• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
The man almost killed a bunch of women and children but decided against it at the last minute.
How gracious of him, I bet no one will give him credit for sparing the lives of these women and children when he didn't have to!

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure how much kudos Biden should get for not deciding to bomb children and civilians.

Lmao, right? Americans here want a fucking cookie for their POTUS not murdering people unilaterally that 1 time?

How about this: gtfo out of Iraq and stop bombing sovereign countries, or at least work together with Congress. And even then, just stop bombing sovereign countries we're not at war with. Pull out the troops and contractors as we've long overstayed our welcome.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm reading too many of these types of posts. WTF
There's a certain subsection of posters here that whines that the OT is too harsh about Biden and are unreasonable. So they play out this victim complex about how "positive" Biden news is downplayed and ignored.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
User Banned (1 Day): Hostility
What drone strikes tho

Biden has launched a single drone since taking office.
Do you genuinely think it'll stop at a single drone strike? This half-assed defending is so fucking laughable and makes you look like a moron because you're not taking America's foreign strategy into account as a whole.

Reminds me of this tweet; guess what happened a week later?

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Now try and avoid killing innocents the rest of the term.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
There's a certain subsection of posters here that whines that the OT is too harsh about Biden and are unreasonable. So they play out this victim complex about how "positive" Biden news is downplayed and ignored.

Well when people used to compare Biden with Obama and even Trump the discussion veered into ridiculous territory. The discussion in this thread has been reasonable unlike the last two.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean...

While it probably seems like it's overstated, there's also truth to it. And it makes sense. If you (not you, specifically) spent the past two summers demonizing Biden and "the dnc" with constant projected worst case scenarios then there's got to be some pent up sunk cost yearning to be vindicated. And also: controversy is simply more discussion-worthy.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Good. Stop funding and arming right wing death squads in Syria, Indonesia, and so many other parts of the world too.

Also, stop funding and arming Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf State monarchies.

Also, kick Turkey out of NATO. They're waging a genocide against Rojava.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Do you genuinely think it'll stop at a single drone strike? This half-assed defending is so fucking laughable and makes you look like a moron because you're not taking America's foreign strategy into account as a whole.

Reminds me of this tweet; guess what happened a week later?

Sorry I meant to wrote hasn't*

The airstrike in Syria you're referring to a week later was not a drone strike.

I mean...

While it probably seems like it's overstated, there's also truth to it. And it makes sense. If you (not you, specifically) spent the past two summers demonizing Biden and "the dnc" with constant projected worst case scenarios then there's got to be some pent up sunk cost yearning to be vindicated. And also: controversy is simply more discussion-worthy.
There are plenty of ostensibly left people online who spent the last four years complaining more about Obama than Trump, and are also the first to spin away or diminish anything positive to come from the Biden administration. Frankly some of the discourse in this thread tracks with that attitude.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
oh wow he didn't kill innocent people, such a valiant and honorable dude????

like am I supposed to praise someone because he killed some people but not other people?
It sure is something. "So, we were going to kill a whole bunch of folks, but then someone told me there were kids among them, so I went 'hey, we're not barbarians, right'?! We'll have to kill more people some other time." Imagine the logic being applied on a smaller scale, with a serial stabber or some shit. "He's not like the previous stabber in town, who stabbed people indiscriminately! This guy refused to stab kids! Gotta respect the new standard being set!"

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
How do we know that those 22 people who were killed were not civilians? How is this distinction actually determined?

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
How do we know that those 22 people who were killed were not civilians? How is this distinction actually determined?

According to the Pentagon any military aged male is considered a combatant and not a civilian.

A military aged male is anyone over the age of 16 according to the Pentagon. However since the Department of Defense regularly bombs war zones and poor countries, there usually isn't any documentation verifying that the US bombed a 16 year old boy and not a 12 year old boy (which is actually extremely common).

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

Last I looked the only, as in one singular person, who has been confirmed to be killed in the "22 people" strike was a member of a foreign (as in, not Syrian but went there to fight for Assad) militia that has committed atrocities against civilians and murdered UN aid workers.

There may well be more dead but so far that's been it for confirmed casualties.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember during the Obama admin any military age male, which I think is 16, was considered a "militant" would be interesting to see if this has changed.

Under Obama, Men Killed by Drones Are Presumed to Be Terrorists

The revelation helps explain why American counts of civilians killed are so much lower than what's reported by other countries

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
According to the Pentagon any military aged male is considered a combatant and not a civilian.

