• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
The actual panel is right there. If you for a second thought I was being literal about a kids comic having straight nipple burn fetish in it, I don't know what to tell you.

The whole opening post is you trying to cast this in the silliest light possible. I've seen this in countless ST threads. I can only comment on how it repeatedly comes across.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The Knights of Ren being a weird lightsaber cargo cult is exactly as lame as their backstory deserves to be

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The whole opening post is you trying to cast this in the silliest light possible. I've seen this in countless ST threads. I can only comment on how it repeatedly comes across.

It's fucking hilarious and I will treat it as I please, thank you. The actual panel is there so everyone can make their own minds.

Thwomp

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
wasnt there some 1 second flashback in TFA where theyre standing in the rain with kylo ren?

what was that about?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The Rise of Kylo Ren #1.

Which also gave us Snoke in a newsboy cap.
78855158_2484207595153701_8303846118029122175_n.jpg

And the amazing retcon that Kylo didn't actually kill the kids in the temple, a lightning storm conveniently set the temple on fire the night he turned.

That comic is one for the ages

Amazing how this shit can actually get worse lol

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
People need to be reminded that the EU had the musical genre known as Jizz, and the Suncrusher which was a goofy Jetsons-esque ship that could blow through black holes or some shit, so the depths are quite vast.

with that said, the new canon really shouldn't be trying to get within spitting distance of the EU's stupidity, but here we are
I'm pretty sure jizz and jizz-wailers are still canon.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
this is literally all JJ's fault.

no backstory having ass. fuck a plan looking motherfucker

I recant my previous sentiments on TLJ. Rian, forgive me, king.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
It's fucking hilarious and I will treat it as I please, thank you. The actual panel is there so everyone can make their own minds.

I am deciding for myself. And when stuff regarding Disney Star Wars continually gets posted out of context and framed as sillier then they are when their existence is actually reasonable or similar to things that people accept as perfectly normal in other stories, what am I supposed to think?

What about Zasz from Batman? Or Joker from The Dark Knight? All characters who did or are hinted to have inflicted self harm on themselves because of their obsessions. What makes this so over the top in Star Wars if all things?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth I don't think this is too bad, the Knights of Ren are badly utilized and don't show any unique traits in the movies but that's hardly the comics writer's fault. They're basically doing the movie team's jobs for them at this point.

If they wanted to be accurate to the movies, this comic would just be about a bunch of dudes standing around waiting to take orders and... that's it.

Of course they could have just not done anything with them at all because I think everyone lost interest in the Knights of Ren months ago but hey, if they gotta do something to appease the Disney overlords, at least they made it interesting/ridiculous.

I feel for whatever writer has to explain away the dude and his inexplicable dagger, though.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
People need to be reminded that the EU had the musical genre known as Jizz, and the Suncrusher which was a goofy Jetsons-esque ship that could blow through black holes or some shit, so the depths are quite vast.

with that said, the new canon really shouldn't be trying to get within spitting distance of the EU's stupidity, but here we are

Sun crusher and starkiller base are roughly the same levels of stupid.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
this is literally all JJ's fault.

no backstory having ass. fuck a plan looking motherfucker

I recant my previous sentiments on TLJ. Rian, forgive me, king.

Funnily enough, when Rian was asked why he didn't use the Knights of Ren, he said that it was because he had nothing on them, no info, no notes, nothing. So at one point he considered having them be the ones guarding Snoke and the ones massacred by Rey and Ren, he decided not to because he thought that it would be disappointing, so he didn't use them, probably expecting JJ or Colin to actually do shit with them

NGL, part of my excitement of TFA was hearing that Kylo Ren was part of a group of other force users and such. I was excited to see force users outside of the Jedi and Sith and their own force culture. Then we got nothing.. other than this.

Also funny, how they sometimes call Kylo Ren just "Ren" in the new movie, like don't they know (and JJ) that Kylo is his name, and Ren is his surname?

This is me.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
NGL, part of my excitement of TFA was hearing that Kylo Ren was part of a group of other force users and such. I was excited to see force users outside of the Jedi and Sith and their own force culture. Then we got nothing.. other than this.

Also funny, how they sometimes call Kylo Ren just "Ren" in the new movie, like don't they know (and JJ) that Kylo is his name, and Ren is his surname?

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
He's not literally calling his lightsaber the Ren, so much as using it to burn himself as a symbol of their philosophy. His name is Ren, too. Kylo Ren does not mean Kylo Lightsaber.

Nobody's going to read this post though

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The dude unironically says he dedicated his life to learning the ways of the blade. What a world we live in.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They were actually jobbers, they served no purpose at all.

They don't even deserve a backstory.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every single thread here sarcastically summarizing any comic story is fucking awful.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
Even the writing is awful. « It's, like, a requirement. »

It's Star Wars FFS. People don't talk like that.