• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LoadRunner

Sep 19, 2020
I'm waiting to get it all, 4 HDMI2.1 ports, great HDR, Dolby Vision/Apple TV support, an amazing picture, and no burn in! Just gonna wait until the consoles release and experts can run them through the mill.

KnightOwl

Oct 25, 2017
oh shieet

that one is in my price range

is it as solid as people make it seem?

Just got mine setup 2 days ago. I'm really impressed with it so far, android TV is super snappy, all the apps are working great, dolby vision looks fantastic, good screen uniformity, blacks are surprisingly good and it gets pretty damn bright as well. Really happy with the TV and ready to hook up a PS5. I got the 55" and calibrated it using rtings.com

Fixuis

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
For going with non OLED screens and budgeting concerns, the next best thing that CNET recommends is the TCL 8 Series which has mini led tech which is the next big thing until microled( which will be the true thing to go for when it launches at affordable prices in a few years)

David always does a great job with his reviews

www.cnet.com

TCL 8-Series review: TV tech tour de force gives superb performance

TCL threw the kitchen sink at the 8-Series: Mini-LED, QLED, 4K and HDR, with a price tag to match. So how does it compare to the best sets on the market?

Hoping to see this in person soon and report back.

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
It's worth to upgrade to a tv with hdmi 2.1? For next gen consoles? I just want 60fps at 4K.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless you're getting a CX, it seems you'll be compromising on something. I think I'll stick with my X900F another year and see what Sony puts out next year before deciding between that and whatever the 2021 LG OLED turns out to be.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth to upgrade to a tv with hdmi 2.1? For next gen consoles? I just want 60fps at 4K.

If you don't care about 4K/120, lossless audio through eARC, or VRR, then you likely don't need HDMI 2.1. I would still say if you're getting a TV and don't plan to upgrade for a long time afterward that it's probably still better to get an HDMI 2.1 set.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have my trusty ks6500 so will wait for 2021-22 TVs! Maybe micro led or oled by then 🥰
Micro LED might be a pipe dream - HDTVTest said it won't be feasible for consumers for at least the next 5 years.

Mini LED might be decent though. Samsung will release a mini LED set next year.

I am hoping for a nice mini LED set at 48 inches. That would be the dream to use as a PC monitor.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Micro LED might be a pipe dream - HDTVTest said it won't be feasible for consumers for at least the next 5 years.

Mini LED might be decent though. Samsung will release a mini LED set next year.

I am hoping for a nice mini LED set at 48 inches. That would be the dream to use as a PC monitor.

i see ok lets see where things are in 2 years

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How future proof is the q80t? is considerable cheaper than the CX where I live and I want a tv for the xsx

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
So, back on this thread after the consoles have been released. Any new recommendation? I'm in the market for a new 55" TV. Just need something decent for the next 5-6 years.

OP
OP
manustany

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
So, back on this thread after the consoles have been released. Any new recommendation? I'm in the market for a new 55" TV. Just need something decent for the next 5-6 years.
I suggest you to wait a few months until new TVs are released. Both Samsung Q90T and LG CX have major issues with VRR, plus "minor" problems with screen uniformity/dimming bugs/ghosting/crushed blacks.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I suggest you to wait a few months until new TVs are released. Both Samsung Q90T and LG CX have major issues with VRR, plus "minor" problems with screen uniformity/dimming bugs/ghosting/crushed blacks.

Ah shit I'm so unlucky with timing. Just bought a new house and in desperate need of a new tv lol. Thanks for the info though.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
What are you guys with Q80T doing if you have a PS5 and a Series X? with only a single HDMI 2.1 port??!?

OP
OP
manustany

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Currently having Series X on port 4 since there are some titles supporting 4K/120 and PS5 on port 3.
I know this is going to be a problem in the future but hey...