• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Welcome back once more as we discuss the last decade in games and the first year of the eighth console generation, 2014. A brief reminder, these posts are leading up to a Game of the Decade vote using a brand new voting system. So keep thinking about these games and which will be making it to your ultimate list come July 8th (date subject to change slightly stay tuned). In case you missed them take a look back at our previous posts for 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013. Without much more delay lets move onto the year 2014.

GOTDlargecells7.png

2014 is somewhat different from the years we have previously discussed. Opening a new year we saw the new console generation kicking off but game dev stepping quite slowly into it. If you owned a PS3 or Xbox 360 you could largely keep using it without missing out in 2014. Nonetheless, there were some big steps being taken to build up the next generation. First echos of 2010 as cloud gaming and gaming services were announced and launched. First up we had, PlayStation Now, a cloud streaming games service from Sony that allowed users to stream games without downloads at the click of a button. Next for the year, we saw Electronic Arts launch EA Access exclusively for the Xbox One. EA Access was a catalog of EA games that could be downloaded and played for any subscriber. These two services had different approaches, but the end result was games and services coming closer together. A trend that would build as the years went on.

Closing 2013 we discussed the closure of LucasArts and sadly that trend continues into 2014 and the years that will follow. With the explosive growth of the industry, it also brought an unsteadiness to some studio's work. Starting the year in February we saw Irrational Games, the creator of the BioShock series shutter as Ken Levine decided he wished to step back from AAA game dev. In May, Electronic Arts shut down Mythic Entertainment as they pivoted their mobile development to plans that did not include Mythic. In June, following months of financial difficulties and missed wage payments and bonuses Crytek USA and Crytek UK were shut down. In some good news for these layoffs, many former Crytek UK staff would transfer quickly to Dambuster Studios. Finally, in July, Airtight Games was shut down following the commercial failures of Murdered: Soul Suspect.

In the same realm of closure we also have acquisitions, come 2014 major acquisitions in the industry were really taking off. The biggest of the year is certainly the $2.5 billion acquisition of Minecraft developer Mojang by Microsoft Studios. A big purchase for one of gamings most defined brands. In the VR space, Oculus VR was acquired by Facebook for $2 billion another large purchase showing a commitment to the growth of VR. Streaming too was on the rise as Twitch was acquired by Amazon.com for $970 million. These purchases are all indicative of one thing, gamings transformation into the mainstream that corporate consolidation was here and here to stay. Finally, we also saw a new start for Nordic Games as they acquired the publishing label of THQ.

Before we get too far away from it VR was also starting to find a foothold in the industry, beyond the acquisition of Oculus we also saw Project Morpheus announced. From Sony Project Morpheus promised a fully integrated VR system for the home consoles. At E3 for the year there was much of the usual, with the new hardware out focus was much more on software this time around. One key takeaway from E3 2014 was Microsoft's continued apology tour for the Xbox One stripping the Kinect out of the package and promising the hardware still had promise. In other major show announcements for the year in general, we also saw the end of the Spike VGA/VGX, in its place came The Game Awards hosted by Geoff Keighley the show promised to bring more to the awards compared to prior years of Spike's show.

One final note about 2014, this was the year controversy and harassment campaigns really began to dominate the social discourse. It wasn't okay then and as it has continued to happen through the years it is still not okay. Although these postings are not the forum for such discussion remember to treat people well and be an active participant in building up good in your communities, online or otherwise.

GOTDtwo2.png

Come 2014 we have a lot of game releases, even in just the past few lists, you might have seen your favorite game left out. So going forward we will instead be breaking down the year into three separate lists without summary, a bit boring sure but hopefully, it will do its job of refreshing your memory for the year. So for 2014, we had a slower year with some publishers finishing their commitments to the seventh generation while others were stepping into the next generation while keeping one foot planted in the past year with cross-gen releases. Take a look and see which games you might have forgotten from the year or which were your definitive favorites.

