• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
It's time for Jhun Hoon's hiatus to be over

jhun-hoon-kof99-kof-allstar-art.png

Bring back May Lee too and have them team up with someone else who can style change as well
maylee-kofm-art.png

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing what characters make it into the roster thanks to the story set up at the end of XIV.

Pretty much anyone is fair game to show up (from any game, dead or alive, any time in history, even non-SNK).

Team Last Blade, Team Tekken, Team Fighting EX Layer, Team DOA let's go.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Now that you mention that, I kind of wish they just went back to the original concept of this being an all star SNK game. Add Samurai Shodown, Last Blade and World Heroes characters (there was already Nakoruru in XIV even). Throw in a Metal Slug character too.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Adelheid has been in the story mode only for like 2 games now. Make him playable again dammit.

Yes, please. Poor guy was supposed to be "The Other Hero of the Ash saga", and wasn't even playable in its final chapter.

It's time for Jhun Hoon's hiatus to be over

jhun-hoon-kof99-kof-allstar-art.png

And yes, please, AGAIN. Dude was like the most popular member of Kim's team for several years...and then he got dropped because Eolith wanted to try and have May Lee be poised as a "Korean Athena".

I love the Kamen Rider girl, too, but there was NO WAY she was going to be what they wanted her to be, and we lost out on Jhun for no good reason.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to seeing what characters make it into the roster thanks to the story set up at the end of XIV.

Pretty much anyone is fair game to show up (from any game, dead or alive, any time in history, even non-SNK).

Team Last Blade, Team Tekken, Team Fighting EX Layer, Team DOA let's go.
I'd hate to be part of the group of folks over at SNK who pick who gets in and with XIV's end there's even MORE options, on top of whoever new they wanna introduce. Like there's so many godamn options.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Mian and Najd were the two best new characters in KOF14 so I hope they bring both back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd hate to be part of the group of folks over at SNK who pick who gets in and with XIV's end there's even MORE options, on top of whoever new they wanna introduce. Like there's so many godamn options.

Yeah it must be insanely hard to choose. KOF has so many good characters under its belt that it's literally impossible to get them all in, and that's not even including the staple characters/teams who haven't missed a game.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And yes, please, AGAIN. Dude was like the most popular member of Kim's team for several years...and then he got dropped because Eolith wanted to try and have May Lee be poised as a "Korean Athena".

I love the Kamen Rider girl, too, but there was NO WAY she was going to be what they wanted her to be, and we lost out on Jhun for no good reason.

On the plus side May Lee is awesome and has her own fighting style that plays nothing like Jhun.

There is no reason for them both not to return.

And let's be honest, there is no reason for Choi/Chang (or Gang Il) to ever make it into a roster over Jhun/May Lee.

Now that you mention that, I kind of wish they just went back to the original concept of this being an all star SNK game. Add Samurai Shodown, Last Blade and World Heroes characters (there was already Nakoruru in XIV even). Throw in a Metal Slug character too.

Yeah KOF kinda became its own thing over time with a huge arsenal of its own original (very popular) characters.

NGBC felt like a counter to that. Its roster was so fresh.

The number of great characters they can choose from is insane.

At least there's DLC now and they aren't locked in post launch like in the old days.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
If we're going to get characters that were killed off I'm just going to hope it's one of those really far-fetched leak lists where tons of formerly dead characters are just thrown back into the mix and all scrambling over each other for power. There's so many characters in KOF now though and with KOF14's dozen+ newcomers I don't think any roster would be a safe bet at this point.

