• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
The retro videos are literally the only DF content I watch, and almost the only gaming content I watch on youtube.

love em, and a lot of that is because of how well John puts together the videos, how good his narration is, and his superb knowledge of the subject. I normally don't watch these kind of videos because 99.9% of the time I know more on the subject then the video maker, but with John's vids I'll always learn something I didn't know before.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
john is not ugly. obviously hearing this from other people doesn't necessarily help, but seriously, he's attractive

he is also incredibly talented + i know watching his videos gives me a big pick me up to my mood. i hope he will be okay.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The internet was a mistake. Before people kept their opinions either private or didn't have the balls to tell it to someone personally but with the internet and the "anonymity" almost everybody is just an asshole in unmoderated communication channels. And it's gotten worse over recent years as more and more people have access to the internet.
It's a sad reality and I really feel for John and hope he finds a way to manage all this crap.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Dark1x you're fantastic! I love the work you do on the videos about retro games. You do a fantastic job John and have always looked great in the videos I've watched!

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Dark1x and his videos literally dictate which system I purchase my games. I've found their One X/Pro comparisons invaluable in my single player game purchase experiences.

You rock and provide amazing content which holds merit beyond just entertainment. The internet if full of idiots and trash. Ignore those commenting with no substance as they are just revealing that they have none.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
John Linneman is the best thing since sliced bread! How on earth can people hate him!?

Setiously, I never knew DF had any haters until I read this. I immensely loved his DF Retro series. I thought DF was solely a tech-geek branch of Eurogamer but I was gobsmacked at their level of passion and creativity -- OG GameTrailers levels -- to just make these retrospectives and awesome video production.

They should all just keep doing what they're doing. Don't listen to the trolls!

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Dark1x, my man, you look perfectly normal. Can't say I've ever thought about your looks a single time, and I've watched all your videos. You have sooo much respect on this forum and across the gaming scene, and you always have a great positive attitude both on and off camera. A true legend.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
John and the DF team are awesome, especially the DF Retro content. Always looking forward to the newest videos! Thanks for everything you do, no one comes close!

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Whaaaaaaat, didn't know he suffered like this. Goddamn, it must be incredibly challenging uploading quality content to an insanely rabbid audience (or at least a higher % of them)

Pixis

Oct 31, 2017
John, you are awesome - I often rewatch DF Retro episodes constantly and they are my favourite thing on the entire DF channel (alongside your graphical comparisons/analysis). Seriously, everything you make on there is supremely high quality and enjoyable.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
People who personally call someone ugly are not worth to give a fuck about. Especially when it's about random immature troll comments etc.
Besides that, you look like a a normal dude. Never even thought anything or negative about your appearance.

The quality of your content is freaking unmatched in that category.
The videos are oozing with passion and the amount of care that got put into every video is crazy. Perfect balance of informations, education and entertainment. Can't say anything else but a HUGE thank you! Just carry on with what you are doing. Please :)

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
John's straight up adorable and produces some of the best retro content on youtube. Fuck those trolls.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
John is an incredibly powerful content creator, with a stunning voice to match and quite attractive if I say so myself.

Love your work man. I've never lost sleep at night enjoying someone's content so much.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
John has taught me so much over the years, even before he joined DF, and I look forward to his videos. His knowledge, excitement, and passion shows through in every one and it's some of my favorite gaming content. Love grabbing a snack and sitting down to a DF Retro or one of his longform analyses.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Just to echo what everyone else is saying, don't let any assholes on twitter spouting nonsense get you down. Who cares what they think anyway?

Your content is massively entertaining, as well as informative, and I wish you guys continued success for a long time.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
John is one of the most talented folks in the industry. Very little picks me up as much as seeing a new DF Retro pop up on YouTube

Meet up the amazing work Dark1x!

Jan 20, 2019
Thank you for all that you do, Dark1x. You're a wonderful human that creates amazing content which so many people enjoy and benefit from. It's totally normal to have doubts or feel bad sometimes, but remember that there are far more people who appreciate your effort compared to the nasty vocal minority. We are here for you, just like you are there for us!

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who the heck is calling Dark1x ugly? He's legit good looking, I cannot believe people would say such shit about him. Plus, his content (well, his and all of th stuff from DF as well, but his especially) is incredibly compelling and interesting. Heck, I only wish there was a way to get more people interested in it, unfortunately I'm no influencer or anything of the sort.