In franchises:
In New IP:
Coming from Japan:
GOTDone2.png

Indie dev as we have shown in the Indie Spotlight the indie space had arrived to the mainstream by and large. There were many games releasing and many of them hit upon the same successes as some games in the AAA space. One place to start might be with Divinity: Original Sin which takes lessons from other major classic RPG and dedicates itself to using those lessons to make a new classic RPG on an indie budget scale. This passion for the genre has led to greater success for developer Larian Studios but also aided in blurring the line between indie and Triple AAA game dev. "Indie" today is a much blurrier line. Part of that is when the small independent studios throw themselves into a project completely and use their creativity to create something they are proud of and that people can enjoy.

Part of this growth of the independent studio can also bee seen in Telltale Games continued success with The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Wolf Among Us. While it is agreed upon that the second season of The Walking Dead does not necessarily hit the same highs is still widely regarded as another touching season in which character is front and center. Similarly, The Wolf Among Us remains a cult hit with a second season still a hotly anticipated title even after the death of Telltale and its rebirth under a new studio. Transistor too a symbol of indie studios learning and growing as they move past their first success with Supergiant Games creating something new and different that players took to quickly for its compelling gameplay and storyline. Plus it has a killer soundtrack that is absolutely amazing.

Story in the indie space was also becoming central, storytellers found freedom and used that freedom to tell stories they cared about. Including the previous examples, we also have This War of Mine a survival story, not about the soldiers but the civilians as they try and survive under siege. Further, The Banner Saga a turn-based strategy game that explored a Norse society as they explore two stories as they come together driven by player choice. These stories would build into further installments makings this series the saga promised in the title.

Finally, we have the Kickstarter success story of Shovel Knight. A careful homage to classic platformers Shovel Knight is a love letter just as much as Divinity: Original Sin is to its genre. Beyond that, it was something people took to and supported funding the game and stretch goals that would turn into such expansive DLC packs it would take years for each to be finished as full titles in their own right. 2014 for the indie space was a symbol of passion, something that truly has to be paid attention to as the years went on.

GOTDthree2.png

For 2014 critics and readers alike were a bit more split with a much wider spread on the ultimate winner as seen on gotypicks. Nonetheless, there was a definitive winner with Dragon Age: Inquisition taking 134 total awards. Runners up include Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor with 49 awards, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U with 28 each, and Far Cry 4 with 26. The major awards shows, including the newly minted Game Awards taking the place of VGX, are as follows,
So in a slow start to the generation, how do you feel coming away from 2014? Let us know what your favorite games were in the year and we look forward to seeing you again in the 2015 thread in just a few days.

Special thanks to B-Dubs for help in putting together and revising things, to Delphine for help putting together graphics, to pjl93 for help compiling games and events for each year, and to the entirety of the Game of the Year team for their input.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
One of the most underrated years in gaming thanks to Divinity Original Sin, Shadowrun Dragonfall, Alien Isolation and The Evil Within.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Still stuck on how amazing and good Dragon Age: Inquisition was. I replayed that game 3 times already, that's how much I loved it, and I'm one of those clowns desperately waiting for some news of DA4 anytime there's a conference. That lore, that universe, that story, those characters I'm still enjoying the hell out of it to this day.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
This is probably my second favorite year of the decade after 2010. DKTF, Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 all in the same year. DKTF is my second favorite game of the decade, Mario Kart 8 is a lot of fun, and Smash 4 was the go-to Smash game at the time.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I always hear, this year sucks.

But damn.

Mario Kart 8, Forza Horizon 2, Wolfenstein TNO, The Evil Within - absolutely fantastic games. TEW and Horizon 2 would probably my favorites. Horizon 2's graphics, location, vibes were so warm and fuzzy. It was comfy. TEW was like a spiritual successor to RE4. One of the most underrated games of the gen imo.

