• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The docu is so detailed. Alot of people in it also, great throwback from events. Top notch.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Got it recently when it was on sale on the Microsoft store for PC it's honestly incredible and one of the most accessible/most fun fighting games I'm played since Smash it's underrated as hell! Might also be my favorite Microsoft game period tbh.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
This game almost single-handedly convinced me to get an Xbox One back in 2013.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That funding for KI World Cup hitting 100k within 3 days but was really even sooner. But MS decided to delay saying it that it hit. Because people wouldnt believe otherwise haha.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Killer Instinct really redeemed Double Helix. I knew them before that as a studio developing crappy license games and avoided everything they were doing. Who would have thought they would nail a Killer Instinct revival. It shows the difference between when you love working on something and when you're just doing it for the money in order to survive.

Too bad we haven't heard much from them since the Amazon purchase.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
I said this in the other thread as well, but this was a pretty emotional walk down memory lane for me. I hope you all enjoy it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I said this in the other thread as well, but this was a pretty emotional walk down memory lane for me. I hope you all enjoy it.
It was excellent. I especially loved seeing how passionate the DH and IG teams were for KI. I am sure plenty of teams love what they work on and I am sure some utterly hate what they are forced to make haha. Getting more dev insight into the game was amazing to see.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished. Pretty good documentary that's making me want to play more KI. LOL I still need to master my Orchid.

Mighty Twig

May 13, 2020
Very emotional documentary. I loved it. Man I really hope they're working on a sequel. This game was so good and the story of its development and it going from being booed to having a fanbase hanging on every word of a three hour balance change session is a beautiful thing.

Best fighting game of the generation and among the best games of the generation in any genre.

Nothing brought me hype like every KI trailer from the first to the last.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very emotional documentary. I loved it. Man I really hope they're working on a sequel. This game was so good and the story of its development and it going from being booed to having a fanbase hanging on every word of a three hour balance change session is a beautiful thing.

Best fighting game of the generation and among the best games of the generation in any genre.

Nothing brought me hype like every KI trailer from the first to the last.
They're not working on a sequel. Obviously that can change in the future.

KeyboardThug

Oct 27, 2017
Thats was a great video and KI2013 is still the only fighting game that I have even played for more than 5 hours. I think I have over 200 hours in that game. I would love a new game or an update for the Series X.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Just finished it. Excellent job, congratulations to those involved.

That sandwich analogy though.. Dude, Sajam is a modern day philosopher.

#BringBackKI Microsoft

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
With all this talk about KI, we know at this point it's coming back. Now the big question is who will work on it. I definitely want Keits on it. It would not be the same without him

Edit: also we need a snake like character like Naja from Cosmic Carnage

gWTrPZ0.png

Make it so he/she can't jump
retro costume is Medusa

PM me for my address so you can send me the check later

Last edited:

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Great Doc.

I'd be shocked if MS was not developing a new KI or currently trying to get a new one off the ground. It's a great piece of their catalogue.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
That was really great, the pride from everyone involved shines through. I liked the ending too which was sobering. Lobb looking at it from an Xbox POV with back compat and Bass as a competitor who still wants the KI scene to be big. A potential sequel is unknown but the great game that is there is preserved and can still be supported by playing, watching/attending tournaments etc.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
What a great documentary. I really hope that we get a sequel with the release of the next xbox.

I can't believe KI derives its engine from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer game for xbox. That game had good-ass combat.

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely felt more like a feature-length ad for the new KI than an actual documentary about the history of the games and what the scene was like prior to KI coming along.

As an old-school fan, I'm disappointed.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Had dinner while watching this. Enjoyed it a ton myself. Thinking of giving KI an honest try. Wish it supported my hitbox tho...

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ken's face when they touted Iron Galaxy as a dev. Audibly laughed out loud.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
"[In 2013] It has to play well online, modern games have to play well online or they're dead on arrival".

Japanese fighting games in 2020: 🙉

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
I really want a KI 2 to be made. I was a Capcom / Anime only, was not into KI in SNES (cause I was a Mega-Drive / Sega Saturn boi), and I REALLY felt in love for KI when it hit PC.

Hope the developers get another shot at it.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
10 months of development for the initial release is crazy short but they did a hell of job with it!