• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I think so? Last I knew she helped out with improving the resurrection protocols. She has to be involved in the conflict with the Eternals sooner or later. If they handwave Chthon being tied to her soul (if she dies, Chthon will come back and potentially on Earth) and having the powers of the Darkhold, I will be disappointed.

Yeah that one directly contradicts Trial of Magneto so who knows what's happening here

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
this Gillen / Ewing era seems better than the actual Hickman era

giphy.gif
Possibly.....Hickman's spent too much time going nowhere, despite lots of important plots that were seeded. Both Immortal and Red are surely going somewhere, even if not where originally intended.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Yeah that one directly contradicts Trial of Magneto so who knows what's happening here

Well the one "out" the writers can have is that Chthon is tied to her soul, so perhaps in death, she still lives via her soul since she is still able to resurrect herself as of right now? I dunno, Scarlet in the comics is messy and convoluted. So while her physical body may have died in Trial of Magneto, her soul could perhaps still have been intact, thus having Chthon still tied to her soul. In any case, I hope she gets some time to partake in Eternals storylines unless Marvel purposely wants to keep her away due to her newfound powers.

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
So I assume all of the civilians will over the course of the series be turned into members of the HEX. Does the soul used to bring an eternal back have any influence on the reborn Eternal?

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
So I assume all of the civilians will over the course of the series be turned into members of the HEX. Does the soul used to bring an eternal back have any influence on the reborn Eternal?

I think it's just used like a battery for the eternal resurrection. No influence shown yet.

Hoping the mutants get to expose this part of the eternal machine to the public by the end of this event. "Our resurrection doesn't kill innocent people."

nitekrawler

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's just used like a battery for the eternal resurrection. No influence shown yet.

Hoping the mutants get to expose this part of the eternal machine to the public by the end of this event. "Our resurrection doesn't kill innocent people."

Yeah. I bet humans aren't gonna be too happy about that revelation.

Creating a new society without colonizing anything or anyone has always been one of the greatest strengths of the Krakoan Era in my mind.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Doesn't appear that way, no.

Remember, the Eternals are "programmed" to act the way they do and can't really change their natures.

I still think this is a redo of "young gods" somehow, though the one guy dying throws a wrench in it somewhat.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
It's both.

The Celestials used to be terrifying because they were absolutely silent and nobody had any idea what the criteria for Judgment was. They would arrive to complete utopias, give it a thumbs down and wipe it out.
It's only both in the sense that it's passing judgment on the collective based on the hearts of the individuals within it. It was pretty explicit. The world being a paradise or a shit heap is immaterial.

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Happy to see Exodus continuing to get the spotlight. The past 3-4 years of Exodus have been better than his previous decades of stories.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Well, Cap and Sinister should cancel each other out on Judgement's scales at least.

And now maybe we should all hope that Apocalypse DOESN'T ride to the rescue in the next 24 hours lol

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Well, Cap and Sinister should cancel each other out on Judgement's scales at least.

And now maybe we should all hope that Apocalypse DOESN'T ride to the rescue in the next 24 hours lol

Weird thought- Sinister is the only one there who is well aware Judgement Day was coming *and* how to survive it multiple times. He also was a key part in building that Celestial, and uh...the stuff he did while single handedly hijacking the Dreaming Celestial a while back was just bonkers. I'd be more worried about Cap surviving than Essex, if you really wanted to twist my arm.

I dunno- I thought X of swords was a pretty good redemption arc for En Sabah Nur, all things considered. From a "balancing the scales" perspective he's saved far more mutants than he's killed because of that.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Weird thought- Sinister is the only one there who is well aware Judgement Day was coming *and* how to survive it multiple times. He also was a key part in building that Celestial, and uh...the stuff he did while single handedly hijacking the Dreaming Celestial a while back was just bonkers. I'd be more worried about Cap surviving than Essex, if you really wanted to twist my arm.

I dunno- I thought X of swords was a pretty good redemption arc for En Sabah Nur, all things considered. From a "balancing the scales" perspective he's saved far more mutants than he's killed because of that.