I had good fun with the ubisoft titles as well, despite their shoddy technical state (Watch dogs, Far Cry 4, AC Unity, The crew). In fact AC Unity was easily the most impressive early gen game IMO, and it still looks absolutely fantastic. Watch Dogs was like Punisher: the game. And FC4 was more FC3, but in a cooler setting.

Dragon Age Inqusition and Borderlands: Pre Sequel fall in the category of "good, but forgettable" games for me. They were fun to play at the time but I barely remembered them even weeks afterwards.

Shadow of War was okay, I personally never really got the hype but the setting and nemesis system were cool.

Driveclub ended up being a pretty good game eventually but at launch it was a bit of a disaster.

Destiny was the first and last time I ever returned a console game, but I did end up re-buying it (and loving it) later. But good lord initially it was hugely disappointing.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Hands down the roughest year of the decade. Woof. The Wolf Among Us came out this year, though, so it's not all bad.

Such an incredible game.

Oh, and Bayonetta 2!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pretty good year, loved The Evil Within and played through Bayonetta 2 probably close to ten times.
D4 showed that Swery was more than capable of continuing to put out back to back hits. Lisa is also great and often neglected from what I've seen.

-The Evil Within
-Bayonetta 2
-Lisa the Painful
-D4
-Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
-Alien Isolation

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
This to me was a disappointing year. Oddly, oldgen consoles had still a hell of an year. My GOTY was Forza Horizon 2.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta 2 was the gift that keeps on giving!
giphy.gif

What an action game!

Obligatory:

Edit:

Also, I enjoyed Hyrule Warriors :D

Wasn't this the year Retro Studios released f****** Donkey Kong? :v
caratula-donkey-kong-country-tropical-frezee.jpg

M4n

Oct 25, 2017
Leon, Spain
This year is underrated, we got a lot of gems: Bayonetta 2, The Evil Within, Shin Megami Tensei IV, DK: Tropical Freeze, Velocity 2X, Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Wolf Among Us, Transistor...

Just great.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Still stuck on how amazing and good Dragon Age: Inquisition was. I replayed that game 3 times already, that's how much I loved it, and I'm one of those clowns desperately waiting for some news of DA4 anytime there's a conference. That lore, that universe, that story, those characters I'm still enjoying the hell out of it to this day.

Same. Sank like 110h to that game and enjoyed it greatly.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
48517226967_54ee338a13_o.png

The GOAT horror game for me, Alien Isolation. 2014 was a bit messy but still put out some amazing games. Destiny also hit that year and despite the endless problems of it, I adore that game and 2 and haven't stopped playing the series for 6 straight years.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play any games until late September when I bought my PS4.

I got TLoU Remastered, Mordor, The Evil Within, Ground Zeroes and Dragon Age: Inquisition in quick succession. Damn good year for games.

Last edited:

M4n

Oct 25, 2017
Leon, Spain
May 10, 2019
2014 had the thankless task of following a greatest of all time year for games, and well it did okay. There was definitely a lot of disorientation though.