Wishlist stuff

New Face Team (Chris, Yashiro, Shermie)
USA Sports Team (Brian Battler, Heavy D, Lucky Glauber)
Nameless from KOF2002UM
Bao
Goenitz
Takuma but preferably Mr. Karate in appearance or gameplay
Sylvie Paula Paula to not get cut
Gai Tendo

Things I actually expect
New Face Team comes back
Chizuru is back
Heidern promoted to base game
Ash and Elisabeth come back, Ash's significance in the story is disproportionately bigger than Shun'ei's
"Another World" Team is expanded upon minus Love Heart, maybe another Samsho guest?
Sylvie is cut and the NESTS team is something bizarre like Zero/Krizalid/Angel

It's hard!! There's a lot of KOFXIV newcomers I would want to keep now but the demand for fan favorites is truly unquenchable without being a 100+ character MUGEN fullgame

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That one girl who wanted to be a sumo wrestler (Hinako?) but now she's actually built like one.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
On the plus side May Lee is awesome and has her own fighting style that plays nothing like Jhun.

And let's be honest, there is no reason for Choi/Chang (or Gang Il) to ever make it into a roster over Jhun/May Lee.

At least for Chang and Choi, those two are some of the most popular chars in the entire series, as well, which is why they have a practically perfect attendance record.

Meanwhile, Gang Il has a good style, but I can't remember if he himself was well-liked or if it was just his playstyle. Otherwise, they can bench him and just have Luong keeping Kim and Jhun in-line.

May Lee could join any prospective team of choice. Most, if not all of the "pachislot" gang likely ain't returning, right?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
That one girl who wanted to be a sumo wrestler (Hinako?) but now she's actually built like one.
I've wanted this for a while myself. I doubt they ever would since she's supposed to be that "cute but deceptively strong" trope, but it'd be nice if they tried making her at least a little chubby like XIII Athena.

I'd love them to go wild with teams. Like something between NGBC and KoF XI. Give me World Heroes, Kizuna Encounter, Buriki One!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember I made a roster wishlist months ago (like before EVO I think lol) that mostly catered to my tastes but I think would still please people. I think it went like;

Japan Team/Fatal Fury Team/AoF Team/Kim Team/Ikari Warriors/K' Team/New Faces Team - The usual three
Psycho Soldier Team - Athena, Kensou, Bao
Women Fighters Team - King, Mai, Luong
Iori Team - Iori, Oswald, Shingo (really struggled to find a place for Shingo but settled on this, not happy with it though)
Elisabeth Team - Elisabeth, Duo Lon, Kukiri
Agents Team - Vanessa, Seth, Ramon
Korean Justice Team - Juhn, May Lee, New Character
China Team - Shun'ei, Meitenkun, Mian
NESTS Outcast Team - Nameless, Angel, Krizalid
Adelheid Team - Adelheid, Mature, Vice
South Asia Team - all newcomers
Resurrected Boss Team - Rugal, Igniz, Ash

I think I could die happy if the roster was even close to this but I expect most of these teams to never, ever happen lol.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Besides the usual mainstays in the Japan Team, Yagami Team, Ikari Team, Fatal Fury Team and K' Team. And of course Mai, should be a given, my hopes are:

Vanessa
Blue Mary
Geese
Rugal
Rock
Elisabeth

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah KOF kinda became its own thing over time with a huge arsenal of its own original (very popular) characters.

NGBC felt like a counter to that. Its roster was so fresh.

The number of great characters they can choose from is insane.

At least there's DLC now and they aren't locked in post launch like in the old days.
Watch KOFXV doing exactly what XIV did, have a huge roster in the base game that put most other fighting games that release these days to shame. I'm ready for it.

Oh and to answer OP's question: Although she's most likely a lock I want King in. Takuma and Kasumi would be sweet too.

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
They pretty much ripped off Tetsuo from Akira (even down to having the same VA) and instead of getting sued out the ass just erased him from existence. It's a real shame.

And it'd be one thing if Nameless (his "serial numbers filed off" counterpart) was in the mix regularly, too, but we haven't seen him since 02UM.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it'd be one thing if Nameless (his "serial numbers filed off" counterpart) was in the mix regularly, too, but we haven't seen him since 02UM.

