• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Even if they dropped Biden or he dropped out, it would not go to Bernie as Biden's delegates would likely unify behind someone else. Bernie was rejected by the majority at this point. You'd get some messy convention and who even knows who would end up on the ticket.
It could, but it would require party heads to put their foot down and go on Biden hard, since I doubt Biden would willingly step down of his own accord. Which I don't see the party doing, whether for optics or for attacking a highly regarded member of their party.

Better that we kick a stink about it now before it really is too late though.

This is depressing.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Even if they dropped Biden or he dropped out, it would not go to Bernie as Biden's delegates would likely unify behind someone else. Bernie was rejected by the majority at this point. You'd get some messy convention and who even knows who would end up on the ticket.

Frankly, even if this is true, anything short of Bloomberg would be a gigantic fucking leap forward now.

Get Pete's ass back out here. Make him do the thing with the hands.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the sort of thing that should be a presidential run/career-ender for any politician - heck, it should be ground for incarceration if you ask me -, but because the US is so fucked when it comes to these, and the man at the top is arguably even worse, Biden will be fine. Disgusting. I'm honestly surprised, after #MeToo and Weinstein, that none of this managed to make it to the public years ago given how many clips of Biden being an absolute creep there are out there. Like, him being an alleged rapist is the least surprising thing ever.

Americans are now asked to choose between two rapists. Incredible.

Deleted member 227

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YWXrUMO.gif

You had one job, America. One job.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but I read it.

I don't understand why she only disclosed half of her story in that initial interview... It is going to harm her credibility now in the eyes of many.

It's not fair (and, like I posted repeatedly, I believe her), but now she looks motivated by more than just the need to disclose the truth about her experience.

I mean, she's a human being. It's just as plausible that she didn't want to tell the full story because of the consequences for her until it became clear that she had to. There were over a dozen candidates in the running last April. A good chance that Biden would end up being irrelevant, so why expose herself? But joe since he's the de facto nominee things are different.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
User Banned (1 week): ignoring the staff post
There is still time to drop Biden and embrace Sanders for Democrats. You can't tell me that Democrats can't sell a voice of reason during a Pandemic. If you ask me, this has a much better chance of success than Biden.

No thank you on embracing Sanders.. Someone else fine, but not Sanders period end of story.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, she's a human being. It's just as plausible that she didn't want to tell the full story because of the consequences for her until it became clear that she had to. There were over a dozen candidates in the running last April. A good chance that Biden would end up being irrelevant, so why expose herself? But joe since he's the de facto nominee things are different.

Yeah, this might be plausible, but she's now created room for doubt... enough to allow Biden to weasel past this, most likely.

It sucks, absolutely. But frankly that's the situation.

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
wasn't doing shit for biden before, certainly not lifting a finger for him now. but the media said this was the "electable" candidate so what do i know.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, but I read it.

I don't understand why she only disclosed half of her story in that initial interview... It is going to harm her credibility now in the eyes of many.

It's not fair (and, like I posted repeatedly, I believe her), but now she looks motivated by more than just the need to disclose the truth about her experience.
It would look like a hit job against Biden either way, I'm sure the online harassment against her would have been so much worse during the primary.

Vestal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
But the problem with what you are saying is that then you are saying her intention is to derail a political campaign. That in of itself would discredit her account in the eyes of the public at large. In essence you are saying that her intention is not speaking her truth and her story but to only come out with this when it can have an impact on Bidens run for the presidency.

I'd prefer if that weren't the motives for coming forward, because if it is it will drown out anything she has to say.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah hold up, I just remembered Bloomberg was eviscerated over his past. Biden better not slide with this shit. This ain't political, he needs to be held accountable.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
But the problem with what you are saying is that then you are saying her intention is to derail a political campaign. That in of itself would discredit her account in the eyes of the public at large. In essence you are saying that her intention is not speaking her truth and her story but to only come out with this when it can have an impact on Bidens run for the presidency.

I'd prefer if that weren't the motives for coming forward, because if it is it will drown out anything she has to say.

That's not what I was trying to say. You are framing this from the perspective of Biden's campaign, I am asking you to think from the perspective of someone who was deeply hurt by a monster.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I was terrified there was going to be a rape allegation against Biden and my fears have not only come true but have come true after he has become the presumptive nominee. Trump is also a rapist but who is the media going to focus on now. We Bernie Sanders supporters tried to warn you all...

A rapist should not become the president (again)

Oct 27, 2017
Not to mention still saying the crime bill was a good thing and repeating his nonsense about black mothers not being good enough for their children. And no matter how much weekend obama volunteers who watched his speeches want to argue he meant something different, he is absolutely a racist.
And referring to it as the crack house bill iirc, which obviously is racist.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd think the Intercept would've checked this, but is anyone aware of Time's Up providing legal assistance/funding for any accusation against a politician?

