• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
MinusTydus

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I can't believe there's a video game called Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 The Final Chapter Prologue or Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Remember, that's pronounced "Kingdom Hearts Three Five Eight Days Over Two" NOT "Kingdom Hearts 358 over 2 days"

And what about "Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ" which was renamed "Kingdom Hearts Union χ" for... reasons, not to be confused with "Kingdom Hearts χ" which is a different game.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I haven't seen this episode of Jimquisition, but let me lay out this thesis for why it's dumb and convoluted

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Small brain: I hate Kingdom Hearts because it is a ridiculous, convoluted dumpster fire of a story.

Galaxy brain: I love Kingdom Hearts because it is a ridiculous, convoluted dumpster fire of a story.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
it was only a matter of time before he reiterated what literally everyone else said already..........got to get those clicks

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Before I watch is there any KH3 spoilers? I don't want to get spoiled before tomorrow and I already know the stories are badly written.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Is this a copypasta? Kinda smells like one

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from this thread. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is KH3 plot a mess? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the plot is awful. I want a future to believe in. I want Nomura to be CEO and make KH3 great. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought the story was easy to understand???? This is so fucked.

Nov 9, 2017
I wish somebody would have told me this before I wasted money on the series. I was told if I liked Final Fantasy, Action RPG's, and good story that I would love Kingdom Hearts. I was promised it wasn't a game for "kids" and would appeal to people even if they didn't like or grow up with Disney films. Needless to say I was incredibly disappointed.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Despite how it may seem, i was actually far more triggered at a comment in the video saying that "Kingdom heart's plot makes more sense than the Fate franchise", than the video itself, lol.

I guess it is fun to be an arse

I spent some time on the Fate wiki recently and I'd honestly argue that KH's plot is more coherent than most individual paragraphs describing a Noble Phantasm, let alone the franchise.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People saying that Jim hasn't played the series HAVE NOT WATCHED THE VIDEO because he clearly states he's been with it since the beginning and adored the early entries.

Sheesh guys. Come the fuck on!

Hydrophobic

Oct 25, 2017
Remember, that's pronounced "Kingdom Hearts Three Five Eight Days Over Two" NOT "Kingdom Hearts 358 over 2 days"

And what about "Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ" which was renamed "Kingdom Hearts Union χ" for... reasons, not to be confused with "Kingdom Hearts χ" which is a different game.
I'm pretty sure those are actually just the same game? They might have changed the name slightly for the browser vs iOS mobile versions.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I absolutely love this series. His video was spot on though, I mean there's no denying how ridiculous the story is. :P

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ground Zeroes/MGSV rendered all of the events in Peace Walker irrelevant. Plus the plot in MGSV is largely minimal and meaningless.
You still have no introduction to Huey and Kaz. No idea who Strangelove is and why we should care about Huey's betrayal. And literally the only reason anyone would care about Chico and Paz in GZ is if you played PW.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people get so upset at saying KH has a confusing story. Of course it does, it's 17 years worth of story told out of order that decided to introduce time travel into it in the 6th installment. The over use of key words like hearts and darkness don't help.

Like, I love Fate, but if you included every property/spinoff and put them on a timeline, it gets overly confusing and stupid. I can admit that and still find enjoyment in most of the series properties.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, the Zelda timeline is also stupid gibberish but I love the series just the same.

But that gibberish is something nearly entirely disconnected from the actual in-game content and completely immaterial outside of video game message boards on the internet.

You still have no introduction to Huey and Kaz. No idea who Strangelove is and why we should care about Huey's betrayal. And literally the only reason anyone would care about Chico and Paz in GZ is if you played PW.
There's no reason to care because Huey and Kaz barely have any dialogue and/or screen time and Chico/Paz die 15 minutes after starting Ground Zeroes.

The difference with such a comparison is that MGSV doesn't care about its own plot. It barely has one. Strangelove isn't important to the events in MGSV. Neither is turning The Boss into some weirdo AI flying robot or whatever the fuck was going on in Peace Walker. It does not matter to the game. Kingdom Hearts III is an entirely different situation just based on the trailers alone.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to get into KH for a long time but I just haven't got the time to play through the 14 different games and learn the confusing story.

