• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Like they'll have some parts of a series, and nothing else.

All of DBZ but absolutely no DBZ Kai? I don't want to watch the original DBZ ever again.
Where are the DBZ movies? They have movie 1-7 and 13 but nothing else
All of One Piece is there but absolutely zero movies, they had Stampede for a brief period but that's it.
No Yu Yu Hakusho movies
Ace Attorney season 2 but not 1???
No My Hero movies but I guess that's because those are on Starz

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to have all of a series available on one app instead of just giving part of it or missing series' entirely. Like anime is extremely difficult to find without having to just buy a copy of something so having all of it on a streaming service would be very convenient for me.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Streaming rights are complicated; Some of the DBZ content has agreements with various providers as a result of predating a lot of streaming services.

There is no one stop solution for anime but between Funimation, and VRV (crunchyroll/hidive) you can find a pretty massive selection of stuff.

OP
OP
mrmickfran

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Streaming rights are complicated; Some of the DBZ content has agreements with various providers as a result of predating a lot of streaming services.

There is no one stop solution for anime but between Funimation, and VRV (crunchyroll/hidive) you can find a pretty massive selection of stuff.
I understand that streaming services have contracts and agreements, it would be easier for me to accept if that were the only reason

But some stuff is simply not available anywhere, like DBZ Kai.

Wariobenotware

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 2, 2020
Why even bother with Kai? The superior dub is the only advantage it has but it is the only advantage also why even watch DBZ dubbed anyway?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I was going to disagree, they've just announced A BUNCH of shows from other companies like they're really set on it becoming a well rounded anime service and not just their stuff. But yeah, what you list is strange.

OP
OP
mrmickfran

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I was going to disagree, they've just announced A BUNCH of shows from other companies like they're really set on it becoming a well rounded anime service and not just their stuff. But yeah, what you list is strange.
That was the main reason why I made the thread. Like now they have Viz stuff like Naruto and Hunter X Hunter but I would like them to complete their own anime first lol

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
It's funny because Animelab is basically the Australian version of Funi and I feel they have a much bigger selection than their parent company.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
There's some stuff they used to have on there that is just gone now too, like Cowboy Bebop. It's weird.
(Cowboy Bebop episodes show on the site but not the app, and they don't play. )

never

Oct 28, 2017
This seems crazy to me, I've been subscribed to this for over a year and I've been watching something on it almost every single day during that time. There's a ton of content! But I guess I come from a place of not really watching any shonen stuff.