Yeah I'd totally be fine with Nameless just taking his spot, shame he's been AWOL like you said. I wonder if he's even canon given he was only in a dream match game.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember I made a roster wishlist months ago (like before EVO I think lol) that mostly catered to my tastes but I think would still please people. I think it went like;

Japan Team/Fatal Fury Team/AoF Team/Kim Team/Ikari Warriors/K' Team/New Faces Team - The usual three
Iori Team - Iori, Oswald, Shingo (really struggled to find a place for Shingo but settled on this, not happy with it though)

I think I could die happy if the roster was even close to this but I expect most of these teams to never, ever happen lol.
Isn't Ash supposed to be good now? Him teaming up with Rugal and Igniz seems wrong Maybe if it was Saiki.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the XIV ending basically "EVERYONE GOT RESURRECTED!" so there should be some crazy shit in store.

I hope Sylvie, Nadj, and Vanessa come back

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Ash supposed to be good now? Him teaming up with Rugal and Igniz seems wrong Maybe if it was Saiki.

Yeah that one I was iffy on too. I wanted some of the teams to have direct links to the resurrected boss team and figured Ash and the Elisabeth team would work. I guess for story reasons you could say it's Saiki possessing Ash or something even though it'd still be Ash.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

There's a clear and starling lack of old in this list. Chin ousted for Bao, Tung Fu Rue ousted for Mian. Presumably Yuri instead of Takuma. Gang Li the only one of the new team Kim not coming back. Just Oswald there by his lonesome. (Chang and Choi are ???)

I see how it is.

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
K' is in which I'm pretty happy with.

I feel like Joe is a givent but I still have my fingers crossed he's in.

I'd like Gai, Geese, Heidern, Whip, Vanessa and Ryuji back too. Always love Ryuji's hands-in-pockets strut and laugh as well as Gai's snarl. Whip's weapon is great fun.

Anyone else would like to see Seth come back?

latest
Very much so! I'd like a suspenders team honestly with some others redesigned.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Yeah I'd totally be fine with Nameless just taking his spot, shame he's been AWOL like you said. I wonder if he's even canon given he was only in a dream match game.

At the very least, I don't think there's anything indicating that he's a character that they don't care about. He's re-appeared more recently in stuff like KOF All Stars.

That's more than what can be said for the MI and EX misfits who likely NEVER will appear in anything else outside of their subseries. When even the mobile stuff doesn't acknowledge you, you know it's bad!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a clear and starling lack of old in this list. Chin ousted for Bao, Tung Fu Rue ousted for Mian. Presumably Yuri instead of Takuma. Gang Li the only one of the new team Kim not coming back. Just Oswald there by his lonesome. (Chang and Choi are ???)

I see how it is.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of older fighters, don't even know why lol.

Chang and Choi are part of Team Kim, I put them in the 'usual' three part.

At the very least, I don't think there's anything indicating that he's a character that they don't care about. He's re-appeared more recently in stuff like KOF All Stars.

That's more than what can be said for the MI and EX misfits who likely NEVER will appear in anything else outside of their subseries. When even the mobile stuff doesn't acknowledge you, you know it's bad!

True, that's a good point. Hopefully they do something with him some day.

Last edited:

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, Gang Il has a good style, but I can't remember if he himself was well-liked or if it was just his playstyle. Otherwise, they can bench him and just have Luong keeping Kim and Jhun in-line.

May Lee could join any prospective team of choice. Most, if not all of the "pachislot" gang likely ain't returning, right?

Gang-Il's play style is basically Jae Hoon + Dong Hwang in one.

But yeah, Love Heart and Mui Mui are likely out.

Watch KOFXV doing exactly what XIV did, have a huge roster in the base game that put most other fighting games that release these days to shame. I'm ready for it..

Dunno about that, there's a good chance they will cut it to the 30 character or KOFXIII range and the rest will be DLC.

That's just how things are now and so many people didn't appreciate XIV's huge launch roster, whining about lack of DLC almost immediately.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I just would like Shingo to return with some new mechanics, moves.... even flames!

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
As far as Mai Shiranui is in, I'm happy; Leona (confirmed), Blue Mary, Shermie and King of Dinosaurs would be nice bonus... if they get rid of Kyo, Iori and Ash, even better ^_^u...

