• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
So, finally on to Imploding The Mirage in my run-through, and yeah, it's pretty damn good. Really, really good. Took a couple of listens through to really get the feel of it, but once it clicked, it clicked hard. Not a single track on here that I feel is a chore to listen to, and I was more immediately attached to some of the tracks people had wavering opinions on (My God and Fire In Bone).

Looking forward to having this on blast with the roof down on a road-trip in the future.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At the risk of sounding like one of those "achually" guys, I gave this a try, and irregardless of its quality, it doesn't have what I love about their first two albums, which is this weird mix of melancholy, sadness and triumph. It's hard to explain, because you know, music and all, but that's what I associate with The Killers. I actually stopped listening to this halfway through and just went through those albums instead.

It sounds good, but it's not what I learned to love about these guys. It's one of those cases where the band has evolved and I've stayed behind. It doesn't happen often with me, but it did in this case.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering what he's been up to since he ditched The Killers

www.youtube.com

The official music video for Keuning´s "Restless Legs"

From the album Prismism, available January 25 2019, pre-order now: https://ffm.to/restlesslegs Director: Russell Sheaffer Animators: Hannah McSwiggen and Rus...

This song is pretty darn good (the rest of the album is kind of forgettable tho unfortunately)

I'm kind of at the "fuck Keuning" stage now. Not only has he acted like a prima donna for years now (wah wah no one used my songs! Maybe write better ones?), with the latest stunt being the worst (declining to work on Imploding but then offering to do a music video for it), but then here comes the first 100% Keuning free Killers album, and it's like, maybe their best ever. Bye, Dave.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I'm kind of at the "fuck Keuning" stage now. Not only has he acted like a prima donna for years now (wah wah no one used my songs! Maybe write better ones?), with the latest stunt being the worst (declining to work on Imploding but then offering to do a music video for it), but then here comes the first 100% Keuning free Killers album, and it's like, maybe their best ever. Bye, Dave.

I will say, I think his album is inconsistent, but holy shit did I love I Ruined You. He's hardly the best vocalist, but I got some very Smile Like You Mean It/Hot Fuss vibes from it and it very quickly made its way onto my personal playlist:

www.youtube.com

I Ruined You

Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises I Ruined You · Keuning Prismism ℗ 2018 Pretty Faithful marketed and distributed by Thirty Tigers Released on: ...

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
did you like the song tho

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After 2 weeks solid of listening to this album I'm prepared to say its my favorite Killers album ever. Not a single song gets skipped here, which is the first album of theirs I can ever say that for.

What's more incredible is that it comes on the heels of WW, which was almost entirely skippable lol

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
I can't get enough of this album. I need help!
I get into my car and it's music listening time and I cannot be peeled off this.
Every song hits in its own way, id say the weakest song is Fire in Bone and it's a great track. If Hot Fuss wasn't full of absolute classics this would be my favourite Killers album

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I started skipping Lightning Fields and My God and the album suddenly became a lot more enjoyable. The second half still doesn't reach the heights of Caution and My Own Soul's Warning but at least I don't want to turn it off anymore.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019

Whilst I would like to see Keuning back in some shape or form, I think with Imploding the Mirage the band has shown they can evolve their sound to be less guitar-heavy successfully. Flowers and Vanucci both seem excited about the next album already and have been working in the studio again with the same production team as this album.

From the comments it seems Vanucci has some bad blood with Keuning, Brandon is very diplomatic about things (he's matured a lot since the early days).

I'd actually prefer Stoermer to be back full time in the studio (i understand him not wanting to tour anymore with his hearing problems and back problems) as his bass lines can be a real driving force- and he was on 6 or 7 tracks on this album but not playing bass but on guitar on a lot of them. He is only credited for bass (and writing duties) on Caution and Fire and Bone.,

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Kinda Springsteeny huh?

I mean you can drop the "kinda" they want to make music like Bruce, that will last decades like his so , so bad. It's not even subtle lol . That said, I don't mind it because I love Springsteen.

