• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise Yakuza 5 came out so late on the PS3, that's crazy.
Well, it was a December 2012 game in Japan, it just took this long to finally get it (though that was more likely down to Sega giving up until Sony offered to help fund? the localisation in some way).
2015 was also the year that Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 (aka Yakuza 0) got its release in Japan. What amazing fun this game was for me - seeing all the nods to future games, characters returning, Dojima actually getting to do stuff, more playable Majima etc. No game released this year could really compete with either of these games for me in that year.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Well, it was a December 2012 game in Japan, it just took this long to finally get it (though that was more likely down to Sega giving up until Sony offered to help fund? the localisation in some way).
2015 was also the year that Ryu Ga Gotoku 0 (aka Yakuza 0) got its release in Japan. What amazing fun this game was for me - seeing all the nods to future games, characters returning, Dojima actually getting to do stuff, more playable Majima etc. No game released this year could really compete with either of these games for me in that year.

Yeah, Zero was awesome. I got #5 on PS+ and then forgot about it, hadn't even finished #4. Then 2017 Zero was released and I thought I'd better get back into it. Load up #4 and my last save was 2011! Smashed out 4, straight onto 5 then Zero and onto Kiwami. Got a bit burnt out halfway through Kiwami 2. Still got #6 After Dark edition sitting in the cupboard that I received for my b'day 2018. Saving that till after Kiwami 2 and I get to christen that whiskey glass with dragon ice stones. *chefs kiss*

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
1. The Witcher 3
2. Halo 5 Arena
3. Ori and the Blind Forest
4. Gwent via Witcher 3
5. Fallout 4 Survival Mode update + mods

Pretty good year.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
5 years later and I'm finally playing through Witcher 3. At the time though my top was

1. Undertale
2. Ori and the Blind Forest
3. Bloodborne
4. Until Dawn
5. Yoshi's Woolly World
6. Life Is Strange
7. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
8. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
9. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
10. Her Story

I'd put LiS a bit higher now and maybe BB at n°2.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Blops3, Forza 6, Just Cause 3, SW:Battlefront, Until Dawn.

Yup, this was a great year for me, played all of those games a whole lot, even 100% Just Cause 3.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
2015 was so good.

Ori & the Blind Forest got me out of a massive gaming rut. I hadn't been excited for new games in years and was basically just playing League of Legends all the time. I tried out Ori, and it basically ended my League addiction overnight. I was hooked, and then wanted to play new games again.

Also, Downwell. Hoooo boy Downwell. I played that game sooooooooo much (hence my avatar).

Popcicle

Unbroken Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
2015 was pretty much the best year of gaming in recent history for me, with no subsequent year surpassing it, or even getting close to it.
MGSV, Bloodborne, Batman: Arkham Knight, Axiom Verge, Undertale, I mean these are titles I still play today and all have meant so much to me.

There have been some amazing titles since then I've come to love, but the above alone represent gaming masterpieces in my mind, and MGSV and Bloodborne are still the apex of video games in all matters for me, not even close to being surpassed by almost all titles.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Only recall three games in particular for this year, but two of them are awesome handheld experience!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate came alongside the new 3DS, and after a couple failed attempts of getting into the MH series previously, it had finally clicked here. It had since became my most played game on the 3DS at 120+ hours. I was particularly fond using the charge blade to take down some of the coolest monsters ever, and even got to special G-rank! Overall I definitely had a lot of fun to this, with the gameplay feeling quite rewarding once you get the hang of it.​
Lara Croft GO was revealed and came out this year also, and it basically became one of my favorite mobile games. Just a really stellar presentation all around, and I feel like in a time where the reboot came out, GO carried the spirit of Tomb Raider better. It felt like a strong Tomb Raider game in bit of a different way, and has a really nice sense of isolation similar to what the original TR had. It was also my intro to the GO series, which sadly has ended now. :(​
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns was the first expansion to Guild Wars 2, which admittedly had some mixed results, but I did like the vertically of the new maps, the Revenant class overall & the new elite specs, and especially the new raids. I joined a couple groups, and man was it so fun trying to beat the raid bosses, some of which were really awesome fights. I eventually retired from raiding, but it was great being able to at least get through all of the 4 Heart of Thorns raids, and crafting a legendary armor piece as a result from that.​

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Great year for multiplayer. Rocket League and Rainbow Six Siege are two of my all time faves for the generation.

and yeah, Bloodborne was just... my god

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
thread needs more Mad Max!

3159FACA7E4B875677085F8364509F93A8A9294C

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
2015 was when, in my mind, I realised that the current gen was going to be SO much better than the previous gen. We are living through one of the best generations - I hope you guys can realise that. Gone were the motion controls and Call of Duty shit that defined the PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 and in its place there were so many quality and diverse games.

This was a big year for the WiiU. Super Mario Maker is so much better on the WiIU compared to the Switch, it's not funny - just sad. Splatoon was remarkable. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (came out in 2015 in Australia) was just ridiculously comforting.

Also a big year for year for the PS4 with Bloodborne and MGSV. I personally don't care for either game and just enjoyed the hell out of Until Dawn. Even the Xbox One got some licks in with the long overdue Rare compilation, Rare Replay. I know people who bought a console just for this compilation. A watershed year for what is truly the best gen since the late '90s IMO.

limi

Jul 3, 2020
Oh man Dying Light. I freaking love that game! I'm thinking about replaying it now with a buddy!

M4n

Oct 25, 2017
Leon, Spain
The year the GOAT got released (and was robbed on TGA), Bloodborne is such a gem; and we also experienced The Old Hunters, one of the best DLCs (if not the best) ever made. My top 10 for that year would probably be:
  1. Bloodborne
  2. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
  3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  4. Life is Strange
  5. Undertale
  6. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  7. SOMA
  8. Ori and the Blind Forest
  9. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  10. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of how much do I wanna replay Phantom Pain! One of my all-time favorite games

Anyway, 2015 was a decent year, I remember there was an interesting game or two to play every month till the very end of the year. Oh, and I'd never forgotten how disappointing Xenoblade X was! Must be my biggest disappointment in the entire decade

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
2015, the year of the Soma. Best scientific contemplation of any sort in gaming, imo. Strong contender for GOTG for me.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne
Witcher 3
Metal Gear Solid V
Talos Principle
Life is Strange
SOMA
Until Dawn

Easily of my favorite years of the generation and decade. In a lot of ways it felt like the actual start of gen 8.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
One of my favorite years of the decade. I've greatly enjoyed many of the games people are talking about in here, but my top game that year, and one that almost no one cares about, was N++ (although someone did mention it on the previous page). I still fire it up from time to time and play through a few levels from the new content they released a while back. Maybe it hit me so hard because I never played N or N+, but I have played it for well over 100 hours, and if I was a crazy masochist and wanted to get all of the secret levels, I could probably spend another 200 on it.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is the year that gave me four of my games of the generation (Undertale, MGSV, Rocket League, Cities Skylines). And I haven't even played Witcher 3 and Bloodborne.

Yeah, this was an amazing year.

edit: shoot, forgot about Life Is Strange, SOMA and Ori. Holy shit this year was stacked.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
I forgot how many games i loved from 2015

1. Fallout 4
2. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
3.Tales from the Borderlands
4. Bloodborne
5. The Witcher 3
6. Shovel Knight
7. Until Dawn
8. Hotline Miami 2
9. Rocket League
10.Crypt of the NecroDancer

Mentions: Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell . Rise of the Tomb Raider. Life is Strange. Dying Light . Rainbow Six Siege.
Resident Evil: Revelations 2