3bdelilah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Every alleged rape and harassment victim is worth listening to, and this is no exception. Absolutely despicable if true, and honestly Biden kinda has public appearances against him. Many people already see him as this "creepy uncle Joe" who seems incapable of not inappropriately touching women. Obviously I hope this isn't the case, because then my bets on Biden losing to Trump grow even higher, but this needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible. If proven, Biden needs to step down, no sane person should question that.

Vestal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
That's not what I was trying to say. You are framing this from the perspective of Biden's campaign, I am asking you to think from the perspective of someone who was deeply hurt by a monster.
I am talking about the political and public realities of the situation. I am framing it from how the public at large will view it and yes how anyone who doesn't believe her will frame it.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I think we had our wires crossed. I was speaking purely MSM like WaPo et al.
I was talking about it too. Let me try again -
My point was that I think it's much easier for Time's Up to ignore question from The Intercept than WaPo the NYT etc.
Sorry for the confusion.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
I would very much not like a rapist as president again, thank you.
Nice to see that women's voices stop meaning anything once partisan politics gets in the way.
It's crazy to see some of the posts on here asking why victims don't come forward while also trying to question the timing and the limited details. And the people that have a stronger interest in discussing why if Biden drops it won't be Sanders aren't slick either. Trying anything to talk about something other than what the topic is about.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Gross uncle Joe.
So is he still considered the more electable candidate? Fuck this timeline.

People are so blindly boot licking they prefer one rapist over the other.

Fuck Trump.
Fuck Biden.

Now watch Fox News trying to be smart and ignoring all the women who came forward to accuse Trump.

The world is going to shit.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously. How is anyone surprised that there was more than just creepy whispers and shoulder massages?

The rape allegations didn't hurt Trump because most republican voters could not care less. I expect this could do a lot more damage to Biden since the left is far more in tune with these types of social issues.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh look, the thing every sensible person were rightfully worried about coming from "creepy uncle Joe". What a joke. Hopefully the victims get their justice (IF these allegations are true, of course)

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
This should be properly investigated and reported on, but Biden is real power, so I doubt that will be the case. America has made it's choice and it bums me out.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
This should be properly investigated and reported on, but Biden is real power, so I doubt that will be the case. America has made it's choice and it bums me out.

Exactly. Its a dark fucking reality but I can't fault Times Up for loathing to take on a possible future president considering how Trump is setting hella precedent on how to be petty with presidential power.

Its odd at people shocked and mad at these amoral flashpoints in 2020 , when they've let this rot for decades. Hell, look at Biden vs Hill, we talking 30 plus years of shrugging at well publicized assault.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Conspiratorial Rhetoric Surrounding Sexual Assault Allegations
"President Putin scares the power elite in America because he is a compassionate, caring, visionary leader. … To President Putin, I say keep your eyes to the beautiful future and maybe, just maybe America will come to see Russia as I do, with eyes of love. To all my Russian friends, happy holiday and Happy New Year."

Did anyone read this part in the article? Apparently this lady posted this a while back. I am not saying the rape didn't happen or that Biden is innocent. In fact there is plenty of evidence of him being a creep. But the timing of this along with her history makes me think it's not just because she suddenly got the courage to face Biden now. There might be other motivations.

Mod Edit: Post reverted

Last edited by a moderator:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly. Its a dark fucking reality but I can't fault Times Up for loathing to take on a possible future president considering how Trump is setting hella precedent on how to be petty with presidential power.

Its odd at people shocked and mad at these amoral flashpoints in 2020 , when they've let this rot for decades. Hell, look at Biden vs Hill, we talking 30 plus years of shrugging at well publicized assault.
Yes you can and I think you should.
The whole point of that organization is to help women stand up to rich and powerful people.
Are we going to excuse people who stood silent when Trump was accused next?

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Did anyone read this part in the article? Apparently this lady posted this a while back. I am not saying the rape didn't happen or that Biden is innocent. In fact there is plenty of evidence of him being a creep. But the timing of this along with her history makes me think it's not just because she suddenly got the courage to face Biden now. There might be other motivations.
If you're going to derail the thread with silly conspiracy theories please at least read it first. Primarily the second post of this thread which details that these allegations were first levelled in the early 90s!

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Curious what his campaign will respond with. Silence is awful. A hand waved apology is worse.

Why is it so damned hard for people not to sexual assault others...

-Devious-

Oct 25, 2017
This is the sort of thing that should be a presidential run/career-ender for any politician - heck, it should be ground for incarceration if you ask me -, but because the US is so fucked when it comes to these, and the man at the top is arguably even worse, Biden will be fine. Disgusting. I'm honestly surprised, after #MeToo and Weinstein, that none of this managed to make it to the public years ago given how many clips of Biden being an absolute creep there are out there. Like, him being an alleged rapist is the least surprising thing ever.