Going in blind I was like, " OK I'm waiting for the lyric in
one of thewe songs about leaving this town or running away from the town or we have to get back to this town or something like that" and lo and behold they delivered it

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Worst song on each album:

Why Do I Keep Counting? (ST) > The Rising Tide (BB) > Goodnight, Travel Well (D&A) > Midnight Show (HF) > Lightning Fields (ItM) > Some Kind of Love (WW)

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
ZpmRpnt.gif

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Gave this another, more thorough listen and actually came away feeling a little worse about it. I still like the first six songs pretty well, but by the end, I felt kind of suffocated by the album's production, or overproduction. I'm a bit short on sleep at the moment so everything is hitting me a bit differently, but the back half dredged up some uncomfortable childhood memories from my early conscious experiences with organized religion. Nothing particularly serious, just a reminder of unpleasant and eerie vibes I used to get amid all those people and all the loudness.

Count me among those that don't care for My God. Again, I point to the production, particularly the gigantic hits on the chorus. Hope they try something different next time, 'cause I'm really starting to miss the raw-er Killers sound.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I hate to bump this thread, but I just finished a few runs through the album and my god, "When the Dreams Run Dry" made me cry. What an amazing song.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
New song for the deluxe edition

www.youtube.com

C'est La Vie

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupC'est La Vie · The KillersImploding The Mirage℗ 2020 Island Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.Released o...

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
New song for the deluxe edition

www.youtube.com

C'est La Vie

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupC'est La Vie · The KillersImploding The Mirage℗ 2020 Island Records, a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.Released o...
This song gave me a excuse to revisit the album and damn it hits hard this time. It's very cinematic, just hits every point in my ears.

This and another low key great The Slow Rush are the highlights of 2020 music.

btw the new song feels looser and with more free form form vocals. I can see why it was left off. I like it no doubt but seems like it was left early.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
All you suckers failed to mention The Killers' cover of Icehouse's Electric Blue, released during this album's time period. Not as good as the original but damn near close.

www.youtube.com

The Killers cover Electric Blue by Icehouse (Full Performance)

IG:https://www.instagram.com/thekillers_music/#TheKillers #Icehouse #ElectricBlue

and the original one of the greatest songs of all time IMO (I also think Bon Jovi is better than Springsteen so you know I got legit ears).

www.youtube.com

ICEHOUSE - Electric Blue

Official music video for 'Electric Blue' taken from WHITE HEAT: 30 HITS out now! (c) Diva Records Pty Ltd

As I'm chiming in on this album for the first time on this forum, let it be known that Blowback and Lightning Fields are my favs(if you concur, praise be)....though they're all good on this album (looking at you Rising Tide). Didn't get WW(didn't care from what I heard) but have the others which are all great as is this album. Now go buy some Texas https://www.resetera.com/threads/hi-from-texas.433253/ because Sharleen Spiteri's voice is simply amazing. Thank me later.

Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dave is back in the band!

www.nme.com

The Killers reunite with guitarist Dave Keuning in studio for new album

The Killers' Dave Keuning has been spotted back in the studio with the band for what appears to be a recording session for their new album.

Next album supposed to drop later this year omg Solo

Yep I actually saw an article a month or two ago about him re-joining and meant to post it! Stands to reason the next one will be more guitar heavy.

On the flipside, Imploding is my favorite Killers album ever and it has no Dave, so......

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Had no idea about this! Very interesting...

Wonder what this means for the new album. I'm sure I caught a live-stream of Brandon and Ronnie a few months ago where they said the new album is pretty much done, so I wonder if this'll be a case of adding songs to it or re-doing them.

EDITED TO ADD: I thought Prismism was okay, if not a little unfocused and kinda all over the place, but holy shot at the early Killers energy from I Ruined You:

OP
OP
Battle Born

Battle Born

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are no new details of the follow-up to this album yet but, they've just announced that they're releasing a new song with Bruce Springsteen soon.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Just wanted to say that I really love this album. I don't know why I decided to check out the Killers after not having listened to them since Sam's Town and that Sawdust B-sides album in highschool, but this album is really good. In fact, I could sense the Springsteen influence in this album so much that it has me coming around to listening to the classic Bruce Springsteen albums, in spite of living my whole life thinking I didn't like him.

Excited there's more coming