Anyway, seriously, don't listen to haters and keep doing what you do. I just hope the audience of these videos expand a bit for your sake.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
DF and John gotta keep going, there's nothing but excitement from me every time a notification pops up about a new video... Even if I'm not interested in playing such games I still see the videos because they are entertaining and keeps me posted on the tech in the recent releases.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Love your content
Love you voice, tone and diction
And you are simply the best of the channel

The cherry on the top is you spend a big amount of time reading and responding in this forum about DF video.

I won't say "just ignore insult" because this is not how it works, but just know some of us loving you.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Dude you aren't ugly at all! Don't listen haters in internet!

Hit the gym and start eating more healthy. Not just because you will look better, but it will also make you feel good and you can live healthier life! Going to gym was best decision of my life.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
john is not ugly. obviously hearing this from other people doesn't necessarily help, but seriously, he's attractive

he is also incredibly talented + i know watching his videos gives me a big pick me up to my mood. i hope he will be okay.

Also John the amount of work you put into your videos is insane, They've actually been super useful for me getting into game development & I can't thank you enough for that.

Deleted member 10847

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man if Dark1x is ugly i must be the ugliest guy on earth!

Also keep it up with the amazing content you have produced over the years, one of my favorite gaming\tech related youtube channel!

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
One of my favourite Youtube channels, always gives my day a boost when there's a new video up.

And DF Retro? One of the best things on Youtube, period.

Deleted member 1607

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There isn't a single logical reason for anyone to attack John.

John, you do great great work that is appreciated by lots of people and you should be proud of that. Even if you chose to do something else you are a really likable person so as cliche as it is, try to ignore the haters. I don't have a public persona on the internet but I see how people can act so I am sorry you are dealing with the bottom of the barrel.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
John you've been my favorite DF member for years. Your retrospective videos are absolutely amazing and everyone of them has produced nostalgia in me unlike anything else. That Daytona USA piece, oh man the days when reflection mapping seemed like wizardry on AM2.

As far as trolls go, they don't deserve your time.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
-Bullet Tooth Tony

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I would be half as good looking as John.
Honestly.

Going public and showing your face is hard and it takes a lot of courage to do so. Don't let them get to you. In contrast to them you have something to say.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Hey John, your content is awesome and you look great, but even if it did suck and you were an ugly bastard you should still be proud of yourself.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
I like pretty much all of DF's videos, but it always makes me extra excited when I click on one and see that John made it. Love love love his work. Especially DFRetro.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Was saddened to see his tweets and to read some of the posts in the Tron DF Retro thread on here the other day. DF Retro is outstanding. John, booster, you're a champ, don't let the world get you down.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
If the collective game industry (i.e. Game Awards) ever decided to begin recognizing influencers who aren't strictly game developers, John should be the first in line for such an accolade. His insight and contributions are a treasure and a privilege gamers enjoy and shouldn't be taken for granted.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
As someone who is headache prone, DF's work is basically a public service to me. I used to run into problems where I'd buy a game, only to realise I physically couldn't play it due to its fluctuating framerates. I rarely run into that issue any more these days, all thanks to their hard work.

John also repped Monster Boy, which scores him extra cool points.

If the collective game industry (i.e. Game Awards) ever decided to begin recognizing influencers who aren't strictly game developers, John should be the first in line for such an accolade. His insight and contributions are a treasure and a privilege gamers enjoy and shouldn't be taken for granted.
Couldn't have put it better.

Last edited:

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Ignore the hate online, it'll always be there but it's a vocal minority of trolls. You sir, do some fantastic work, as do the entire DF team. I personally look up to you in the industry. I'm looking forward to crossing paths with you one day. Keep on being you!

Last edited:

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is ugly according to the internet, you should stop caring too much about this type of comment.

Edit: because the mod edit.

Jonh, you should take a look in this jackfrags video.

Last edited:

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I didn't see the original tweet, but can only echo that John, Rich and of course Alex are an invaluable addition to our industry. You guys rock, keep doing what you're doing.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Dark1x You aren't ugly. The only thing I'd recommend is getting different glasses. The ones you wear don't frame your face well.

maxresdefault.jpg

Have you considered contacts?
this is not an ugly person, at all. trolls are just assholes

digital foundry does a great service and you do good work dark1x

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
John, you're not ugly and your work with DFRetro is always fantastic and enjoybale. Don't let stupid people bring you down :)

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I don't really post ever (infact this is my first post on ERA), but figured it's for a good cause this time. John, you rock. Don't let assholes get under your skin, keep doing what you love!

Status
Not open for further replies.