• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
ErCOArTVQAEkBWC

SNK has postponed the reveal trailer for The King of Fighters XV originally scheduled for today at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET, as well as the announcement of the newest Samurai Shodown Season Pass 3 characters. A new date was not announced.

"Today's announcement of The King of Fighters XV and Samurai Shodown's Season Pass 3 which was originally scheduled for (Jan. 6th) 6:00 p.m. PST has been postponed," SNK said in a tweet. "We sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the announcements. We will inform our fans as soon as the new date and time has been confirmed, and appreciate your kind understanding."

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/the-king-of-fighters-xv-reveal-trailer-postponed

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They announced this thing a fucking month ago how do you delay it the day of I'm literally speechless

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
Why delay both? Like, okay KOF XV isn't ready but I have to imagine they know who is in the Samurai Shodown season pass...

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck off. How do you announce this shit the day of the reveal?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're putting the Saudi prince himself into the game and making him S Tier, pls excuse the delay

Karsha

May 1, 2020
10 hours before the event really? Has this ever happened, a cancelation so late ? Damn, im so salty right now, that game doesn't exist

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I can only guess, at this point, that this has to do with Japan's incoming State of Emergency?

Still sucks, either way.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna guess the last minuteness of this is related to Japan's incoming State of Emergency situation.

It would explain why it's happening the day of.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine they would announce these reveals so close to the actual date and not be ready to show them off. They must've had some technical difficulties, or someone who was supposed to be there for the video was unable to make it for unforeseen reasons.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know companies don't owe us anything etc. but I legit want them to explain wtf happened here

I can only guess, at this point, that this has to do with Japan's incoming State of Emergency?

Still sucks, either way.

Idk if it's Covid related. They were hyping it up on twitter literally a few hours ago.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Lol.
It's still not as funny as SE setting up hype for an FFXV announcement event where they instead used it as a way to tell fans they were scrapping everything and Tabata had left lmao.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only way this makes sense to me is if they were gonna do a whole livestream thing instead of just releasing a pre-recorded video. SNK do like their livestreams. Sucks.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Gonna guess the last minuteness of this is related to Japan's incoming State of Emergency situation.

It would explain why it's happening the day of.
That makes sense now that I think about it. Damn terrible timing if true. Hopefully they can do a quick pre-recorded thing then have the reveal be sometime next week or something.