Americans are now asked to choose between two rapists. Incredible.
The Democratic establishment will have to proceed with Biden stepping down or else the GOP will claim "virtue signaling" by the democrats for attacking trump for the same reasons.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The Democratic establishment will have to proceed with Biden stepping down or else the GOP will claim "virtue signaling" by the democrats for attacking trump for the same reasons.
i have a feeling they're just not going to attack trump on this front, much like how they limited impeachment to a few points to avoid any controversy.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Since we have two threads, I assume this is specifically for the article.

Is this not easily verifiable by the MSM reporters asking TimesUp if they rejected her?

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
7 women accused him of inappropriate touching or rape?
Serious question as I couldn't find this 7 women thing in the article...

Yes.

Among other stories from early last year:

www.vox.com

Lucy Flores isn’t alone. Joe Biden’s got a long history of touching women inappropriately.

The media gave Biden a pass for years. It won’t in 2020.

www.businessinsider.com

Here are all the times Joe Biden has been accused of acting inappropriately toward women and girls

Eight women have accused Biden of behaving inappropriately. He's also been criticized for his comments about young girls on the campaign trail.

nymag.com

Two More Women Allege Joe Biden Inappropriately Touched Them

That makes a total of four women in the last week who have accused the former vice-president of inappropriate physical contact.

Democrats don't mind having a rapist in the White House as long as it's one of their "team."

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Yes you can and I think you should.
The whole point of that organization is to help women stand up to rich and powerful people.
Are we going to excuse people who stood silent when Trump was accused next?

I am not going to armchair QB an organization that has already done it's fair share of good work.

I have a friend who works at planned parenthood and you can imagine the protocols he's gotta go through to get to work, and it's primarily because the GOP puts on a dog and pony show every few years about baby killing around election time and so its armed guards and CIA level security. That doesn't happen with the explicit permission of a large amount of the populace.

If people barely believe women, who's going to go to bat for an org that's supposed to help them out. Them doing the math of 'We can push this through and it has a good chance of ending our organization' is fucked up, but I can't be mad at them coming up to the conclusion that focusing on lower profile cases will do better in the long run then trying to take down a possible future president because the proof is in the pudding.

It's less an indictment on them, more an indictment of a society that's pretty much cool with sexism where exposing a possible criminal = death of their non for profit. My point is people like 'UGH, DIRTY DEMS' when we all share the blame for how we got here

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am not going to armchair QB an organization that has already done it's fair share of good work.

I have a friend who works at planned parenthood and you can imagine the protocols he's gotta go through to get to work, and it's primarily because the GOP puts on a dog and pony show every few years about baby killing around election time and so its armed guards and CIA level security. That doesn't happen with the explicit permission of a large amount of the populace.

If people barely believe women, who's going to go to bat for an org that's supposed to help them out. Them doing the math of 'We can push this through and it has a good chance of ending our organization' is fucked up, but I can't be mad at them coming up to the conclusion that focusing on lower profile cases will do better in the long run then trying to take down a possible future president because the proof is in the pudding.

It's less an indictment on them, more an indictment of a society that's pretty much cool with sexism where exposing a possible criminal = death of their non for profit. My point is people like 'UGH, DIRTY DEMS' when we all share the blame for how we got here
It's a legal fund for women that started by a bunch of Hollywood celebrities 2 years ago.
I don't think they're above criticism.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since we have two threads, I assume this is specifically for the article.

Is this not easily verifiable by the MSM reporters asking TimesUp if they rejected her?
MSM is giving this absolutely zero coverage and I wouldn't expect them to ever honestly, even if this is true. The media typically will not touch any accusation of a politician without fully vetted evidence these days. They are extra cautious when it comes to politicians.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
MSM is giving this absolutely zero coverage and I wouldn't expect them to ever honestly, even if this is true. The media typically will not touch any accusation of a politician without fully vetted evidence these days. They are extra cautious when it comes to politicians.
But that's what I'm saying. This article is about TimesUp cowering from taking a stand against a politician. That can be investigated and reported on, separately from the actual investigation, no? Like Grim's article doesn't even actually give much light to the new allegation.

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now you see what's it like going after creepy Joe without pillow gloves and party unity fluff

Otnopolit

Oct 28, 2017
So disappointing and upsetting. It really does feel like the DNC is turning a blind eye to his behavior. I truly hope they address it and have him drop out, but I fear this will be buried in the news cycle and debated away acting on in the name of the party. Good news is dead.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
But that's what I'm saying. This article is about TimesUp cowering from taking a stand against a politician. That can be investigated and reported on, separately from the actual investigation, no? Like Grim's article doesn't even actually give much light to the new allegation.
It gives zero, in that even the quotes from TimesUp refer to sexual harassment in the workplace. I'd assume they'd refer to rape/aggressive sexual assault a little differently.

Sounds like all of this could use some meaningful investigative journalism and timeline construction. She cites a supervisor who sent her to deliver a bag to Biden leading to the rape incident. Should be possible to figure out who that person was. A FOIA request should get the allegation she filed in '93 regarding the inappropriate touching. Pretty clear path for meaningful follow up.