You'd think KH fans would want the story to tone back so that more people will enjoy the series they love and maybe they will get more games, but no....instead most of them get annoyed and resort to "well you clearly didn't want to like it" bullshit.

I just don't get it. Making your favorite franchise a fucking 160+ hour chore to get into isn't a good look and I don't see how anyone could think it is. (especially from a business stand point)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure those are actually just the same game? They might have changed the name slightly for the browser vs iOS mobile versions.

It's... complicated. My understanding is UX is basically actually a continuation of X that repeats an incredibly significant chunk of the story before it changes (...I should probably watch the UX cutscenes tonight, actually).

Then Union Cross is just a 2.0 rebranding of UX.

OP
OP
MinusTydus

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
People saying that Jim hasn't played the series HAVE NOT WATCHED THE VIDEO because he clearly states he's been with it since the beginning and adored the early entries.

Sheesh guys. Come the fuck on!
I knew it wouldn't take long for people to start posting "Jim's complaining about a series he hasn't played", when in the video he literally says not only HAS he played the games, he adored them. BUT GOTTA GET THOSE HOT TAKES ABOUT JIM STERLING INNNNN!

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
First of all who is this pathetic fuckboi talking about my comprehension skills?

You literally just said nothing of substance but tried to make that look like a criticism of Sterling. "incredibly worn out at this point". Well there is a new game coming out and Jim has the same opinion that probably most would have. Should he pretend to have some sort of "original" opinion about it? You've probably watched a lot more KH YouTube videos than his target audience here. "Do it in a worthwhile way". Huh? That doesn't mean anything. Saying "how unoriginal" in these reactions is the classic last bastion of a failed position.
"This video lacks originality" is absolutely valid criticism of his video lol. Notice how I repeatedly keep saying that his actual opinion isn't the focus. KH's story is an absolute mess worthy of criticism. The convoluted plot, the naming conventions, etc. However, how that criticism is delivered is something you can absolutely comment on. Though, this is the 3rd time I've said this and I'm sure you'll continue to argue in bad faith by willfully ignoring the substance of my posts so I'll just hit that ignore button now. No point in wasting my time.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
why is jim so freaking clickbaity? everything he does seems to be meant to offend a fan base a gain clicks.

and before people says that he doesn monetize his videos, there are plenty of trolls out there happy to give him money just to see him make other people angry

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Is the story really gibberish? I only found it confusing because it's told non-linearly in the games. Once it was presented in a linear fashion (mostly by story recaps) it's not really that hard to understand, beyond some ass pulls they make now and then that aren't explained. It's a complicated story but gibberish implies it can't be understood, when it very much can be. I also wouldn't say it's stupid. Attachment to the characters and their story is important for the fans of it, they care about what is going on in the story even if there's a big initial time investment that it requires to catch up with the story.

Was able to follow it as a kid, don't see why I couldn't follow it as an adult. I also played KH2 before KH1 and was still able to parse things together (kh2 had a nice compendium for me to put together some missing details). So I'm pretty skeptical about the complaints that seem to ramp up these last couple years with the exception of DDD.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
It's not as complicated as most make it out to be. Just remember, the most important fight.
QhMVtUg.png

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
He's right but at this point you just gotta embrace the fuckery. I'm personally excited because I loved KH2 despite losing the plot 3/4ths of the way through. I just want a magical romp through Disney worlds and that seems exactly like what KH3 will deliver upon.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Oh boy, Clickbait Jim is back in full form I see.

Unrelated to this video, but I honestly don't see why this dude is relevant, let alone popular.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Man, i wished kh was a niche title so we wouldn't get 50+ clickbait videos talking about how confusing the story is and how KH fans are stupid for managing to catch up with it. The amount of toxicity coming from people out of the loop trying to annoy the fans just cause "it's fun" is crazy and that must be, honestly, one of the reasons it's so hard to get into the series.