Hp6HBXb.jpg

Jazzpunk - Should be heralded as much as (if not more than) The Stanley Parable is for bringing abstract and absurdist comedy to first person adventures when a lot of them were starting to take themselves way too seriously.
Destiny - I'm one of 10 weirdos that thinks Bungie was in a creative rut the entire time they were with Microsoft, especially after the first two Myth games. Destiny did a serious job of helping validate that feeling, even if it took a few months.
Freedom Wars - The most significant justification of the PlayStation Vita's existence, in the mold of Monster Hunter and God Eater but feeling completely unique as well. There hasn't really been a game within the genre like it, which kinda makes the lack of a PS4 version sting that much more.
The Banner Saga - Probably the best tactical RPG in 15 years, and the closest that any western developer has ever gotten to something with these kinds of games that lands with the depth of Final Fantasy Tactics.
Child of Light - My favorite of all the great UbiArt games, a gorgeous platformer RPG that also ends up as a sprawling epic of a poem. Quite literally too.
The Talos Principle - Much better of an heir of the Myst legacy than The Witness ended up being in the age of first person puzzlers and immersive adventure, and it's a beautiful game to look at even now as well. I don't list DLC in these things but Road to Gehenna is a fantastic expansion as well.
Fight the Dragon - This game was Minecraft Dungeons before Minecraft Dungeons was even imagined, still really holds up too.
Endless Legend - Deep 4X strategy territory, you may as well consider this Amplitude Studio's audition for building a competitor game to Civilization (which seems to be happening at long last).
Nidhogg - A perfect little ballet of low-fi 1v1 fighting. If time machines were an actual thing and I could go back and engineer the ColecoVision into a world-beating platform, I'd take this game with me.
LUFTRAUSERS - This game was made for a kid that absolutely spent way too much on Time Pilot and grew up to get hooked on roguelikes and roguelites. (It's me.)
Fantasy Life - I've always had a soft spot for Level-5's RPG designs and gameplay and this ended up being one of their better releases. Probably the 3DS game I put the most hours into (even more than ACNL), especially when my office work dried up a month after it came out.

Also really liked: This War of Mine, Shovel Knight, Transistor, LISA, Middle-Earth: Shaodw of Mordor, Hatoful Boyfriend (Remake), Elite Dangerous, Bravely Default, Doorkickers, 1001 Spikes, Valiant Hearts, Threes, Never Alone, LOVE, and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

Last edited:

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The games side of this 2014 is often characterized as unimpressive at first glance, but it had plenty of great titles tucked in. The whole year, though, is drowned out for me by GG and other gamer related bullshit (outlined in OP) that came out of it.

Wolfenstein and Alien are the winners for me.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
inFAMOUS: Second Son and Watch Dogs kickstarted 2014 on an okay note, although the latter could've been better. AC Unity, even with the technical faults, blew me away and is still one of my favorite open world games. And MGSV: Ground Zeroes was a highly replayable stealth masterpiece. Shadow of Mordor, inFAMOUS: First Light, and Sunset Overdrive were decent releases for the fall window ⁠— and I didn't play Destiny (beyond the beta), Alien: Isolation, Wolfenstein, or Dragon Age, but it seems those were fine games as well. 2014 was also a decent year for ports and remasters of games that released a year or two prior: Sleeping Dogs, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Arkham Origins Blackgate, and AC Liberation come to mind.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
I think we're all missing the real GOAT... simulator.
header.jpg

Bayonetta 2, Wolfenstein: the New Order, and Shovel Knight were nice, too.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If you had a Wii U, 2014 was simply amazing. Plus Shovel Knight. One of those years I look back on fondly, even though it tends to be a lackluster one for many.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze were good. Thief 4 was one of the most disappointing franchise returns ever. Deus Ex: HR did a good job appealing to new and old fans but they just went full steam ahead with dumbed down trash for Thief.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
As a few have already said, 2014 was amazing...if you had a Wii U. Which I did! Mario Kart 8 is the best kart racer ever, Tropical Freeze the best 2D platformer, and Bayonetta 2 the best action game. Captain Toad, Shovel Knight, and Smash 4 were also great releases. I didn't play Dark Souls II until the Scholar release in 2015 so I don't consider it a 2014 game since it was different. At the time I put Bayonetta 2 as my GOTY but that was because I didn't play The Talos Principle until later when it released on PS4 but it is my favorite puzzle game ever and the best game released in 2014.

1. The Talos Principle
2. Mario Kart 8
3. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
4. Bayonetta 2
5. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
6. Smash 4
Honorable mentions: Shovel Knight, Assassin's Creed Unity, Child of Light

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
The Wii U's only good year

Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Smash 4
Captain Toad
Shovel Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Not the best year, but I enjoyed a few games from that year. Infamous Second Son was probably my favorite of them.

