• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
A little off topic but did anyone read xmen 93 relaunch? they just skipped right to Krakoa huh?
I read it, it's bad. The story is complete nonsense because the Jubilee thing. The first issue is the last for me, I can already predict the ending, Krakoa is destroyed, Jubilee dies and because she has used up her Moira powers she is reborn a final time without knowledge of her previous lifes into the regular 616.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally read House/Powers and loved it. I want to read the rest of the reboot series. Marvel Unlimited is definitely the best route, but does it make it easy to read things in the "correct" reading order through the rest of Dawn of X, or do I need to manually navigate through each of the series? Is it even that important to read things in order that much beyond the few funneling point series each year?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Has it ever been addressed or questioned what would happen if Rogue or someone with power mimicking capabilities stole and used Moira's powers?

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022
I finally read House/Powers and loved it. I want to read the rest of the reboot series. Marvel Unlimited is definitely the best route, but does it make it easy to read things in the "correct" reading order through the rest of Dawn of X, or do I need to manually navigate through each of the series? Is it even that important to read things in order that much beyond the few funneling point series each year?
A guy posted a suggested reading guide a few pages ago, it was quite good.

I would say that, besides X of Swords and the hellfire gala red issues, you can just read the Hickmann X-Men series and Inferno (and maybe the Gerry Duggen X-Men). I kinda enjoy X-Force, Wolverine and the Apocalypse stuff in Excalibur, but they are not really good. After finishing Inferno, you can read X Deaths of Wolverine (and maybe X Lives, but it is mostly a X-Force/ Wolverine story)

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Has it ever been addressed or questioned what would happen if Rogue or someone with power mimicking capabilities stole and used Moira's powers?

Not yet that I'm aware of but I'd keep an eye on Immortal X-men going forward. I won't say more than that for fear of spoiling things.

Oct 25, 2017
A guy posted a suggested reading guide a few pages ago, it was quite good.

I would say that, besides X of Swords and the hellfire gala red issues, you can just read the Hickmann X-Men series and Inferno (and maybe the Gerry Duggen X-Men). I kinda enjoy X-Force, Wolverine and the Apocalypse stuff in Excalibur, but they are not really good. After finishing Inferno, you can read X Deaths of Wolverine (and maybe X Lives, but it is mostly a X-Force/ Wolverine story)

Welp, looks like the Desktop site for Marvel Unlimited simply doesn't even work for me? I can't even get to the MU homepage after subscribing, so reading order is moot. Trying to search through the regular Marvel site is not remotely feasible for reading any entire series in order.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Start with Hickman's X-Men #1, at the end of each Dawn of X issue is a reading/release order, you can follow that. I'd give every series a shot but free to skip series you don't enjoy (a few issues are marked red, those are plot relevant and should be read no matter what).
Personally I liked Marauders and Hellions the best.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This Magik art by Suspiria Vilchez is GORGEOUS. excelsiorlef

547n3t1yjmt81.jpg

Incredible

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
I did it and bought Immortal X-Men from stupid amazon. It was really good, the reveal at the end … wow.

Oct 25, 2017
The Desktop browser version of Marvel Unlimited is atrocious, but I love it on my phone and tablet. I've liked most of the series I've started so far after HoX/PoX (Marauders, Excalibur, X-Force), still not quite into Hellions, and I don't really know what to make of the main X-men series. That's seemingly all a bunch of standalone stories, some of which are amazing (the Davos or Crucible ones), and a bunch of ones I don't care about at all (ones regarding aliens). Definitely getting my money's worth on the sub. It is like 300 issues from HoX to present on the various lines?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It's over. Just picked up the Inferno hardcover. Going to get through the Omnibus and then Inferno. And maybe a full re-read some time down the line. END OF AN ERA!

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I don't understand the timeline shown in Doug's scenes in Inferno #3. Is there a typo? Is Hickman drunk? Or is the entire period from HoX #1 to Inferno #1 meant to be two months in Hickman's head? Like what the heck is this? 🤣

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the timeline shown in Doug's scenes in Inferno #3. Is there a typo? Is Hickman drunk? Or is the entire period from HoX #1 to Inferno #1 meant to be two months in Hickman's head? Like what the heck is this? 🤣
Welcome to Marvel's sliding timescale. At least it explains why the rest of the world is so thrown off by them showing up and immediately throwing a gala where they terraform Mars.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise Knights of X is a mini. Do we know what's happening after that?

