• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Literally

I've been eating a tonne of apples lately and while they can be juicy and refreshing how the hell is apple juice an industry that's seemingly bigger than something like blueberry juice. How many apples have to be juiced to produce a stamdard glass of apple it must be tens of apples if seems wild to me

I fully understand orange juice they are like 80% water. But man who decided to make an apple juice industry its proper not worth it imo and I love the taste of apple juice.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
We have a LOT of apple trees in this country... and when pressed commercially, you can make sense economically. I mean, that's true of most processed agriculture products - the margins in scale is how they make their money.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
You get a lot from them, you don't need too many. My dad rebuilt a Victorian cider press a few years ago and does it with spare apples from an orchard. I literally have enough homemade 7% cider to last me the next few generations. Apple juice filtered from the press is godlike.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
They juice the apples that are too ugly or bruised to sell on store shelves. Apple juice has a flavor profile that's closest to Honeycrisp apples because they bruise most easily, and so most often end up in the juice. The juice is just their to turn what would be loss into some extra money. Also, juice is a lot easier with industrial blenders and all that.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I believe (though I could be wrong) that they have uses for what's left over after juicing an apple, so it's not quite the waste it might seem if that's the case.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
that's cool

apples are still like 80% water too
giphy.gif

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
They juice the apples that are too ugly or bruised to sell on store shelves. Apple juice has a flavor profile that's closest to Honeycrisp apples because they bruise most easily, and so most often end up in the juice. The juice is just their to turn what would be loss into some extra money. Also, juice is a lot easier with industrial blenders and all that.

Damn, dropping that JUICE KNOWLEDGE.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Literally

I've been eating a tonne of apples lately and while they can be juicy and refreshing how the hell is apple juice an industry that's seemingly bigger than something like blueberry juice. How many apples have to be juiced to produce a stamdard glass of apple it must be tens of apples if seems wild to me

I fully understand orange juice they are like 80% water. But man who decided to make an apple juice industry its proper not worth it imo and I love the taste of apple juice.

How many blueberries need to be juiced to get a glass of blueberry juice? Imagine how many blueberries you'd have to pick to get a glass of blueberry juice. Lets say you need to pick 20 apples versus say 500 blueberries. Which one are you going to be able to sell at a lower price point for a greater profit?

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the tool for juicing oranges:
s-l1000.jpg

And here's one for apples:
Apple-Press-4.jpg

It's almost like they are different fruits entirely. It's so weird how different things can be different.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know this is secretly an AEW marketing thread.

it's not but I wish it was

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

Well I guess if you're getting the stuff that's like $8 for 32oz then that stuff is like actually pure (if reconsituted) blueberry, like the Knudsen stuff. If you're getting something that's a juice blend or cocktail (or something like kids' juice boxes a la Minute Maid / Hi-C) is almost certainly going to be mostly apple. Given the latter is a lot easier to find / exists in more quantities on store shelves than the purer juices I'm using "most" in a specific way here.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, but look at what happens when you eat them.

You eat an orange in segments without any clean up. You eat an apple? I hope you have like 5 napkins because you've got juices all over your palm, probably down your arm, your chin, your other hand somehow...

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I've never heard that used as a saying ("the juice isn't worth the squeeze") but I'm going to add that to my repertoire.

Thanks OP!

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whole fruits > Juices

Unless it's from Solanum betaceum, because I'm allergic to the actual fruit; and the juice is delicious :v
Tamarillo-Red-1377.jpeg