• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Misread her last name as Chud. She is one, of course, but it would've been a lot funnier if it was her name too.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A woman accused of participating in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol asked a federal judge for permission to leave the country on vacation later this month – and got it.

In a Monday court filing, lawyers for Jenny Louise Cudd requested the court's blessing to travel to Mexico's Riviera Maya from Feb. 18-21 for a prepaid "work-related bonding retreat" with her employees and their spouses.

Cudd, a small business owner in Midland, Texas, is currently on pretrial release after being charged with two misdemeanor offenses, including entering a federal building without permission and engaging in disorderly conduct.

The filing, obtained by USA TODAY, noted that Cudd has no prior criminal history and has remained in contact with her attorney and pretrial service officer, who had no objection to her proposed travel plan. Prosecutors took "no position" on the request.

Everyone at Gitmo slapping their foreheads wondering why they didn't think to ask for a Mexican vacation

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah this lady will probably end up doing community service with those charges, which is probably why this was granted.

I think the point is, if this was a Black man with these charges he would have been laughed out of the court room with this request, let's be honest.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
e810ff47-c068-48fd-a264-005659c3e81a-cudd.jpg

Yep.

OP
OP
ThiefofDreams

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Its truly disgusting.

Edit: I will not that this article points out the fact that he is on camera beating an officer with a bat, which i also condemn. And to point, I think none of these people should be let free.

My point is that a person of color would never be afforded the chances of the white woman i posted about.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Its truly disgusting.

Edit: I will not that this article points out the fact that he is on camera beating an officer with a bat, which i also condemn. And to point, I think none of these people should be let free.

My point is that a person of color would never be afforded the chances of the white woman i posted about.
I agree, none of these people should be free.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I just...look, I'm white as hell. Literally a WASP.

And I wouldn't, in my wildest fucking dreams, imagine asking a judge to be allowed on vacation after participating in a violent coup.

What is wrong with this woman? What is wrong with the judge??

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being white is definitely beneficial. I remember one time I got pulled over by the cops at 1am speeding on a California country road. Cop has me get out of the car and is asking me questions. We end up chatting about how boring his job is, what assholes the other cops on his shift are and how I should slow down on that road, and he shows me how to use the fucking radar gun.
Whiteness is next level shit.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I wish I could have white Privilege for one day, just to see how doing things with no consequence would be.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Right up there with economic/social inequality and healthcare, this country needs to address criminal justice. It's been heavily imbalanced for far too long.

TauraMelchior

Banned
Jan 12, 2021
Resetera really hates the privileges that white people get that are not afforded to other ethnicities.

But you do you mr 15 posts.
But remember folks "white privilege isn't real!" according to the right wing

smh for real dude?
LOL
So that's your takeaway, huh?
Alright...

People all throughout history have found reasons to justify their bigotry.

Oct 27, 2017
You're talking about white people, right?

The sooner you understand and accept white privilege, the sooner you'll stop being bothered by these threads. No one is shitting on white people. We're shitting on the institutions and systems that put them on a pedestal, that unfairly place everyone else below them, and the people who take advantage of these to do egregious shit like the woman in the OP's article

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
The viral videos resulted in negative attention for her floral business, Becky's Flowers.

Cudd told the ABC affiliate that she'd received "seven different death threats" and her business received 500 negative reviews on Google from across the country rather than from local patrons.

"So what they're trying to do is cancel me because I stood up for what I believe in and I can tell you this it's – and it's what I've told everybody – I would do it again in a heartbeat," Cudd said.

This bitch:
  • Openly brags that she regrets nothing
  • Says she would do it again if given the opportunity
  • Gets court approval to take a Mexican vacation during a pandemic
Yet - in her mind she's a victim because she's now "cancelled" because of bad Yelp reviews. BTW - her business is Becky's Flowers of Midland if someone wants a place not to shop.

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
There is no bigotry in acknowledging that White people, like myself, are treated differently, far better, than others in this society and especially in the justice system This is undeniable and we can see it with the war on drugs in particular. That is the racism, and denying it happens is the racism.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

I read the article. Not sure I understand the connection to the thread title.

White people who participated in a violent revolt to try to overthrow the government are allowed to be released on bail while people of color are forced to rot in prison.

Gee, I wonder why he wasn't released by a judge, like all those other insurrectionists...

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
If DC were a state, would she have been arrested and held there? It just seems odd to me a Texas judge gets to decide on this shit she did in DC. I guess I just don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.