• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
You make it seem like Kyrie didn't ball out of his mind also. You also forgot to mention that the NBA gifted the Cavs game 5 when they suspended Dramond for a post-facto post game technical.

Ah yes the Kyrie bailed LeBron out narrative despite Bron having 27-11-11 and the massive block that set Kyrie up for that shot in the first place. I swear LeBron is the only player in NBA history who gets shit on when his teammates play well. And Draymond got himself suspended for being an idiot. And you don't get gifted any game. Absolutely nothing proves the Warriors win even if Draymond is on the court in game 5.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Threads like this are why sports threads exist lmao

Let's be real neither the Heat nor Celtics are built to beat a team that just washed the Nuggets and Rockets. It's over.

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
Damn, y'all really wanna remind op of this thread.

Ah yes the Kyrie bailed LeBron out narrative despite Bron having 27-11-11 and the massive block that set Kyrie up for that shot in the first place. I swear LeBron is the only player in NBA history who gets shit on when his teammates play well. And Draymond got himself suspended for being an idiot. And you don't get gifted any game. Absolutely nothing proves the Warriors win even if Draymond is on the court in game 5.

Agreed, there's no chip in Cleveland without LBJ period. In fact, the Warriors had proven before then and since then that they could beat anyone without one of their stars. So I agree, the Warriors lost that game on their own merrits.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I was wondering why this old thread was bumped, then I started reading through it.

Holy shit, the Lakers and LeBron hate is strong. So much fucking crow to be served.

4 more wins to go until the Lakers grab #17. The haters hate to see it 😂

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha I was wondering why I was getting notifications for a year old post.

I just have three things to say.

1). This is an asterisks season.

2). We're in the middle of a lull with superstar talent, we've had a lot of great players retire in the last 3-5 years and others are injured.

3). Props to Lebron for proving me wrong and actually getting to the Finals. Bron Bron fans are welcome to throw eggs and tomatoes at me.
4. Lebron is 35 years old.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Can the basketball gods please humble these guys for more than one season? They got enough trophies as it is.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Yes go Celtics.

Go to hell.
Always.

It is fucking surreal that LeBron James is a Los Angeles Laker and might lead them to a title in the year 2020 with Anthony Davis along with a supporting case of the white mamba, Rondo and Dwight Howard.

I thought it was going to be a long shot for LeBron to get back to the finals when he came to LA even with AD (though I knew it could happen, he is just so fucking old I knew he had to stay healthy in the playoffs).

Being a Lakers fan has been pretty crazy for the last 4 years. This will be pretty satisfying and I am glad for whoever resurrected this thread to remind the doubts that you can't ever, ever, ever count out the:

a2f4adf2-196f-42e9-8emmjka.gif

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I actually admitted the Warriors choked in the same post you quoted me. You just saying stuff and bringing up 2014-15 injuries make you come off as a sore loser.

Draymond was a defensive monster that year and he averaged 38.8% 3 point shooting that year. So yes, him not playing in game 5 was a huge blow to the Warriors. Him not playing that game was an assured loss since Bogut was also injured on game 5. How is that not a gift to the Cavs?

You ducking that fact is suspect. Refute my point with something tangible or don't comment on my post at all.
Ducking what? Yeah I'm not gonna engage your in your game of pointless stats. Here is one for you... You guys got two more games with Draymond and lost. Cry me a river. 😂

He recruited KD for the very reason that he knew LeBron wasn't losing to that same squad again. Nothing you said is tangible, you're dealing in nothing but "what ifs."

Last edited:

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Read thread title early this morning. Watched bbc world report after. I haven't been following NBA lately so I was like what's this lady on as she was saying they made it to the finals.

Mumford

Oct 25, 2017
Just here to join in on the fun! As a longtime Lakers fan, the last 10 years have been both fun and painful in their own ways, but I'm glad we're about to be back on top. It just feels right!

With that said, y'all salty mf's in this thread are some losers, for real. If you have any appreciation for this beautiful game, you're gonna miss Bron when he's gone. You're not finna see me bemoan Bynum's absence in '08, Kyrie's/K-Love's absence in '15, nor Draymond's suspension in 2016; for the simple fact that what happened, happened, and none of you living in a fictitious alternate reality are going to be able to take those glories away from their players& fans. Gtf over those L's, acknowledge greatness for what it is, and take some pride in your team's actual successes rather than crying because your fiction is fiction. You'll be happier for it in the long run.

You'd think fans of a franchise that just won 3 titles in 5 years would actually appreciate their W's instead of continuing to cry about their historic choke job 😅😅 Bron livin' rent free for y'all

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron is a beast, proving that he's still the best player in the game and him and AD are easily the best duo in the game right now. I was rooting for the underdog Nuggets and fellow Canadian Jamal Murray last night, but you can't help but respect Lebron.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lebron is a beast, proving that he's still the best player in the game and him and AD are easily the best duo in the game right now. I was rooting for the underdog Nuggets and fellow Canadian Jamal Murray last night, but you can't help but respect Lebron.
I'm from Wisconsin, have been a huge Bucks fan all my life, and Giannis is my favorite player...

But yeah, Lebron is better. Even at freaking age 35. He's so smart, he's so clutch, and his game has no faults. He is unquestionably a top 5 player to ever play the game.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
What's with this small time underdog mentality when you are one; the Lakers and two; have two of the top five players in the league?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I was all for the Lakers fans mocking the Clippers just because of their epic choke job. I hadn't really made up my mind on who to root for in the Finals yet. But bumping this thread from a year ago is definitely helping me make a decision lmao.

Red_V2

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing that they are gonna get the chip because Lakers fans are so toxic that they should be jailed and never see the light of day. I have no beef with the players or org though just the fans.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch basketball but seeing this thread followed by my Google homepage showing an ESPN article about Lebron commenting on making the finals had me awfully confused. Now I see it's old.