• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I know ISIS is bad and everything but at least now we don't have a left wing country in the middle east :^)

Fuck Turkey. Fuck Trump. Fuck spineless European leaders.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Given how Erdogan wanta to straight up delete the Kurds I can't fault them.

Assad is a fucking PoS, but if they "bend the knee" they'll live.

Fuck Trump for being such a fucking bitch boy to Putin.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So basically in the end thousands of lives lost and millions more ruined/forever altered and there isnt even a change in the future of syria

May 21, 2018
The executive branch needs to be divided up like how they divy up corporations that get too big. No one person should have so much power to ruin the country's interests. I feel like things would be much better if there was no president and each department secretary was elected by the people on election day. Each department secretary would be the head of only their section of the federal government.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember coming across a reddit comment on the history of Kurd - US betrayals.

1. HW bush used them against Saddam and then let Saddam massacre them.
2. Trump

I thought there were like 1-2 more instances.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is most certainly stupid.

Well, yes. However, Trump does have a personal incentive to hand everything over to Syria/Russia. $$$$$$

This was undoubtedly a calculated move to appease Russia by Trump. Not saying it was intelligent, but it was driven by money.

Getting the US Troops to safety is a 100% bullshit cover, that nobody including the troops themselves are buying.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
I bet Assad cannot believe his luck. He has Russia behind him to ward off Turkey from threatening his forces and now that only the Syrian government forces can actually protect the Kurds he has stripped them of any leverage they could have had in an (altogether unlikely) negotation for autonomy.

Few could have predicted the extent to which the war has ended up in his favour.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
I bet Assad cannot believe his luck. He has Russia behind him to ward off Turkey from threatening his forces and now that only the Syrian government forces can actually protect the Kurds he has stripped them of any leverage they could have had in an (altogether unlikely) negotation for autonomy.

Few could have predicted the extent to which the war has ended up in his favour.
Yes, Assad really is the surprise winner.

Polaroid_64

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that your Trump supporting friends and family are traitors as well as racists.

Hope you have a good Thanksgiving this year. Be nice to them because they are good people and all that bullshit.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

He's still very reliant on Russia though. Turkey has seemingly become very expansionistic and the Syrian army is super weak. There could be a time shortly when Assad wishes he had the Kurds as a buffer with Turkey.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
The fact Americans let Trump ruin their influence for so long speaks volumes about the country. The man could murder on live television and no one would bat an eye. In fact, he just did so with Syria. Trump is the most dangerous president and nothing is being done about it. When you ask someone if he or she had a time machine, would he try to stop Hitler? The answer is almost always "yes." There you have a real dictator (or at least, trying to be) with deep foreign "deals" (i.e. corruption) willingly sacrificing US' hegemony for his own personal gains. US even has detention centres with kids in cages. Who are the vilains now?

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
He's still very reliant on Russia though. Turkey has seemingly become very expansionistic and the Syrian army is super weak. There could be a time shortly when Assad wishes he had the Kurds as a buffer with Turkey.

I don't think Turkey is actually trying to annex the land, just end kurdish control of the territory. The Syrian army is now back there for the first time really and what's more the Kurds basically invited them. I would think the area will likely be a disputed area for some years to come but Turkey will be happier if it is under Assad''s control not the Kurds

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck... as bad as the Assad regime is how could anything be worse than ISIS? Maybe just actual Nazis (as opposed to the modern ones), or Pol Pot?
Maybe I'm just falling for "Assad's PR agency" though...

Assad (and his family) has been involved in many many atrocities, including murdering journalists, politicians, innocent people (in Syria and Lebanon) and using chemical weapons multiple times on his own civilians. ISIS is bad, but I'd say Assad is maybe tied with them in.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
Assad (and his family) has been involved in many many atrocities, including murdering journalists, politicians, innocent people (in Syria and Lebanon) and using chemical weapons multiple times on his own civilians. ISIS is bad, but I'd say Assad is maybe tied with them in.
Thanks I'm aware of what Assad has done. If ISIS had the power and resources of Assad they would probably have killed millions.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
US aligning itself more and more with Turkey on the whole thing. According to Turkish sources the YPG has been given 120 hours to withdraw (which for all intents and purposes might as well be considered a surrender) with the US intending on taking back the heavy weapons they gave to the YPG while also destroying the fortifications.