• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017

Wanted to share this here, it's an incredible treat to look at for longtime fans of the series. I keep finding little details the more I look.

I especially like how Payne and Auchi managed to find themselves on the incorrect sides. lmao

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I jumped at this a few hours ago, I thought this was a repackaging of the Naruhodo Legends Collection with the missing AA titles.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I jumped at this a few hours ago, I thought this was a repackaging of the Naruhodo Legends Collection with the missing AA titles.
It's actually the packaging for the Ace Attorney fighting game.

(P.S.: There isn't actually an Ace Attorney fighting game as far as I know.)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Gant and Strongheart mirroring each other, yep.

Surprised to see some of the Layton crossover characters here, that's neat.

Edit: lol, blackquill now with double the birds

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised to see some of the Layton crossover characters here, that's neat.
Zacharias and Constantine, when the dog isn't on the official box art (my bad he's there but not in evidence hehe).

31987809-33-E3-42-A8-9313-F1-DFF274377-B.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see my boy Gumshoe in there. Apparently they haven't completely forgotten he exists.

I like that Darklaw is in there too.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
even polly gets to be on the art but no canadian judge. what a disrespect

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
What's a good way to get into this series on the Switch? The original trilogy release? I've always been interested in it but never had a access until the Switch.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
What's a good way to get into this series on the Switch? The original trilogy release? I've always been interested in it but never had a access until the Switch.
The original trilogy is probably the best way? I think I like The Great Ace Attorney duology better overall but they have a much slower start and there is no particular reason not to begin at the beginning. That way if you like it you can watch the series evolve.

Easystride

Oct 27, 2017
You can start with the Phoenix Wright collection, but The Great Ace Attorney duology stands on its own, in case the Victorian London + Sherlock setting interests you more

The original trilogy is probably the best way? I think I like The Great Ace Attorney duology better overall but they have a much slower start and there is no particular reason not to begin at the beginning. That way if you like it you can watch the series evolve.
Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the duology since I prefer to go with physical games when possible. If I like the duology, I'll pick up the original trilogy.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yup, go with the original trilogy first. You can play TGAA after that if you want. Hopefully they'll release 4, 5 and 6 on modern platforms soon.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Great Ace Attorney sucks
There i said it, don't @ me

(ok, it doesnt suck, but the setting and characters really didnt do anything to me. not particularly interested in old japan and victorian london at all. japanifornia is where is at)

if you really want to start playing AA and you have a switch, please just start with the trilogy. It will be harder to go back to it from TGAA than it is to go to TGAA from it

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
I played the trilogy and watched the anime this month. Love me some Phoenix Wright. The names were so dumb that it went back to awesome. And I'm willing to fight anyone on Super Smash bros Ultimate that Mia Bae Fey is best girl

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the duology since I prefer to go with physical games when possible. If I like the duology, I'll pick up the original trilogy.
I love GAA but be warned, they are basically paced like one very long game. So stuff only really starts getting going toward the end of the first one.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
The theme of the art and the fact Damon Gant and Ema are there makes it even weirder that Lana isnt. She does have a counterpart on the other half of the art after all