• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I think he is right about E3, I think we are in the final days of E3 as we know it

Yeah, companies can just make their own Nintendo Directs, they don't need E3. I also feel like alot of companies felt obligated to show something at this years E3 even when they weren't ready, which is why we got a ton of trailers with no gameplay in them, which leads to disappointment because of massive expectations and hype for E3 itself.

Probably best for companies to do just their own directs when they have a game or games ready to be shown.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, companies can just make their own Nintendo Directs, they don't need E3. I also feel like alot of companies felt obligated to show something at this years E3 even when they weren't ready, which is why we got a ton of trailers with no gameplay in them, which leads to disappointment because of massive expectations and hype for E3 itself.

Probably best for companies to do just their own directs when they have a game or games ready to be shown.
Don't they have devs create a slice of gameplay just for e3? With Crunch being a big issues I can see them say just say make a cgi scene and call it a day.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Is there a reason why every single time this guy posts a video, someone makes a thread about it?

I don't see other sites/youtubers getting the same treatment every time they post new content.

9zPTaMn.png

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Agree with Jim, god those hecklers were annoying. I did have an issue with the video though, playing Yuffie's theme in the background made it incredibly difficult to pay attention to Jim, needs to use something else next time.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
The ESA does more than just run that conference, they'll be around even if E3 is no more.
Yeah I know but it won't be as big. There are some organizations of this kind in Canada, they don't help at all, they just taking their toll on the industry.

60,000 people went to E3 this year. It's extremely far from "dying," and most in the industry think the new ESA president can bring the publishers who have left E3 back into the fold. The previous guy was viscerally hated by almost every publisher. No, it wasn't a very interesting E3 this year, but until attendance drops by tens of thousands, E3 is not in any kind of jeopardy.

How much of them are really working in the industry? As far as I know, the E3 is now a public show so the numbers don't mean a lot. Even if Gallagher is out, I think it's a bit too late, you don't need to be there anymore, it's just for the thrill of it, once, maybe two times.

As for the press conference, they are doing them is really small venues now (not Microsoft though) and getting Bethesda morons during press conference won't help people interest for long.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The real winners were Game Pass subscribers tbh. I downloaded about 25 games on the day of the conference, during the conference I saw 35 or so others I'll get on the service at their launch, and I ended the night upgrading my subscription to the Ultimate version, giving me another 100+ games for the next 3 years for another 1 Euro.

This basically. Game Pass became a must have for me this E3.

Misterproof

Sabotage Co-founder
Verified
Dec 28, 2017
Quebec City
Letting people play for upwards of 15 minutes, and then being told to wait more because someone with a press pass showed up. All this while they were waving glowsticks all over the place, and taking turns themselves playing on one of the machines they had set up. I must have waited for over 20 minutes before I walked away. Would have been nice to try it out, and I completely understand that press takes priority, but I there were only two of us in line the whole time. IDK if it the booth was staffed by employees of the devs, or just someone they hired, but they weren't cool at all.

Hi! I'm one of the Sabotage devs who was at the booth at PAX East 2018. I'm sorry this happened to you as it's not how we normally do things.
Back then the Messenger demo was a bit too long and sometimes we let people finish it even though it took them almost 20 minutes. This might be what happened when you were in line. We have since then optimized our demos in order to minimize wait times and increase the number of people who can try the game.
The PAX East 2018 booth had 2 stations for regular attendees as well as an additional booth reserved for press. We often let regular attendees play on the press booth when it was unoccupied but let them know that if press showed up we'd have to ask them to let them play.
I don't know what happened but I do not see why we would take turns to play own game instead of letting attendees play the game we worked so hard to have you guys play...
Again I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our booth and I hope that in the future we get to make up for it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biggest news out of Nintendo's show was a delay for Animal Crossing -- kind of hard to declare them a winner, especially given that Retro and Bayonetta were similarly no-shows. For every good piece of news it seemed like there was some similarly downbeat piece of news. "We're making the Zelda sequel you already assumed we were making! Oh, and your old Pokemon might not be able to transfer to Sword/Shield."