• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Naoki-Ikushima-Bravely-Default-2-Octopath-Traveler-feature-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

I had my gripes with the original Bravely Default (never got the chance to play Bravely Second... sadface), but it was so damn charming and the soundtrack was amazing.

I understand that the demo was received with lots of criticism (don't own a Switch yet, so never got to play it myself)

But

Excuse me can we have an update?

Bravely-Default-II-Demo-Siliconera.jpg

I'm ready 4 Revo

#Ready4Revo

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After playing it (finally) last week, I had two thoughts. The first, why the hell was that so hard.

The second, I wonder when this is coming out. Only to google and find that everything says "2020" despite there not having been a peep from anyone about it in literal months.

I'm guessing it's been delayed at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
since we don't really make stupid jokes when someone posts a gaming thread in OT, i'll just remind you to vote

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
After playing it (finally) last week, I had two thoughts. The first, why the hell was that so hard.

The second, I wonder when this is coming out. Only to google and find that everything says "2020" despite there not having been a peep from anyone about it in literal months.

lol I remember playing the Bravely Default demo

I grinded for a pretty lengthy amount of time and I was still dying almost immediately when I reached the dungeon

idk why these devs think that's a good idea

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020

lol I remember playing the Bravely Default demo

I grinded for a pretty lengthy amount of time and I was still dying almost immediately when I reached the dungeon

idk why these devs think that's a good idea
I think the devs said that they made the Demo extremely hard on purpose. That the game wasn´t going to be that way.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I too wish game companies would appease to my demands for updates to games when I want them.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They said they were in the final stages of development at the end of June. The fact that we haven't had an update is because Nintendo has been reluctant to say anything until games are ready to release.

It could slip to 2021 but it could also easily be a December release.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
probably doing a bigger overhaul than what was originally planned

they definitely got a lot of flack over the graphics. personally, i thought it was fine given it's a switch game

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Covid is a really good explanation as to why both this game and the marketing for this game are delayed.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If it goes like their previous games, they'll take into account people's suggestion from the demo / official survey and rework some stuff.
Work from home certainly added a delay but yeah it'd be nice to know if it's coming this year or not.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Naoki-Ikushima-Bravely-Default-2-Octopath-Traveler-feature-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

I had my gripes with the original Bravely Default (never got the chance to play Bravely Second... sadface), but it was so damn charming and the soundtrack was amazing.

I understand that the demo was received with lots of criticism (don't own a Switch yet, so never got to play it myself)

But

Excuse me can we have an update?

Bravely-Default-II-Demo-Siliconera.jpg

I'm ready 4 Revo

#Ready4Revo

No, it's cancelled. No more Bravely Default. Only mobile games forever.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Rude is a light word,

Sega not releasing HD collections of VF is Infringing my human rights. I have the right to be happy, and Sega is making me unhappy. I will take them to the ECHR and then we will see who is right.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
You will get your update right after I get my update when Mario+ Rabbits 2 will be released.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they pay attention to some of the feedback, other than that the demo was really enjoyable and the music amazing.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's almost certainly not going to be a 2020 title any more (Square Enix is already publishing games in both mid-November and mid-December, leaving basically no room for another title) but I hope it will be an early 2021 title. I don't think anyone will be too devastated if we get it in January or February, given covid and all.

It is kind of weird that we haven't heard from it in so long, and that it's still officially a 2020 title. Hopefully that's rectified in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
There's too many people on this forum who would sincerely say they think Square/Nintendo are rude for the lack of updates that you can't fault anyone for thinking this thread wasn't a joke.
I end my OP with "I'm ready for Revo #Ready4Revo" for god's sake

that alone should be enough to be able to tell that it's a lighthearted post

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
It's almost certainly not going to be a 2020 title any more (Square Enix is already publishing games in both mid-November and mid-December, leaving basically no room for another title) but I hope it will be an early 2021 title. I don't think anyone will be too devastated if we get it in January or February, given covid and all.

It is kind of weird that we haven't heard from it in so long, and that it's still officially a 2020 title. Hopefully that's rectified in the next few weeks.
Nintendo is probably publishing it like the first one.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming they're listening to feedback, it's better they take whatever time they need before giving any update.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo published both Bravely games on 3DS in the west, and have published every Dragon Quest game that has been localized on Switch - even Dragon Quest Builders 2, the Switch PR was handled by Nintendo while PC/PS4 was Square themselves.

I know that. What does that have to do with what I said?

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's too many people on this forum who would sincerely say they think Square/Nintendo are rude for the lack of updates that you can't fault anyone for thinking this thread wasn't a joke.

I don't think rude would be the word they would use though. That tipped me off on it being a lighthearted jab.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It felt like it needed a lot of work so I hope they delay it and take their time. From the demo I felt the core of the game is good but it needed significant polish. I really want them to turn out something fantastic in the end.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
It could still be a December release to be dated in a Partner Direct in the next week or two. But yeah, it's my most anticipated upcoming game too. Loved the costume designs for the jobs -- much better than the first game's, IMO.

While I hope they take however much time is needed to make the game excellent, I also hope they make what they want to make, and aren't iterating too drastically based on certain loud fans' reactions. I much preferred the demo's individual command input style over the previous games' round-based input.

There were of course various issues in the feedback demo that should be addressed, but not many more than Octopath's feedback demo had, and it turned out wonderful.

Wait...

Where's that Octopath Traveler mobile game, too?

It's releasing imminently in Japan -- October 28th. No word on it releasing outside of Japan.