• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Losing to the nets have officially made it impossible for the lakers to make the playoffs. Fn crazy how much of a disaster this season has been for Lebron and LA.

Oct 27, 2017
long-live-the-king-gif-3.gif

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Its just been a weird season. Curtailed once Lebron's groin injury came along, Magic and them showing they certainly didn't have a team ready for this moment. Now it puts serious doubt that the Lakers will ever fit a good team around Bron, and his last best years may be cut short.

His defense has fallen off some, but I'm going to disagree with any hot takes that he's washed/fallen off dramatically or this hurts his legacy. He's just in an impossible situation, unfortunately for basketball fans. Also unfortunately, he put himself in this situation as well, and hasn't helped any in team chemistry or build

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Good. I'm tired of seeing the same teams win year after year. It's why I don't like professional sports.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His first season in the West and he can't even crack the playoffs? I think it's time to start the dialogue.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
14 seasons straight. There's a LOT of casual fans and casual haters that have been watching the post season to either see this man win, or see him lose for the last decade and a half.

Im really interested in seeing how ratings play out. Will those people still tune in? Or just ignore the post season since they don't have their usual system to follow. Ratings for this season are already down overall.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
What's funny about this pic is that he coulda joined the Warriors in 2015. We had Bogut, klay, steph, Dray, Barnes, etc. He decided to go to the cavs. Warriors used the capspace on iggy. Everything else is history. Thanks LeBron.

Lebron literally made history and probably his legacy off of that move bringing a title to Cleveland during his time there. If you want to thank him for that, you'll need to get in line behind every fan of the Cavs dating back to 1970 when they were established.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
Lebron literally made history and probably his legacy off of that move bringing a title to Cleveland during his time there. If you want to thank him for that, you'll need to get in line behind every fan of the Cavs dating back to 1970 when they were established.
Made his legacy? He helped solidify steph's legacy. Lebron joins the Warriors no way steph wins 2 mvps. And if steph gets another ring he's in this group, 2 mvps 4 rings - Duncan, Magic, Russell, Jordan, Kareem.

I don't see LeBron. Lebron probably still eating his 3-1 Halloween cake in his freezer.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Made his legacy? He helped solidify steph's legacy. Lebron joins the Warriors no way steph wins 2 mvps. And if steph gets another ring he's in this group, 2 mvps 4 rings - Duncan, Magic, Russell, Jordan, Kareem.

I don't see LeBron. Lebron probably still eating his 3-1 Halloween cake in his freezer.

lol he'd be even more hated than Durant.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018

Lol you dont know what you are talking about. Steph isn't on the same level as lebron.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paul George and Kawhi-God are doing too well respectively to even go to the Lakers. Lebron trolled his last remaining years for money and LA booty.

Method

Oct 25, 2017

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
This was in 2015 before the Warriors won any rings.

That's not what I'm saying. If LeBron joins the Warriors... That 2015 team probably wins 70+ games with LeBron winning mvp. Instead steph wins it two years straight.
What I'm saying is 5 championships in golden state are still not equivalent to his Cleveland championship

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Paul George and Kawhi-God are doing too well respectively to even go to the Lakers. Lebron trolled his last remaining years for money and LA booty.
If lakers had kept last years team Intact and just added lebron they would have been in a much better position. Instead. They decided to play 4d chess

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's all fun and games until missing the playoffs nets the Lakers a top 3 pick
They changed the lottery rules so now teams can jump into the top 4.

If lakers had kept last years team Intact and just added lebron they would have been in a much better position. Instead. They decided to play 4d chess
For better or worse Magic's plan is to sign two max free agents and has said he would step down if he fails.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but them not making the playoffs isn't on LeBron. LeBron has taken trash teams all the way to finals before, but this team was even worse than that. Them not getting the trade with the Pelicans sunk the whole season.

They will make it next year though after they get a big name or two in free agency.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Imagine trading over to one of the most overhyped teams in NBA history—when Kobe wasn't playing—and getting kicked out of the playoffs after an embarrassing last run of loses. Bron Bron is good but not that good to carry another team

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Lakers were a 35 win team last year, other than adding LBJ, they didn't make substantial moves to realistically compete at a high level this season. The botched trades and the effect it had on the young core, injuries, and terrible defense also helped seal this team's fate a while back.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but them not making the playoffs isn't on LeBron. LeBron has taken trash teams all the way to finals before, but this team was even worse than that. Them not getting the trade with the Pelicans sunk the whole season.

They will make it next year though after they get a big name or two in free agency.
This Lakers team is not nearly the worst team he has led to the playoffs. The difference is this Lakers team plays in the west.