead or Alive, this, and wasn't there a third he showed?

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I thought she was going right into the eyeball and thank god she didn't. I wouldn't have been able to watch the end. It was sick and twisted but I enjoyed it. It was unique and batshit insane.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I thought she was going right into the eyeball and thank god she didn't. I wouldn't have been able to watch the end. It was sick and twisted but I enjoyed it. It was unique and batshit insane.

I have watched Audition a total of once. I'm glad I did because it is a horror masterpiece to me. However I have no desire to see it again.

Class of 84... Love this movie. And the theme song. Lol

The movie is awesome. I used to rent it all the time in my teens.

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I didn't think Class of 1984 was as good as Joe Bob and others made it out to be. Maybe it was more revolutionary at the time, but the world felt like it was too fake.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Class of 1984 was as good as Joe Bob and others made it out to be. Maybe it was more revolutionary at the time, but the world felt like it was too fake.

There's so much that happens in 84 that made me laugh. Most of it are little details. I also like it a lot when the teacher finally flips. I didn't stay up to watch the end, but I also recall the ending being funny with a "this actually happened and there were no witness" text. Lol

Last edited:

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
There's so much that happens in 84 that made me laugh. Most of it are little details. I also like it slot when the teacher finally flips. I didn't stay up to watch the end, but I also recall the ending being funny with a "this actually happened and there were no witness" text. Lol

Joe Bob talked about how they had to change the original ending because the test audiences or the execs hated it. I feel like the rushed ending is because of that but man it ends abruptly.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Watched Mothers Day!!!!! It was surprisingly fun. That one scene though, oof

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Bride of the Reanimator already an hour in with Jeffery Combs as the guest! Been so much fun!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually watching Mother's Day right now, and I think Eli Roth being Joe Bob's guest has slightly changed my opinion of him. For as immature and terrible as I've found his movies to be, the man knows his stuff as a horror historian.

Can't wait to see Combs. I met him in 2019 at Texas Frightmare. He tells some of the most amazing stories.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm actually watching Mother's Day right now, and I think Eli Roth being Joe Bob's guest has slightly changed my opinion of him. For as immature and terrible as I've found his movies to be, the man knows his stuff as a horror historian.

Can't wait to see Combs. I met him in 2019 at Texas Frightmare. He tells some of the most amazing stories.
As much as absolutely hate Eli Roth's movie output dude knows his stuff.

The problem is he doesn't seem to be able to replicate the subtext and themes these movies have and so his own movies just become "human misery"

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ayn Rand rant was pretty accurate. Friend of mine still denies he had an Ayn Rand phase.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah. I try to deny mine as well. It was also great to hear Joe Bob basically call anyone who follows Objectivism as idiots.

OP
OP
spookyduzt

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jeffrey Combs could convince me to do anything. He's so genuinely compelling.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I always enjoy this guy's art while watching TLDI

And that rant about hand dryers was something lmao

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
for the first time this season, I cannot watch due to licensing issues in Canada apparently. bummer.

and it's a Canadian movie, too. cruel irony.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Ginger Snaps was good. And Fried Barry was awesome. A great episode tonight.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've only heard of Fried Barry never watched it. Decided to hold off, but went back and watched Halloween Hootananny to finished up and watch Halloween 5.

This movie is so worse than I remember.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Love Ginger Snaps!!! I hope everyone who watched it for the first time liked it. One of my fave horror movies

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Fried Barry the other night, now on second rewatch...this shit is my jam. Some straight up Chris Cunningham Aphex Twin style visuals and editing by way of Jonathan Glazer/Under The Skin vibes. More leaning into Cunningham levity territory (think Rubber Johnny), fantastic dark humor. At times reminded me of the The Prodigy's Smack my B Up music video with its chaotic debauched club hopping energy. Probably the closest something has come to channeling the experimental vibe of the 90s MTV electronic music video scene. Loving it.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Fried Barry the other night, now on second rewatch...this shit is my jam. Some straight up Chris Cunningham Aphex Twin style visuals and editing by way of Jonathan Glazer/Under The Skin vibes. More leaning into Cunningham levity territory (think Rubber Johnny), fantastic dark humor. At times reminded me of the The Prodigy's Smack my B Up music video with its chaotic debauched club hopping energy. Probably the closest something has come to channeling the experimental vibe of the 90s MTV electronic music video scene. Loving it.

Well said. It's a great movie. To add to what you said, that driving scene after the hospital escape totally felt like Natural Born Killers. Loved it.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
God I love Mandy. Gorgeously shot, hits all the right notes for me on death cult exploitation tropes, wonderful score, and batshit insane energy. Perfect pairing between Cosmatos and Cage, hope they collaborate on something again.

Wow. Lol. I didn't notice it was a reference. Right on.

I guess it could be a coincidence but it jumped out to me 🤷‍♂️