• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017

Winners:
The year 2020
Devolver Digital
Final Fantasy VIII
Microsoft's indie game showcase

Losers:
Ubisoft
Hecklers
Avengers
Bethesda

Special Mention Loser:
E3 itself

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Devolver's shtick is starting to lose its luster more and more with each passing year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real winners were Game Pass subscribers tbh. I downloaded about 25 games on the day of the conference, during the conference I saw 35 or so others I'll get on the service at their launch, and I ended the night upgrading my subscription to the Ultimate version, giving me another 100+ games for the next 3 years for another 1 Euro.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
On the contrary, I think it's getting better each year as the lore grows deeper and more nuanced.
I'm not sure they can keep it up, but for me at least, so far they've succeeded. The Robocop / Direct thing was insanely timely given Sony's recent move towards the model (even if as I understand it, coincidentally so). Coming after Bethesda couldn't have been better situated either. After that horrendous hour and a half of nothing.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i honestly dont get whats wrong with the just cause dancing. For the record, I have zero interest in Just Dance, but it's a fairly successful franchise so clearly it has its place and well, dancing is kind of what you do in it, so...... the 4-5 mins segment that it gets isnt really that big of a deal imo

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
not sure who the winners and loser were, but I sure know who the biggest whiners were!

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The real winners were Game Pass subscribers tbh. I downloaded about 25 games on the day of the conference, during the conference I saw 35 or so others I'll get on the service at their launch, and I ended the night upgrading my subscription to the Ultimate version, giving me another 100+ games for the next 3 years for another 1 Euro.

Yup, I have to agree. MS didn't have a great showcase, but it did show why people should keep subscribed to Game Pass. Getting The Outer Worlds, Blair Witch, Gears 5 and more with Game Pass in the next couple of months is great value. And I love how they put many indies on the program too.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
i honestly dont get whats wrong with the just cause dancing. For the record, I have zero interest in Just Dance, but it's a fairly successful franchise so clearly it has its place and well, dancing is kind of what you do in it, so...... the 4-5 mins segment that it gets isnt really that big of a deal imo
Just Dance was a great interlude during Tom Clancy's Ubisoft E3 2019.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Thread whining
Is there a reason why every single time this guy posts a video, someone makes a thread about it?

I don't see other sites/youtubers getting the same treatment every time they post new content.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
What about Nintendo or does he hate them too much to talk about it? And yeah Game Pass from MS really got me interested.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

Much agree. They certainly upped the value of GP. Getting games at release on the service for the price they were offering is insane.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Why nobody talking about that Deer game, Jim didn't mention it. It looks amazing.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Oh God that heckling part with the barbarian guy slowly sliding into frame. Completely lost it. Totally snuck up on me and I didn't see it till it was 2/3 in.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
"Ubisoft was fuck awful this year."

Yep. My body felt like it was being drained of its life force sitting through that trash heap of a conference. Especially about two-thirds of the way in when all the military shooty bang bang stuff started to blend into one big indiscernible mound of military shooty bang bang stuff.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm not sure they can keep it up, but for me at least, so far they've succeeded. The Robocop / Direct thing was insanely timely given Sony's recent move towards the model (even if as I understand it, coincidentally so). Coming after Bethesda couldn't have been better situated either. After that horrendous hour and a half of nothing.

I appreciate that they were willing to drop a proven format (the fake conference with the stock audience) and pivot to the new direct format. It's timely, works to keep things fresh, provides more material for mockery, and best of all - it was fully justified with an in-universe explanation that built on and furthered the ongoing meta-narrative.

Devolver has me tuning in next year not only because I'm interested in the games they'll be selling, but also because I want to see Nina fuck Linda up. That rules.

Is there a reason why every single time this guy posts a video, someone makes a thread about it?

I don't see other sites/youtubers getting the same treatment every time they post new content.

Can't.. tell.. if.. sarcastic.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Squenix was the biggest winner for me, VII release fuckery apart everything they showed was interesting.

Angry Joe and Dunkey also get threads all the time because they have audiences here. You are either oblivious or just couldn't hold the whinning any longer.

Oct 27, 2017

You are welcome to make a topic about whatever content you want, provided it's within the site T&Cs. A lot of people discuss and/or take interest in Jim's videos, hence why they usually get a topic.

May 5, 2018
Why nobody talking about that Deer game, Jim didn't mention it. It looks amazing.
For I moment I thought you were talking about Spirit Farer since that has a deer lady in the game, but you're talking about Way to the Woods. That game looks cute and neat.

Also Jim's winners and losers check out, but little surprised he didn't mention the Dark Crystal game.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
At this stage, if I don't see the panda, you're going to hear complaints from me.

It's hilarious there's a Wii U version too.

Edit: Oh shit it's not even Wii U specific. It's a Wii version? That's even more wonderful.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
"Ubisoft was fuck awful this year."

Yep. My body felt like it was being drained of its life force sitting through that trash heap of a conference. Especially about two-thirds of the way in when all the military shooty bang bang stuff started to blend into one big indiscernible mound of military shooty bang bang stuff.
Ubisoft will be redeemed next year with Mario + Rabbids 2. We'll get to fawn over how precious Davide Soliani is again. And maybe there will be Zelda Rabbids. :-3

Jun 2, 2019
Can't watch the video yet so I don't know if Jim mentions it, but I would say Nintendo got the biggest win.

Not only their show was filled to the brim of games, they also managed to get the ultimate impossible port and a Microsoft character in Smash.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft will be redeemed next year with Mario + Rabbids 2. We'll get to fawn over how precious Davide Soliani is again. And maybe there will be Zelda Rabbids. :-3

I dunno, i see them trending more and more to GaaS like games and its going to really stagnate their content. It already has, to a degree.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Ubisoft is gross. More and more their conference comes across like they're a drug dealer with the latest military fix for gun violence junkies. You can pick up a slight sense that there's a little bit of embarrassed acknowledgement of that just under the surface.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Wouldn't call Microsoft the best overall show (I felt that was Nintendo with a bullet), but good list overall. Surprised that Jim didn't mention the internet-breaking collective fangasm that was Banjo-Kazooie confirmed for Smash Bros.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, fuck the hecklers. Most obnoxious part of each of the conferences.

I find the Just Dance troupe to be wholesome and fun.

While i agree that Ubisoft is milking the Tom Clancy name too hard in a way where i actually am unsure how many Tom Clancy titled games they were actually talking about during their presentation, i thought theirs was rather decent. Beaten only by (parts of) the Microsoft conference and the Devolver Direct.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Jimmy Boy complaining about the lack of public gameplay demos...
You can do that of course, and maybe you're even right, but then don't be the first one to rally against the crunch that happened because of the arbitrary E3 deadline and later on in the process because dev time was "wasted" on said demo.

Your Fave

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is the tea.