• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom

Having all the Doctors, including Peter Capaldi who wasn't going to take over the role of the Doctor until the next season help save Gallifrey in the 50th Anniversary episode was pretty great, even if most of them were just re-used clips from old episodes of Doctor Who.

This is mine - just because it's the only episode of TV I watched at the cinema and everyone was losing their shit {which is more unusual in the UK than cinemas elsewhere from my experience).

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
BSG and Lost had some major hype-scenes during their runs. Which reminds me to give Lost a re-watch, havent seen it since its initial run, I wonder if it held up. Also wonder how it is to see it without the season breaks in between, hehe

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need to rewatch BSG

But

The single hypest moment of all TV history is easy

Twin Peaks: The Return
when Agent Cooper finally returns, the entire end of that episode is incredible, especially when the main theme hits
This, after all the build up, the release in that episode was just too much. What a perfect season of television.

ShimmyShakes

Nov 1, 2017
For real, if you're counting events of significance and not just moments from scripted shows, there can be no other answer than the moon landing.

What else comes even remotely close?

Oct 25, 2017
Pegasus vs Galactica might be it for me. BSG wouldn't even make my top ten shows ever list but that mid season two finale was fucking riveting and the definition of hype.

Nov 26, 2017
This is probably my personal favorite moment

And this just because of the cameos
Also "Hello old friend"

Last edited:

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
24 has loads of great moments, but the last episode of season 1, and that sequence of events towards the end of season 8 are hype as fuck.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Another vote for the Adama Maneuver. Like many have said, outside of sport I think it's the only thing that's made me actually cheer out loud.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
To me it was the CERN communication of the live event for Brout-Englert-Higgs boson results from Atlas and CMS experiments.
Normal, non essential gives a publication
Advancing knowledge result gives written public statement
This was live worldwide event following preliminary very encouraging results ;)

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring news events, it has to be LOST.

Probably 'We have to go back', but any of the S1, 2 or 3 finale's.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Kirk Gibson with busted ass legs hitting the walk off home run to win the game with the Dodgers down 1 with 2 outs left in the bottom of the 9th of the 1st game in 1988 World Series.

You could hear all of LA from their homes cheering. Shit was wild.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
lost-241.jpg

There was so much speculation during the break, I remember buying a TV guide magazine because they revealed what was inside that hatch.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It was probably the chalk zone theme song every time it was on tv, it's still a hell of a song

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Having all the Doctors, including Peter Capaldi who wasn't going to take over the role of the Doctor until the next season help save Gallifrey in the 50th Anniversary episode was pretty great, even if most of them were just re-used clips from old episodes of Doctor Who.

The only way this would have been better was if no one knew Capaldi was already signed up.

But yeah, this was an incredible moment.

Keeping the theme of Battlestar going, for me it's the All Along The Watchtower moment and the season-long buildup... but it's massive, huge spoilers for a pivotal moment in the show:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
On BSG, one of my favorite scenes of the whole show is Lee's Speech (you know wich one). I'm not sure it counts as "hype", but i fucking love that scene.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

Everything, but particularly from "But don't worry, I started a very long time ago" to "No, sir, all thirteen".

That is how you celebrate fifty years of a show.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
The only way this would have been better was if no one knew Capaldi was already signed up.

But yeah, this was an incredible moment.

Keeping the theme of Battlestar going, for me it's the All Along The Watchtower moment and the season-long buildup... but it's massive, huge spoilers for a pivotal moment in the show:

As hype as it was, the identities of the Final Four felt like they just threw darts at a board. The previous eight at least made sense and were built up to.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Everything, but particularly from "But don't worry, I started a very long time ago" to "No, sir, all thirteen".

That is how you celebrate fifty years of a show.

Yep. They nailed it, completely.

Alternative answer: The build-up to the Master returning in Utopia. We all saw it coming, but what a pay-off!

OP
OP
exodus

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
BSG and Lost had some major hype-scenes during their runs. Which reminds me to give Lost a re-watch, havent seen it since its initial run, I wonder if it held up. Also wonder how it is to see it without the season breaks in between, hehe

Having recently rewatched Lost, it hasn't hold up as well as I remembered. It's a very bloated show compared to BSG's much tighter pacing.

But that Season 2 opening is still amazing.