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
This was another great year for indies while Sony and Microsoft were still figuring the generation out. I didn't opt for a Wii U, which was having a great year, but it's been nice to be able to play most of its highlights via the Switch ports. Overall that year, outside of Nintendo, AAA releases were fewer and far between, and many of the early titles in the generation were disappointing. As an indie game lover, the early days of PlayStation Plus are still my favorite. Both Resogun and Velocity 2X are some of my favorite games of the generation, and they were both free. I get that the vast majority of people like the format of providing larger AAA games now, but I'd much rather still have it the old way.

Top 10:

1. Velocity 2X
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. South Park: The Stick of Truth
4. Olli Olli
5. Super Time Force Ultra
6. FRACT OSC
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order
8. Hohokum
9. Transistor
10. Infamous: Second Son

Honorable Mentions: Infamous: First Light, ULTRAWORLD, Counterspy, The Talos Principle, LittleBigPlanet 3

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Ah 2014 the year everyone loves to hate. I personally loved it starting with my GotY Dragon Age: Inquisition followed by Wolfenstein: The New Order and not to far behind that is Far Cry 4. To round off the top 5 I had Destiny and Banner Saga.

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I'd honestly take 2015 over 2014 as best Wii U year, just because of Xenoblade X and Mario Maker (and there's cases people can make for Splatoon and Fatal Frame: Maiden of Dark Water) along with Axiom Verge on the indie side, but we'll get to that in a few days.

2014 just resonated a lot more with my interests, since DK, Smash Bros and Mario Kart are some of my favorite series.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Definitely one of the weakest years of the decade.
Most of my top 10 consists of games that were released in previous years but ported to new platforms in 2014.

We did get Bayonetta 2 and The Evil Within though, so I guess that's something.
My GOTY was Theatrhythm Curtain Call. Put an insane number of hours into that game.

Also, no mention of P.T. at all!?
For shame!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo had a good year, everyone else failed miserably. I don't think I ever would have played so much of Destiny 1 if not for the awful next-gen drought.

GOTY is Mario Kart 8 and it's not really close.

denseWorm

Banned
May 15, 2020
A pretty great year for graphics it seems, Assassin's Creed Unity still looks drop dead gorgeous to me~ Dragon Age Inquisition wasn't bad either~ Child of Light might be the pick of the bunch though~

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
If you were a Nintendo fan, 2014 was heaven. Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Bayonetta 2 are all in my top 10 Nintendo games this decade.

If you weren't a Nintendo fan, 2014 was hell. I would argue that nothing outside of Nintendo would even warrant an 8/10.

Edit: ORAS sucked, though, and I feel like it was what kicked off the series' decline.

Last edited:

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
This might honestly be the worst year in gaming since I've followed gaming (1996 onwards). Forza Horizon 2 and Stick of Truth were the lone bright spots for me. I felt crazy seeing Dragon Age Inquisition get all the accolades but it's been somewhat cathartic seeing people realise how terrible that game is in retrospect. Assassin's Creed Unity eventually became quite good once it was patched but obviously became the poster child for rushed, buggy games.

Edit: Totally forgot watchdogs came out this year as well, I really enjoyed it too.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Perhaps my most unexpected GOTY of the decade appears here-- Alien: Isolation! What a spectacularly atmospheric game.

Transistor and Wolfenstein follow at a bit of a distance. Very weird year for me, playing a lot of games in genres I don't usually explore.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
very weird year but damn the wii u went OFF

Tropical fucking Freeze
Bayo 2
Captain Toad was adorable
a Mario Kart that doesn't look like hot garbage
(a really bad smash bros that had some great, hype character reveal trailers)

