• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Please stop with the false equivalency. Biden has had an issue with "personal space" where people now come forward to say that they were "uncomfortable" with his close-talking. But, he is also from a different time and such behavior is more frowned upon today.

That doesn't make it okay. The least he could do is publicly apologize and commit to being better.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
And what happened during the days after that primary? The media announced Biden as the defacto nominee and all his competition dropped the race and people came out left and right to endorse him.

Biden was forced in.
This is and continues to be a crock. The media didn't make anyone vote how they voted and it's some disingenuous conservative-like nonsense to see folks continually trot this out. We can have a discussion about whether the media is unfair or whatever else, but if Bernie wasn't enough of a politician to get the folks to vote for him, that's on him. He got his shot, he couldn't sell it. I voted for him happily so this isn't a case of disliking the guy, but let's be realistic.

edit: wasn't even thinking. Definitely not the topic. So sorry everyone.

Last edited:

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Derailing a serious topic
They don't want it compared to Biden, yes. That doesn't mean they don't want it compared to Trump.

I'd also argue that many do want some of what Sanders is selling in terms of policies, they just aren't voting for him for a variety of reasons.
Yes and one of those reasons is the way that the most ardent Sanders supporters act towards liberal women who don't support their god king Sanders. Mind you it's not the majority of Sanders supporters, most are cool people but the diehards are the worst along with the MAGA idiots.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Biden's campaign was done. He had no money and was constantly dropping in polling results as the weeks went on.

Clearly you're using a terrible definition of "done". He dropped from 1st place all the way down to... 2nd place, and people were treating 2nd place and ten points behind as if he had a 0% chance of winning. That's just totally, utterly ignorant of how previous primaries have played out. Bill Clinton didn't win ANYTHING until Super Tuesday, and then continued to flounder here and there. But people just totally ignored obvious, recent, historical examples to come up with stupid fucking arguments on how the second place guy was totally, utterly fucked, after less than 3% of the country had voted, and a wildly unrepresentative and caucus-heavy 3% at that.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biden should answer to the allegations, and he likely will at some point during the general.

Oct 30, 2017
Then how come Sanders is losing to Biden in the primary? Most people don't want whatever Sanders is selling and suburban women who are the reason why Dems won the House last year largely dislike Sanders.
How come everyone else lost to Biden, then?
Merely losing to Joe Biden is not the barometer of whether or not someone can win against Donald Trump in an election.

Bernie has very high favorability among likely Democratic voters. Bernie not being the number one choice for some voters in the primary is not an indication of whether or not they would have turned out for him in the general election.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
This really doesn't seem different than any of the allegations levied against him before. He is/was known for being an overly handsy guy. If he didn't know better then (he should have), he certainly knows better now. That stuff just isn't acceptable anymore. Regardless, at the end of the day, in contrasting Biden versus Trump, they aren't even remotely in the same ballpark. Still wholeheartedly supporting Biden in the lead up to November.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
figures.

he better have an absolutely killer vp pick unless he drops out or something insane like that happens (if theres other allegations out there)

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And what happened during the days after that primary? The media announced Biden as the defacto nominee and all his competition dropped the race and people came out left and right to endorse him.

Biden was forced in.
A moderate is clearly what the electorate wanted. If your only hope is that the opposing ideology eats each others lunch long enough to guarantee you a plurality rather than actually being able to win over a majority of the electorate then it's obvious that your campaign is on shaky ground.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In a possible debate scenario, I want a moderator to question the amount of claims against both biden and trump as they stand there trying to explain.

The media should also be displaying information on Trump in the same articles

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Biden to start yelling and swearing at his accusers, calling them goddamn liars and whatever other insane names his addled brain comes up with in the moment. Should make for very presidential campaign material.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes and one of those reasons is the way that the most ardent Sanders supporters act towards liberal women who don't support their god king Sanders. Mind you it's not the majority of Sanders supporters, most are cool people but the diehards are the worst along with the MAGA idiots.
So let me get this straight, you're here in this thread about sexual misconduct allegations against Joe Biden defending women from Sanders supporters and completely ignoring the allegation. Is that right?
Fucking garbage

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
It's incredibly disappointing that this is the best the Democratic party could do. Why can't we just find a charismatic public servant under 70 years old who has never been creepy towards women?
Exactly. At best, Biden will stop being an evil pos but he is far from ideal.