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten through all of X of Swords. Here are my tiers so far in the different series so far:

Will intently read the rest of the series
- X-Men
- X-Force
- Excalibur
- Marauders

Will read casually, bit-by-bit:
- Hellions
- Wolverine
- Cable

Mixed feelings:
- New Mutants
- X-Corps
- Way of X

I don't know what I'm reading:
- Fallen Angels
- X-Factor

When it is good, it is great, but there's so many different genres, art styles, and writing styles that I'm still trying to feel out what I like. I'm definitely getting my money's worth with Marvel Unlimited. Hawk Guy and the well-received Daredevil runs are also in my rotation of digging through.

I don't know shit about how budgeting works for comic books, but the main X-men line feels outrageously expensive compared to everything else. Wolverine and X-Force feel the second most expensive, followed by Excalibur.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I've gotten through all of X of Swords. Here are my tiers so far in the different series so far:

Will intently read the rest of the series
- X-Men
- X-Force
- Excalibur
- Marauders

Will read casually, bit-by-bit:
- Hellions
- Wolverine
- Cable

Mixed feelings:
- New Mutants
- X-Corps
- Way of X

I don't know what I'm reading:
- Fallen Angels
- X-Factor

When it is good, it is great, but there's so many different genres, art styles, and writing styles that I'm still trying to feel out what I like. I'm definitely getting my money's worth with Marvel Unlimited. Hawk Guy and the well-received Daredevil runs are also in my rotation of digging through.

I don't know shit about how budgeting works for comic books, but the main X-men line feels outrageously expensive compared to everything else. Wolverine and X-Force feel the second most expensive, followed by Excalibur.
X-Factor is a treasure and its a tragedy that it was canceled.

Oct 25, 2017
X-Factor is a treasure and its a tragedy that it was canceled.

I just really don't get it. The topic seems like it would be a serious investigation, but the art style and tone are so relaxed and casual compared to the rest of the series so far.

I'll keep reading it if people insist it has something there. It isn't like Fallen Angels where I have to dig to find the people that really like it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I just really don't get it. The topic seems like it would be a serious investigation, but the art style and tone are so relaxed and casual compared to the rest of the series so far.

I'll keep reading it if people insist it has something there. It isn't like Fallen Angels where I have to dig to find the people that really like it.
It's casual because they are immortal now. It's not a matter of if, rather than when a mutant comes back.

The point is more about the character interactions.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The Free Comic Book day issue promoting Judgment Day came out. It's pretty minimal. But the last page is a shocker.

Moira appears to be like an Omega Sentinel now. She apprehends Mary Jane Watson-who has a Hellfire Gala invite-and insinuates that she will take over MJs body to infiltrate Krakoa. There is also a premonition of the Avengers and X-Men fighting "doing it right this time" where there are some brutal kills. Magneto wraps Cap's shield around his head and crushes it. Carol snaps Rogue's neck.
moira-xx.jpg

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So thing with Destiny at the end of Immortal X-Men #2, is that hinting at something I should be aware of?

Oh and I think I must've missed an issue of something, but since when is this Mutant Afterlife that Wanda made a thing?

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
So thing with Destiny at the end of Immortal X-Men #2, is that hinting at something I should be aware of?

Oh and I think I must've missed an issue of something, but since when is this Mutant Afterlife that Wanda made a thing?

So far I believe the Destiny thing only connects to the flashback that opened Immortal #1?

Wanda made the "waiting room" as part of the conclusion to The Trial of Magneto (which turned out to be more like The Crucible of the Scarlet Witch, lol)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was subscribed to singles for Hickman X-Men through the first volume's issue #8 (flagship "X-Men" series, with Apocalypse on the cover), and through both House of X and Powers of X in their entirety up to that point.

I also pulled Marauders up to the same stopping point.

Loved it, but that's about where my local COVID lockdowns started and my local comic shop was inaccessible for several months (due to literally being closed for months). I had them stop my pulls and I kinda never looked back, regrettably.

With this new hardcover Omnibus out, do I catch up to the new restarted volume in one fell swoop?

I don't mind my Marvel Unlimited sub but I'm kind of wanting to catch up on collected editions of this run as fast as possible, just not quite sure what the fastest and most essential way would be. Hoping this omnibus is a one-stop-shop up to the volume reset (and Hickman's departure).

edit: ... hunted down product info like I should've in the first place and nope, not even close to catching up with the omnibus lol. Oh well. I'll see what else I need to collect to get there.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Regarding Limbo. Am I the only one who thought N'astirh was way more scary and leader of demons looking the S'my. Who's name always makes me think of Captain Hook's first mate from Peter Pan?