Also loved Dark Souls 2, Shovel Knight and Destiny

fun year

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Dark souls 2 year! I enjoyed inmensely the game, and played the (great) pc version, so it was my first taste of 60fps souls goodness.
If DS2 wasn't launched, I would remember Driveclub and Shadow of Mordor as the standouts. And Drakengard 3 for the "best game that barely works" award.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
People will tell you that 2014 was the weakest year of the last decade. These people are wrong. 2014 was easily the Wii U's best year, between Captain Toad (people are still sleeping on this game to this day, it's one of the best games Nintendo's put out in the last 15 years), Smash 4, Tropical Freeze, and Mario Kart 8. I don't even really fuck with Bayonetta (it's okay) and this was still one of my favorite years of the decade. We also got lots of rhythm game goodness this year between Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Project Diva F 2nd, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and the annual IIDX. We got both of the first TWO DanganRonpa games localized this year. Other games like Fantasy Life and Geometry Wars 3 were great. It is a weird year where the strongest games were released on platforms that not a lot of people owned or wanted to play on (3DS/PS3). Yeah, even something like the PS3 had a decent year between getting a BlazBlue, P4A, and Guilty Gear game all in one year along with Dark Souls 2.

It's not my favorite year of the decade or anything but it's pretty strong and might be my third favorite between 2012 and 2017.

In terms of my personal life, a lot of this year was a repeat of 2013, in that my mental health continued spiraling down and I continued doing poorly in college. I really hit peak "No fucks to give" this year and stopped caring about things. I remember there were classes I just straight up didn't attend at one point. Halfway through the year I had a falling out with my college friends and was suddenly alone on campus. The Summer was also a repeat of 2013, with a lot of time spent laying in bed, then by the end of it spending a ton of time playing games.

But there's one thing that defines this year above everything else and that's that it's the year I got into Melee/PM. I was already considering following competitive PM/Smash 4, watching big Melee tournaments, and had imported the Japanese version of Smash 4 3DS. Then Fall Quarter after losing my friends, the university, by some sheer miracle-tier coincidence, put me in the same housing unit as the people who ran the Smash club at university. Day 1 I saw they were playing Melee and the rest is history. I also did put a good amount of time into Smash 4 between the 3DS and Wii U versions this year, but by the end of the year I realized it wasn't the game I was going to follow going forward.

When I think of 2014, I also think of a lot of things that weren't really related to an actual game that came out this year. Twitch Plays Pokemon was debatably my favorite gaming "thing" from this year, and is probably the thing that feels the most of 2014. Also I can't believe it's been six years holy shit. But monitoring that stream near 24/7 to witness them capture the Zapdos and defeat the Elite 4 was amazing. I already brought up Smash, but I think this was maybe the most memorable year for Smash and Speedrunning, as both still felt grassroots to the point that they weren't corporate but they were still experiencing an insane level of growth. This was also the year of GamerGate which was....uniformly awful and one of the worst things to ever happen in the industry and just something where a lot of awful reactionary social movements were born, but also something that dominated the discourse in gaming spaces for months. This was also the year I got banned from GameFAQs and stopped going there quite as much as I did from 2012-first half of 2014.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand people calling this a bad year for gaming.
Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Alien Isolation (!), Forza Horizon 2 were all excellent games.
Imo the best year for Xbox One, even with the Master Chief collection launching in a terrible state.
I also liked AC Unity (had no big issues) and Wolfenstein.
Destiny and Watch Dogs were disappointing to me.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
2014 was the year I graduated college, and at the time I had fallen off gaming pretty hard. In college, I had basically only played FIFA with my roommates; I never had a PS3 or 360 of my own. I got an Xbox One in late 2015, but even at the time I mostly expected it to be a way for me to play sports games. Forza Horizon 2 was the first game I played that really enthralled me with my new console, and it deserves a lot of credit for bringing me back into my favorite hobby.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Tomodachi Life was one of the weirdest games I have ever played. And I love it so much for just being that... odd.

Remember how it was announced?

If you came out of that direct without being at least somewhat confused, you probably weren't paying attention.

And then the game comes out and it's actually like that. I want another one, but with how reliant the first one was on Miis, I am heistant to expect it.

"All hail the Virtual Boy!"

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mario kart 8, still selling like a new game 6 years later.

bayonetta 2 was a slay.

shovel knight instantly became a timeless indie classic.