• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
So... at this point we're kinda just picking up the Vulcan threads right? Nothing else has really happened in the past year? After what happened below?

X-Men Architect Reveals Plot Hole Destroyed Plans for Cyclops' Brother (screenrant.com)

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Right. Al Ewing said that he'd apparently already figured out a way to tie this into what he's writing for X-Men Red.

I have to assume it may not be exactly the same idea as what Hickman was initially going to do, but I like loose plot threads being resolved.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men Red was great. I love that Al Ewing has highlighted certain characters over all his books over the years. Roberto is back in the spotlight!

DivineBlade

Jun 26, 2021
I have recently fill in love in X-Men. They've been a blind spot for me in comics for so long, decided to give HoXPoX a go on a whim a few months ago and have been doing nothing but reading X-Men comics since then. They just became my favorite superhero thingy and I can't get enough of them.

Read plenty of Claremont stuff, the entire Grant Morrison run and Wheadon's Astonishing. All fantastic stuff. Read lots of Ultimate X-Men too and my hottest take is that it starts as a ridiculously fun pulpy take on the mythos. Although it gets really bad towards the end.

Enjoying the current era a lot too, although I feel it never delivered fully on the HoXPoX promises. It tends to meander a lot and I think there are way too many books for its own good, but the good stuff is REALLY good. I was worried about Hickman's departure but both Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red started incredibly strong and I'm really excited for what's next.

Anyway, hit me up with any recommendations you might have for X-Men stories that are not considered essential but you still love. Right now I'm reading X-Factor (2020) and I really dig it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I have recently fill in love in X-Men. They've been a blind spot for me in comics for so long, decided to give HoXPoX a go on a whim a few months ago and have been doing nothing but reading X-Men comics since then. They just became my favorite superhero thingy and I can't get enough of them.

Read plenty of Claremont stuff, the entire Grant Morrison run and Wheadon's Astonishing. All fantastic stuff. Read lots of Ultimate X-Men too and my hottest take is that it starts as a ridiculously fun pulpy take on the mythos. Although it gets really bad towards the end.

Enjoying the current era a lot too, although I feel it never delivered fully on the HoXPoX promises. It tends to meander a lot and I think there are way too many books for its own good, but the good stuff is REALLY good. I was worried about Hickman's departure but both Immortal X-Men and X-Men Red started incredibly strong and I'm really excited for what's next.

Anyway, hit me up with any recommendations you might have for X-Men stories that are not considered essential but you still love. Right now I'm reading X-Factor (2020) and I really dig it.
The San Francisco/Utopia era of X-Men is really good.

So is New X-Men Academy X stuff.

Also Yost/Klye X-Force is amazing both in Story and Art.

Swierczynski run on Cable leading into Messiah War and Messiah Complex is good and will tell you everything you need to know about Hope.

Curse of the Mutants is a great X-Men v Vampires story.

SWORD mini series is a good look into Brand and Beasts relationship.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Oct 25, 2017

I have a terrible time recalling specific runs so the only thing I can recommend is the Mr and Mrs X if you like Rogue and Gambit at all.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017

Remender's Uncanny X-Force is really good.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that Necrosha wasn't well liked. I thought it was fine, just nowhere near the heights of events like Second Coming, Messiah Complex

Feb 16, 2022
Necrosha felt like the "we gotta do a zombie themed event" event, like Chaos War the year after that IIRC.

I forgot when Beast started being so annoying. Utopia? He was fine during Aaron's Wolverine & the X-Men. Last time he was truly fine was probably Whedon's Astonishing.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The majority of April's X titles have been pushed to May. I wonder if this will affect all the AXE stuff - haven't seen ship dates pushed for any of that yet.

Giant-Sized X-Men: Thunderbird
Immortal X-Men #2
Legion of X #1
Marauders #2
New Mutants #25
X-Cellent #3
X-Men: Red #2

... all in May now.

still Covid or something else happen?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why in the world would you make an X-Men '92 mini and not use an art style based on either the comics or cartoon of the era?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Wolvie, Jubes, Dazzler and Boom Boom

I am always here for more Boom Boom.

The Destiny of X lineup is already massive (9 ongoings), so I had a brief palpitation when I saw this. Thankfully it's a limited series, but I'm sad that this leaves Leah Williams without an ongoing.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel Unlimited just put up all the Lives and Deaths of Wolverine issues. With the last Inferno issue posting Monday, I guess they want MU readers like me to catch up and start buying physical.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
I thought X Lives and X Deaths of Wolverine wasn't all that great in the long run...that said, I am feeling quite positive about the recent Destiny of X titles, especially after Immortal and Red. I'm even looking forward to the whole AXE thing now.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Miles's new suit for Hellfire Gala is SOOOOOOOO sick:

FQVKd2KXMAc0thj

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Give me a Hellfire Gala one shot that's just Wasp and Jumbo Carnation getting progressively more drunk while complimenting and roasting each other's designs.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I need Hellfire Gala issues every year from here on out. Can have it coincide with the MET Gala as well.
Also, that She Hulk design is too basic. I feel that Jenny would definitely go for something much more glamorous. That Spidey suit is dope, bummer that it's Peter and not Miles, but I guess it makes sense if this is a 21+ event. Don't think there were any kids in the first one

Caspel

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Chances of Bastion ever coming back during the Orchis rise and, if so, how would his presence affect the hierarchy with Omega Sentinel and Nimrod?

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Krakoa-era/ Hickman run newbie here:
I used to be a big fan of the X-men during the 90s and various stories/ runs after that and wanted to get back into the swing of things after hearing that Hickman's run is pretty great.

Last weekend I finally got around to read House of X/ Powers of X and just started the first volume of Dawn of X.
HoX/PoX was freaking amazing some of the best X-Men stuff I have read period IMO. Does the Dawn of X run maintain that quality?

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Krakoa-era/ Hickman run newbie here:
I used to be a big fan of the X-men during the 90s and various stories/ runs after that and wanted to get back into the swing of things after hearing that Hickman's run is pretty great.

Last weekend I finally got around to read House of X/ Powers of X and just started the first volume of Dawn of X.
HoX/PoX was freaking amazing some of the best X-Men stuff I have read period IMO. Does the Dawn of X run maintain that quality?
It has some really high highs. Basically anything Hickman writes is great. X of Swords is great. The Hellfire Gala is great. Inferno is great.

But it's hard to top the start of it. But all the series have their own identity so you can follow them and find your favorites. Hellions is basically everyone's favorite.