A military aged male is anyone over the age of 16 according to the Pentagon. However since the Department of Defense regularly bombs war zones and poor countries, there usually isn't any documentation verifying that the US bombed a 16 year old boy and not a 12 year old boy (which is actually extremely common).

So effectively the entire male population of a country are fair targets so long as they are older than 16. Another thing that's nuts is how the US can bomb people, the people that get bombed retaliate by attacking US targets in their own country, and then America is like "well now I am within my right to retaliate back even though I am the one who started all of this."

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Ok I'll concede that but it doesn't really address my point or this thread. Trying to preemptively paint Biden as compassionate or a president out of the norm, when we both know strikes will continue. What is even the point of it other than trying to make the leftists on this forum look dumb (which seems to be your goal).

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
There are plenty of ostensibly left people online who spent the last four years complaining more about Obama than Trump, and are also the first to spin away or diminish anything positive to come from the Biden administration. Frankly some of the discourse in this thread tracks with that attitude.
...what on earth is this, dude.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is this where we are? According to some of you, we should be coming into this thread and congratulating Biden for not murdering women and children?

The expectation should be that this just doesn't happen. Don't care if you're Biden, Bernie, or anyone else. Like, yeah, I'm extremely glad he didn't kill women and kids. People are pretending like posters just want to be outraged about Biden when they're actually pissed off about the things that he's done. Some people have a personal involvement with these issues which are dear to them (like the US bombing other countries/slaughtering brown people)

He still fucking murdered 22 other people, I guess, uh we should be in here expressing our gratitude that he decided not to murder more people?

"Obama and Trump would have done it".. alright? That's like the lowest bar imaginable

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Your bar is really fucking low if this is a pass for Biden for you. Give the same kid 15 years and he becomes radicalized because we probably killed someone he loved we will be having the same damn conversation when another Dem bombs him to death for killing a soldier. When we shouldn't even be in the country at all. You guys need to stop giving a pass to endless war.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京

he literally let people continue to live their life. what are you talking about

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I, too, hate it that Biden isn't getting enough credit for sending his jets to a foreign country to bomb the hell outta its citizens, but then refraining on news of presence of women and children. What a paragon of virtue.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
To the people expecting praise for biden not murdering children; what fucking right does President Biden have to even bomb Syria?

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fucking hell.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

This isn't a positive because he still killed people. "He could have killed more people" isn't the positive news you seem to think it is. Endless wars are bad. Bombing people is bad.

Is this where we are? According to some of you, we should be coming into this thread and congratulating Biden for not murdering women and children?

The expectation should be that this just doesn't happen. Don't care if you're Biden, Bernie, or anyone else. Like, yeah, I'm extremely glad he didn't kill women and kids. People are pretending like posters just want to be outraged about Biden when they're actually pissed off about the things that he's done. Some people have a personal involvement with these issues which are dear to them (like the US bombing other countries/slaughtering brown people)

He still fucking murdered 22 other people, I guess, uh we should be in here expressing our gratitude that he decided not to murder more people?

"Obama and Trump would have done it".. alright? That's like the lowest bar imaginable

This.

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
We're so sorry King Biden. We are grateful for not letting these women and kids die.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Is this worth discussing in general as a difference to the last admin? Hell yes.
Should he get brownie points? Hell no.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like he might end up being genuinely better than Obama on this issue, but we'll have to see. And that's still a really low bar. I don't feel comfortable praising him for this, but it's good to see.

an improvement, but we've still got a long way to go
Is this worth discussing in general as a difference to the last admin? Hell yes.
Should he get brownie points? Hell no.
Yeah, basically my thoughts as well.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe, just maybe we shouldn't be bombing people in the middle east still, because it doesn't seem like the past 30 years of bombing everyone in the middle east has accomplished much. How about a change of plans? You know just saying.

Well, the alternative is ground troops, neither are really good options.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017

You know, I am always amazed at the complete flip in attitudes, excuses, and callousness people display the second their "team" is in power. I've seen more right-wing talking points and right-wing framing on issues genuinely advocated here on ERA in the last several months than I have in the last several years. It is both utterly predictable and disappointing at the same time.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Now that's what I call JOE-MENTUM!

In all seriousness, this report (PR) is pathetic. No points awarded to Joe for killing less people than he could have.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The constant killing of people in conflicts around the world by America has been completely normalized by the media.

This is just what America does apparently.