True on Nur. And saving Pogg Ur-Pogg counts double

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Happy to see Exodus continuing to get the spotlight. The past 3-4 years of Exodus have been better than his previous decades of stories.
Enjoyed him stating his "love" for the original Black Knight. The Krakoan X-Office has been outing mutants at a record pace (finally) and I sort of wonder if Exodus is up next.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed him stating his "love" for the original Black Knight. The Krakoan X-Office has been outing mutants at a record pace (finally) and I sort of wonder if Exodus is up next.
I hadn't even noticed it before you pointed it out and thought "yeah, that's just the archetypical friendship some pairs of knights have in these stories".

the archetypical friendship some pairs of knights have in these stories 😏

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I hadn't even noticed it before you pointed it out and thought "yeah, that's just the archetypical friendship some pairs of knights have in these stories".

the archetypical friendship some pairs of knights have in these stories 😏
Sometimes they sneak it in. Like when Hickman had Sebastian Shaw just casually throw out his bisexuality.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Juggernaut and Black Tom, Wolfsbane, and Pyro are probably higher up that list, but Exodus is probably up there.
I'm definitely here for all those (plus Dani, Yana, Beto... maybe all the New Mutants, lol). I need Terry to refer to Cain as also being her parental figure some day. Also, they still need to make it official official with Storm. Like I know there are pretty explicit moments with Yukio, Callisto and that-random-girl-in-bar but some people will still deny it until she literally proclaims her sexuality out loud in their face.

I think Pyro got a little waylaid though, I can only assume no one informed Duggan he's supposed to be a middle aged homosexual. He was just weird in Marauders.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Juggernaut and Black Tom, Wolfsbane, and Pyro are probably higher up that list, but Exodus is probably up there.

Jugs and Black Tom i can see.

Doesn't wolfsbane have a running plotline about a missing child from a husband or something?

There are two pyros, believe it or not. Pyro II, Simon Lasker (the one that was NOT on marauders and WAS in Xmen Gold) is LGBT and had a one night stand with Iceman because of course he did

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't wolfsbane have a running plotline about a missing child from a husband or something?
Rahne had a kid with an asgardian wolf prince and had an inappropriate relationship with Elixir when she was a teacher at Xavier's.

I'm definitely here for all those (plus Dani, Yana, Beto... maybe all the New Mutants, lol).

I would have said Magik was asexual were it not for the one page in Hickman's New Mutants where she asks a team of Shi'ar assassins if they want to make out with her.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I always felt like Magik was low key hyper pansexual she just didn't bring it up to the team in case they told her brother.

Kitty probably had seen her search history a few times and was like "goddamn you're a freak, this is crazy, like explain a few of these things for me just out of curiosity…"

Like if anyone in Westchester is googling those rope BDSM machine orgies on PH it's Illyana.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Rahne had a kid with an asgardian wolf prince and had an inappropriate relationship with Elixir when she was a teacher at Xavier's.

I would have said Magik was asexual were it not for the one page in Hickman's New Mutants where she asks a team of Shi'ar assassins if they want to make out with her.

There is also this for Magik:

1hfhq9wl2lr81.png

pqdr4kqq49i51.jpg

In the OG New Mutants run she was pretty flirty as well to Roberto, Sam and others

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

Wolfsbane's had a lot of strange plotlines involving relationships with men, from the wolf god baby to her stalking Havok in X-Factor to her losing her teaching position at the Xavier Institute after she had sex with a student. The thing with Rahne is that the entire metaphor behind her werewolf power in context of her backstory is that she rejects her true self because of religious indoctrination, so if she likely isn't even out to herself.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Wolfsbane's had a lot of strange plotlines involving relationships with men, from the wolf god baby to her stalking Havok in X-Factor to her losing her teaching position at the Xavier Institute after she had sex with a student. The thing with Rahne is that the entire metaphor behind her werewolf power in context of her backstory is that she rejects her true self because of religious indoctrination, so if she likely isn't even out to herself.
Yeah they've really saddled Rahne with a lot of unfortunate storylines in the past.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I always felt like Magik was low key hyper pansexual she just didn't bring it up to the team in case they told her brother.

Kitty probably had seen her search history a few times and was like "goddamn you're a freak, this is crazy, like explain a few of these things for me just out of curiosity…"

Like if anyone in Westchester is googling those rope BDSM machine orgies on PH it's Illyana.
Aromantic
Very Pansexual
Apocalyptically Kinky

Would be my read