I liked most of the new fighters/teams in KOF XIV, but i hope that if Nakoruru is in KOFXV she gets new team members.

A World Heroes team would be really nice.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
More like they are happy to have gotten away without getting sued lol.

Iirc they try not to even mention him at SNK anymore.
I wonder if there's any chance we'll get a big shake up on the Fatal Fury team, like Rock joining the team for real, not just as a DLC character.

They (well, Elioth) just went too far with him. It wasn't just a similar design, but also attacks and even voice actor. Compare with Benimaru, who looks like Polnareff but otherwise is his own character. That's why Nameless exists, although even him hasn't gotten much use.

This was a wish list thread guys, let me have this!

But seriously, since we're probably never going to see him again, I'd settle with Vanessa and Oswald just being in the base game. If they decide to get crazy with the roster, they can look to Maximum Impact and throw in Alba and Soiree.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm bored waiting for all the nerdy stuff to start today, so here's my dream KOFXV roster, in teams of four.

Japan Team
-Kyo Kusanagi
-Shingo Yabuki
-Goro Daimon
-Reiji Oogami

Yagami Team
-Iori Yagami
-Vice
-Mature
-Leona

Fatal Fury Team
-Terry Bogard
-Andy Bogard
-Joe Higashi
-Mai Shiranui

Art of Fighting Team
-Ryo Sakazaki
-Robert Garcia
-Karmen Cole
-Eiji Kisaragi

South Korea Team
-Kim Kaphwan
-Chang Koehan
-Choi Bounge
-Gang-il

New Justice Team
-Jhun Hoon
-May Lee Jinju
-Smart Chang
-Cool Choi

South America Team
-Nelson
-Zarina
-Bandeiras Hattori
-Richard Meyer

Mexico Team
-Ramon
-Vanessa
-Seth
-Tizoc

South Town Team
-Geese Howard
-Billy Kane
-Hein
-Ripper & Hopper

China Team
-Shun'ei
-Benimaru Nikaido
-Shen Woo
-Mian

Psycho Soldier Team
-Athena Asamiya
-Sie Kensou
-Elisabeth Blanctorche
-Baitang

Ikari Warriors Team
-Heidern
-Ralf Jones
-Clark Still
-Whip

K' Team
-K'
-Maxima
-Kula Diamond
-Nameless

Women's Team
-Chizuru Kagura
-King
-Luong
-Najd

Pretty Girl's Team
-Yuri Sakazaki
-Hinako Shijou
-Hotaru Futaba
-Kisarah Westfield

American Sports Team
-Heavy D!
-Lucky Glauber
-Brian Battler
-Duke Edwards

Fu'un Super Combo Team
-Sho Hayate
-Max Eagle
-Carol Stanzack
-Rosa

NESTS Team
-Original Zero
-Krizalid
-Foxy
-Diana

New Faces Team
-Yashiro Nanakase
-Shermie
-Goenitz
-A new character

Fathers Team
-Saisyu Kusanagi
-Takuma Sakazaki
-Ryuhaku Todoh
-A new character

Mr. Big Team
-Mr. Big
-John Crawley
-Jin Fu-Ha
-Makoto Mizoguchi

Boss Team
-Wolfgang Krauser
-Laurence Blood
-Antonov
-King Leo

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I just hope Whip makes the base roster this time.

I did appreciate she was DLC last time though, it was the first DLC I bought on release for a while.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Vanessa is my single most important character. I need to see her in the base roster. Yamazaki would also be great.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I doubt we ever get four team members again. It sucks but yeah most people seem to prefer three.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Am I the only one that felt like Jhun and Seth's appearance is different on how they should play? Dunno, while I love them as design it felt like ther was something off about them, especially Jhun that looks like he'd have some long ranged tae kune do moves but is extremely short ranged and his moves aren't flashy at all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You know I'm actually starting to think that maybe Kyo, Benimaru and Shun'ei might be on a team together. I have no real proof or theory behind it, I just feel like it could happen lol. Also we're six days away from the reveal now.