• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Enjoyed TI9 this year, and I am really glad LGD didn't made it to the grand final. Hard to enjoy the matches live when they are literally cheering for everything the LGD do, including taking a bounty or losing the match.

I don't even want imagine what will happen if its LGD in the final. I couldn't endure another more second of that.

The other downsides are the spotty internet most of the time which forbids me to post as much here or check out social media, and the scalpers harassing people outside the arena. I have lots of fun purchasing and trading the stuffs at secret shop area

How full/empty was the Arena after LGD lost?

Turdburger

Oct 27, 2017
Keenly interested to see what roster changes are coming

the VP shuffle will be interesting. There is enough talent in that region for 2 top teams, I wonder who will stick with who. people saying some of those players may leave the region, which could happen. I am not buying the EG.ramzes rumor though

with EG, it starts with whether S4/fly leave. People are already saying they're gone citing fly's tweet and v1lat's rumor mill, and it makes sense that they'd be out, but you never know. If they do leave, then it becomes about whether rtz/sumail/cr1t stick together. I'm guessing those 3 would like to stick together, but will only do so if they can find adequate replacements at the 3 and 5. i'd guess they try as hard as they can to bring back zai.

I'm also really curious to see if the past few years have humbled sumail and rtz enough to play with ppd again. I actually think that it's possible given what has happened since they split (zero major wins for EG, two TI titles for topson LUL).

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
finally finished watching last night's vod, what a crazy finals. OG made everyone else look like rank amateurs this TI, i don't remember a team being able to do that since alliance 2013.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
finally finished watching last night's vod, what a crazy finals. OG made everyone else look like rank amateurs this TI, i don't remember a team being able to do that since alliance 2013.

Wouldn't say Alliance did. That went to the final game and they pretty much all close matches.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't say Alliance did. That went to the final game and they pretty much all close matches.
the finals were clowny but the rest of that season and the other games in TI3 was just alliance dumping on everyone

obviously OG didn't do that over the year and they were probably even more dominant during TI but it did remind me

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
best dota team to ever grace the scene, can't deny it. late to post this but grats to OG, they deserve it. also TI10 in stockholm, might get me to go to europe for the first time!

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I'm down for Stockholm TI next year. Anyone else here think they are likely to go? I would be traveling from the US. There's a few things that could possibly keep me from going but it's just a matter of timing. I'm probably doing finals and then my wife and I will spend a week or so in Stockholm.
I was dead set on going since it is in my country but if its gonna be close to 450$ for all the days then I have to think about it. That's like two big festivals or all the worthwhile shit in two battlepasses..

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I was dead set on going since it is in my country but if its gonna be close to 450$ for all the days then I have to think about it. That's like two big festivals or all the worthwhile shit in two battlepasses..
I'd go for it and even saving shit tbh.. Its probably gonna be the most hype TI ever.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
all u need 2 do is clutch one of those crimson witness treasure drops
I mean that's true but imagine sitting there hoping you're one of the lucky few, like you're inside of a fucking loot box, that's a feel bad moment for sure.
I'd go for it and even saving shit tbh.. Its probably gonna be the most hype TI ever.
I will consider the amount of money I'll save on not having to go to another continent and probably hotel expenses. It does feel like one of those once in a lifetime things that I would be kicking myself for missing if I didn't end up going I suppose..

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's true but imagine sitting there hoping you're one of the lucky few, like you're inside of a fucking loot box, that's a feel bad moment for sure.

I will consider the amount of money I'll save on not having to go to another continent and probably hotel expenses. It does feel like one of those once in a lifetime things that I would be kicking myself for missing if I didn't end up going I suppose..