Still, dems have to support him unless you literally want 4 more years of Trump to continue destroying the country. I think this was know from day1. We cant have people back out now as sad as I have to say that.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017

cda.png

Most voters don't care what Sanders supports think. They're more concerned with policies and if politicians are listening to them.

Sanders's poor campaign efforts towards older black people did far more damage than some idiots on Twitter ever did.

It's hilarious to me how many self proclaimed political experts on this site have clearly never actually gotten involved with the political process besides Twitter and going to the polls.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly you're using a terrible definition of "done". He dropped from 1st place all the way down to... 2nd place, and people were treating 2nd place and ten points behind as if he had a 0% chance of winning. That's just totally, utterly ignorant of how previous primaries have played out. Bill Clinton didn't win ANYTHING until Super Tuesday, and then continued to flounder here and there. But people just totally ignored obvious, recent, historical examples to come up with stupid fucking arguments on how the second place guy was totally, utterly fucked, after less than 3% of the country had voted, and a wildly unrepresentative and caucus-heavy 3% at that.

Flip the script and see how differently Bernie was treated when he became second place. See how differently the media treated Biden when he became first compared to when Bernie was first.

Sorry but there isnt a comparison. No campaign can overcome what the media wants and projects on to the public. It's disingenuous to solely blame Bernie on the outcome.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So let me get this straight, you're here in this thread about sexual misconduct allegations against Joe Biden defending women from Sanders supporters and completely ignoring the allegation. Is that right?
Fucking garbage
Not at all. I'm responding to another poster referring to reasons for why suburban women arent voting for Sanders.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Wish people would stop comparing his flubs with dementia. Really tiring to read every time he's brought up. It's an insult to people who have or live with someone who unfortunately has succumbed to it. It's not the same.

But also, stop harassing women.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A rich powerful creep, out of the blue, has ties to a relatively poor nation like Ukraine. I wonder what Joe does on his off time there and how he treats vulnerable women he encounters.

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
That doesn't make it okay. The least he could do is publicly apologize and commit to being better.
But, do you disagree with my post? Look, times have changed. Behavior that was viewed as "okay" a generation ago, is no longer "okay." There are degrees of wrong. People are posting about him like he is Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby. It is just not the same and the degree to which people are attacking Biden on this forum right now is out of whack with what he has even been accused of. Trump is a real danger on so many levels and has been accused of actual rape and sexual harassment.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Exactly, time for the Democratic party to fold if this is the best they can come up with...

So you think the DSA has what it takes to replace the Democratic party and defeat the GOP? I wish they did, but no they don't.

I also wish that Biden wasn't the nominee, but that doesn't change the reality we find ourselves in. We can be angry that we didn't get a better outcome for a while, but eventually we need to be adults and do the best we can with the situation we find ourselves in.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I thought Pete took second place after Iowa?

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
But, do you disagree with my post? Look, times have changed. Behavior that was viewed as "okay" a generation ago, is no longer "okay." There are degrees of wrong. People are posting about him like he is Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby. It is just not the same and the degree to which people are attacking Biden on this forum right now is out of whack with what he has even been accused of.Trump is a danger on so many levels.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where has Uncle Joe been recently? Is he busy with pushup contests?
He was being interviewed yesterday on CNN?
cda.png

Most voters don't care what Sanders supports think. They're more concerned with policies and if politicians are listening to them.

Sanders's poor campaign efforts towards older black people did far more damage than some idiots on Twitter ever did.

It's hilarious to me how many self proclaimed political experts on this site have clearly never actually gotten involved with the political process besides Twitter and going to the polls.
People give way too much credence to Twitter regarding anything tbh

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Folks, expect 7 months of this stuff

I guess that this is what Biden fans wanted, a thread where saying "he only has 7 allegations" is possible

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018

Biden was forced in.

That is WRONG. The media was saying that Biden was broke and that Biden's campaign was dead in the days leading up to Super Tuesday. Biden got the turnout and the black vote in South Carolina. That is what saved him -- not the democratic establishment.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): Minimizing sexual harassment and dismissive derail over a series of posts
I see people are already at the rationalization stage.

The primary is over. Best to just move on. What's the value in dragging things out as Sanders continually lies to his supporters about the basics of how delegates work for months?

I donated to Warren. I voted for Warren. When she lost (on the same day as Sanders), I moved on.