• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Even if you don't own a Xbox, PlayStation or Nintendo console, there are sometimes games that can give you a similar experience on your owned machine. Let's list some of them and discuss what they do well and not.

Bug Fables for a more classic Paper Mario experience than the recent Paper Mario games, available also on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

ReCore for one of the few games that scratch that Metroid itch, available on Xbox One and PC (and finally much improved since the Definitive Edition)

Maybe people can discover some new franchises thanks to the thread :)

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any good open world racing games like Forza Horizon on PlayStation?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

NFS: Heat
Burnout Paradise
The Crew 2
NFS

I would personally recommend The Crew 2 out of those, but even then I don't actually think The Crew 2 is a great game. But it's a pretty good one with a varied offering of racing styles and whatnot. It's more complete now than it was at launch too, as modes like pvp were missing at launch, but added later. So I wouldn't pay much attention to the release day reviews.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
Patapon like game for Switch or Xbox :(
i fell in love with it on my psp, but never owned a playstation after that generation, beside the fact i can play my cousin console as much as i like but still not mine

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe

Alas not. Sony really missed a trick not getting the DriveClub team to make Gran Turismo Horizon.

There's The Crew 2, but it's not very good. NFS Heat is okay, but it doesn't really have the Horizon vibe it being mostly (but not exclusively) city based.

OP
OP
crazillo

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for your initial recommendations particularly in the racing game genre. Any other examples that spring to your mind?

I'd love if this could be a thread where people voice their desires what to play and then have others recommend on the basis of their experiences :)