Just had to say this cause i'm tired

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, some of you need to learn to have some fun and stop being needlessly hostile to people who like things you don't.

You play KH, you don't find this stuff appealing, that's fine. It's not for everyone. I'm someone who loves this kind of ridiculous earnestness/sincerity; in many sense revisiting KH has been eye-opening in seeing how formative it kinda was for me. But some people find it grating. And that's fine.

But when you start whining about it being "for kids" or how much you like trolling KH fans or whatever, you sound like a 12 year old. Let people have fun with things.

Oct 25, 2017
"This video lacks originality" is absolutely valid criticism of his video lol. Notice how I repeatedly keep saying that his actual opinion isn't the focus. KH's story is an absolute mess worthy of criticism. The convoluted plot, the naming conventions, etc. However, how that criticism is delivered is something you can absolutely comment on. Though, this is the 3rd time I've said this and I'm sure you'll continue to argue in bad faith by willfully ignoring the substance of my posts so I'll just hit that ignore button now. No point in wasting my time.
Okay dude, I'm rather busy today so I'll just break it down real quick.

You are acting like you're mad this this is a "unoriginal" video. But we all know you're mad that he trashed a game you like. People on either side know this. The sooner we all acknowledge this the sooner this embarrassing charade can end.

Because like you'd be pretty busy trashing every video out there that isn't "original" (lol) but this one really triggered something.

There wasn't any substance in your posts. You just said "it's been done before" in an overly verbose way.

And to think your horse is so, so high after the first sentence of the first post you directed at me. Stay mad.

EDIT: almost forgot to address the fact that you created a long winded rebuttal before saying you'd put me on ignore, proving you are exactly what I thought.

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A new game comes out, so someone talks about said game.

OMG CLICKBAIT!

It'll probably be between this and BOTW for the most gamer offendedness.

KH story is a steaming pile of shit, but as many will say including myself, it's the novelty of Disney mixing with Final Fantasty/Fantasy that is fun. The levels/worlds/atmosphere and so on.

Which does have me disappointed to hear FF is pretty much non-existent in KH3.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's right, the story is fucking ridiculous and I could give a shit about it. Just let me visit Disney worlds and fight Disney Bosses. Once you introduce Organization 13 and the non Disney shit I lose interest.

More Timeless River and Pooh Corner, less Ansem and doppelgangers.

Yes I know all the games are on PS4, but I still only replayed 1/2 because ...fuck handheld games 😡

This too. I'm a Disney kid, born in California and have been to Disneyland many times before. I adore the worlds and stories.

I also enjoy Final Fantasy and enjoy the cross over. But all the other generic characters bore me and I want nothing to do with them.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to laugh at the notion that a series that relies on fucking decimal numbered entries isn't convoluted.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I spent some time on the Fate wiki recently and I'd honestly argue that KH's plot is more coherent than most individual paragraphs describing a Noble Phantasm, let alone the franchise.

That's just because of Nasu's penchant for wanting deep explanations for all the world building. Its easy to understand in the context of the stories themselves, and are much less important.

Magic circuits for example, have an entire dictionary laid out for them in case you want a deep dive on how they work and all that , but in effect, they are simply magical veins that allow people to use magic, and that's all you need to logically know in the story.

The wiki is for people who want to know the detailed backround of certain things, but are not insane enough to go through all the lore. But its not really needed to understand the story.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to get into KH for a long time but I just haven't got the time to play through the 14 different games and learn the confusing story.

You'd think KH fans would want the story to tone back so that more people will enjoy the series they love and maybe they will get more games, but no....instead most of them get annoyed and resort to "well you clearly didn't want to like it" bullshit.

I just don't get it. Making your favorite franchise a fucking 160+ hour chore to get into isn't a good look and I don't see how anyone could think it is. (especially from a business stand point)

The most ridiculous shit is when those KH fans insist the series plot isn't convoluted or a mess.