I've been to 6 Starcraft 2 events now including 1 Blizzcon. It's worth it. Seeing Flash hold up the trophy at IEM Toronto, is burned into my memory. Watching he who must not be named (Life) win at Blizzcon is a memory I will never forget.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I've been to four TIs (5, 6, 7 in Seattle, and 8 in Vancouver) and they were all worth it. Granted those will not be as expensive as going to Stockholm, but IMO they were all worth it. Attending these in person is something I really recommend everyone into Dota try to do at least once in their life. This year they did two day bundles for the tickets, but usually they do a weekday ticket and finals ticket. The weekday is days 1-4, Finals is days 5 and 6. Watching the games with a bunch of Dota fans is one of my favorite experiences. All the people you meet there are incredible. At every TI I have been to (and the other ones), there has been a meetup of people from the old place/Era. In a way it's like a convention for Dota. Being there for the Six Million Dollar Slam (It's a disastah!") was incredibly hype.

Last year after games were over one night someone yelled "LAKAD MATATAAAAAAG" and everyone else said "Normalin normalin!" on the sidewalk of the streets

AirBNB does exist in Stockholm, so that might be a viable option to save on lodging costs. If you just stay for TI it's not a bad deal. Hostels are an option too, but I personally don't like them. I likely will not do AirBnB and just get a regular hotel since my wife would be going with me and we plan on seeing Stockholm after TI is over.

I wouldn't bank on the Crimson Witness chests, and even if you do get them, it's only Steam money you get for selling the items on Market. IMO I would put that Steam money toward your battle pass levels to get the Aegis or Baby Rosh statue. Last year I didn't get any chests, but I only went for the finals. The previous years I got a handful and I did the entire week. It's kind of funny every time there's a First Blood, the whole arena checks their phones a few seconds after.

A cool experience I had a few years ago was actually when I was leaving. I got to the airport too early and so I got to one of those long tables by a gate with AC outlets and decided to play Dota on my laptop. A woman from Hong Kong sat down next to me and says "That QoP is pretty bad". She said she thought it was League at first but then saw Storm Spirit and realized it was Dota. She was at TI and was talking about how the Anti-Mage on Newbee should have bought "A-stick" in the grand final. A-stick is what the Chinese community calls Aghs. We had a conversation about Dota, and her English was somewhat broken and we both had different terms for Dota things, but we understood each other still.

Bottom line though: It's a very worthwhile experience if you're really into Dota.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'll make it but I'm really tempted to go next year since it could be a long time until it's back in Europe, if ever. I'll probably figure it out closer to the time that tickets go on sale.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I've been to four TIs (5, 6, 7 in Seattle, and 8 in Vancouver) and they were all worth it. Granted those will not be as expensive as going to Stockholm, but IMO they were all worth it. Attending these in person is something I really recommend everyone into Dota try to do at least once in their life. This year they did two day bundles for the tickets, but usually they do a weekday ticket and finals ticket. The weekday is days 1-4, Finals is days 5 and 6. Watching the games with a bunch of Dota fans is one of my favorite experiences. All the people you meet there are incredible. At every TI I have been to (and the other ones), there has been a meetup of people from the old place/Era. In a way it's like a convention for Dota. Being there for the Six Million Dollar Slam (It's a disastah!") was incredibly hype.

Last year after games were over one night someone yelled "LAKAD MATATAAAAAAG" and everyone else said "Normalin normalin!" on the sidewalk of the streets

AirBNB does exist in Stockholm, so that might be a viable option to save on lodging costs. If you just stay for TI it's not a bad deal. Hostels are an option too, but I personally don't like them. I likely will not do AirBnB and just get a regular hotel since my wife would be going with me and we plan on seeing Stockholm after TI is over.

I wouldn't bank on the Crimson Witness chests, and even if you do get them, it's only Steam money you get for selling the items on Market. IMO I would put that Steam money toward your battle pass levels to get the Aegis or Baby Rosh statue. Last year I didn't get any chests, but I only went for the finals. The previous years I got a handful and I did the entire week. It's kind of funny every time there's a First Blood, the whole arena checks their phones a few seconds after.

A cool experience I had a few years ago was actually when I was leaving. I got to the airport too early and so I got to one of those long tables by a gate with AC outlets and decided to play Dota on my laptop. A woman from Hong Kong sat down next to me and says "That QoP is pretty bad". She said she thought it was League at first but then saw Storm Spirit and realized it was Dota. She was at TI and was talking about how the Anti-Mage on Newbee should have bought "A-stick" in the grand final. A-stick is what the Chinese community calls Aghs. We had a conversation about Dota, and her English was somewhat broken and we both had different terms for Dota things, but we understood each other still.

Bottom line though: It's a very worthwhile experience if you're really into Dota.
Aye I'm gonna give it some serious consideration, even the kinda high price would be a no brainer if I didn't work part time with a young one. We'll see but if I do go I'm sure to hook up with all the era members I can.

And dude, you got a handful of crimson treasures? Even the cheapest one from this year is 200€ and up, that's crazy, it doesnt matter if its steam bucks, that and cdkeys is pretty much the only stores I spend my money on.

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I've been to 6 Starcraft 2 events now including 1 Blizzcon. It's worth it. Seeing Flash hold up the trophy at IEM Toronto, is burned into my memory. Watching he who must not be named (Life) win at Blizzcon is a memory I will never forget.
I bet EG wins and it'll be my reoccurring nightmare for years ;)

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I went to TI3 and it was an absolute blast. Definitely recommend going if its a possibility.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I miss TI already 😞

Not changing this avatar for a while

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Watched one match, and had a lot of fun remembering my old times playing dota

I want to play again but sadly none of my friends play anymore, and I'm rusty enough that I'm going to fuck up lots of matches

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I think OG are like the Jon Jones of the DPC the last two years, and it could continue for a while yet. LGD (2018) and Liquid can take solace in the fact that they could beat anyone in the world that isn't OG. Liquid's Lower Bracket run was amazing and 2-0ing everyone until the LB final was incredible after their shitty Group Stage. Their line-up is great and I don't know if they'd improve by changing things and they might be even better with another year of experience together under their belts.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017

I want to play again but sadly none of my friends play anymore, and I'm rusty enough that I'm going to fuck up lots of matches

You could always try some turbo matches before going back into normal all pick. It would help to get the feeling of the game back.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just play turbo and have fun, that's what I do and almost all of the time I'm matchmaking with people that fucks around with me. Maybe it's because I have 10k behavior score but I've only played with one vocal toxic dude, other than that I met some super fun people to play with, just don't be scared to add them

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably going to be a while before you see any of the big teams play next season.

The general consenses at the moment is a mass break for the majority of teams.

If thats the case I wonder if we'll see a change to the amount of DPC tournaments by Valve. There was a huge explosion of tournaments in the 2017/2018 season and even though there was less this year if players are still feeling that burnout another look by Valve couldn't hurt.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If thats the case I wonder if we'll see a change to the amount of DPC tournaments by Valve. There was a huge explosion of tournaments in the 2017/2018 season and even though there was less this year if players are still feeling that burnout another look by Valve couldn't hurt.
seems like the dates are already set, only change is one qualifier for minor and major

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
OG, Liquid, LGD , Secret and other big team can take a 6 months break and qualified for TI

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I got my 10% finish on Fantasy, and I'm pretty sure I'd have been in, or close to, a Top 100 finish had I gone all Secret instead of all VG on the penultimate day. I'll take my 16 levels though GabeN.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I made the same mistake as you with VG. Hit 98.7%.
271.17 points off of Top 100... Damn it, Vici!

unknown.png

52club

Oct 27, 2017
i think OG just proved that all you need to do is show up for the last few events.

wtf is the point in burning out when you can win the $15M at the end

I'm not sure burnout is a problem or not. Isn't the sponsors of these teams that expect a presence? Also winning majors is still good money. It will be interesting on a player and team level. However, so far no team has said we are not playing in a major (as far as I can remember). OG maybe will this year, and I'm sure some players are going to want to have the vacation Anna took.