• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
WOW, fuck Maria this stuff getting GUUUUUUD; even if it did required a big suspension of belief with Jacopo being a fucking moron

also.. Marie is giving me hella Nellie vibes

Last edited:

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Well damn the game starts getting to be a slog at the "true" 4th door, I hope it picks up again but it's just a depressing mess right now & a little all over the place. At the part where Giselle wakes up from the cold & I'm close to just dropping the game but I've put so much time in at this point.

do not see how this game gets the praise it does if I'm being honest the writing is really bad sometimes with the "......." & onomatopoeias constantly, so far it doesn't even come close to Dangan or Steins;Gate/ Chaos Child.

Last edited:

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
Oh wow, I found a physical copy of this game on Vita recently (nearly $90 Canadian!), and...

...what a slay, worth it so far. The art, the music, the writing... I only just started Door 3.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I found a physical copy of this game on Vita recently (nearly $90 Canadian!), and...

...what a slay, worth it so far. The art, the music, the writing... I only just started Door 3.

If you're enjoying it now, get ready to have your brain melted. I was down on it at first, thought it was boring and predictable, but hoooooooooo boy after the third door, hang onto your pants.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
If you're enjoying it now, get ready to have your brain melted. I was down on it at first, thought it was boring and predictable, but hoooooooooo boy after the third door, hang onto your pants.
Gaga is a flop but Fata Morgana is not! 👏
I'm @ Door 5

JeMj1Zm.gif

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the necrobump. I'm afraid of getting spoiled on google or the steam forums.
Just reached the 4th door and
the game has started glitching. Backlog has become messy with random words missing,
and experienced a crash to the desktop when the steam controller stopped working. I've tried the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" thing a couple of times to no avail. I'm playing the Steam version from a SDD on W10. Game was working fine till now.

I've play my fair amount of VNs so I wouldn´t be suprised if it's just the game trying to mess with me, but the crash left me a bit concerned. Is it normal?

Last edited:

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
Okay. I shall proceed then. Thanks.

I'll be back once I'm done. I just noticed the
hidden red texts
so I guess it's intentional and the crash was just a coincidence

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
If it did not involvement harassment of the parties involved with the release, the manufactured outrage about three words in the script would be quite hilarious.

Nishastra

Oct 27, 2017
If it did not involvement harassment of the parties involved with the release, the manufactured outrage about three words in the script would be quite hilarious.
It's just a great example of how those types work.

They understand literally nothing about the game... though if they did, they'd probably hate it more.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For a little more context, a bunch of shitty purist weebs found out that Fata Morgana had translated tsundere (with additional context) as fragile male ego. The fallout's about what you'd expect.

Novectacle agree with the translation too.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread.

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed the boat on this game despite generally loving VNs (Umineko, Steins Gate, ever17) and only just noticed it after the above mentioned twitter hysteria. It sounds incredible and I'd love to get it but first just a question to those who've played: I've read it's quite graphic and has been sorted as a "horror" VN on some sites. Is that accurate? For reference, something like Saya no Uta completely turned my stomach and I couldn't finish it so if it's on that level, then regrettably I may pass on this one.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed the boat on this game despite generally loving VNs (Umineko, Steins Gate, ever17) and only just noticed it after the above mentioned twitter hysteria. It sounds incredible and I'd love to get it but first just a question to those who've played: I've read it's quite graphic and has been sorted as a "horror" VN on some sites. Is that accurate? For reference, something like Saya no Uta completely turned my stomach and I couldn't finish it so if it's on that level, then regrettably I may pass on this one.
If you've read and enjoyed Umineko, you're fine here imo. It's got some horror trappings, and it's kind of dark in places, but it's no Saya.

Its actual genre is a little hard to pin down, but I wouldn't call it a horror story.

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
If you've read and enjoyed Umineko, you're fine here imo. It's got some horror trappings, and it's kind of dark in places, but it's no Saya.

Its actual genre is a little hard to pin down, but I wouldn't call it a horror story.

Thanks for that! Umineko was creepy in parts, but mostly at the beginning before the magic. I'll go ahead and get it then.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
And finished. The pace dies a bit at the end, but otherwise it's a terrific game. The themes it touches, and how the characters are written, it's truly unique. Both The Maid and Michel are amazing.

I would rank Ever17 higher, but this is definetively TOP5 VN for me.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just started this last night. Been hoping for a sale before I had time to get around to it... but last night I told myself.. fuck it. Let's go.

Finished the first door. It's a treat so far. Not been what I expected at all though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So how's reincarnation? I'm here waiting for a sale that'll never happened since I already placed the PC version.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
So how's reincarnation? I'm here waiting for a sale that'll never happened since I already placed the PC version.
Reincarnation is fun. Unlike Requiem, I wouldn't exactly call it required reading, but it's a nice way to tie things up and it's enjoyable throughout. I turned off the voice acting almost immediately though, it just feels weird after reading the rest of the game voiceless with a localisation that is decidedly not that anime, for a lack of a better term.

(Imo the real big reason to get the ps4/vita version is all the new short stories, there are some VERY good ones in there, be sure to check those out)

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Ah ha ha after this game made me beyond depressed after getting 3 endings & the whole Bollinger estate thing, I'm back at it for those other 5 endings. Chapter V just fucked me all the way up.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Wait for the actual ending. Totally worth it and you'll cry more
It's been 8 months but maybe you can help me fill in some blanks in my head real quick
is Giselle in that chapter of the story the black haired maid I vaguely remember that reveal?

Vazra

Oct 26, 2017
It's been 8 months but maybe you can help me fill in some blanks in my head real quick
is Giselle in that chapter of the story the black haired maid I vaguely remember that reveal?
You are correct. The Maid is Gisele and they actually changed the sprite of The Maid to make it fit better with Gisele sprite after launch on Steam

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
You are correct. The Maid is Gisele and they actually changed the sprite of The Maid to make it fit better with Gisele sprite after launch on Steam
Awesome, thanks you. I'm still confused on how Michel and the arch-angel fit into all this but I'm definitely glad I jumped back in, at least I was smart enough to get the hardest ending before I dropped it so it looks like I'm just playing through minus that "deny" choice.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I recall reading somewhere in the past that they would bring Reincarnation to steam, is that still the case?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Started The Haunting of Bly Manor this weekend before doubling back to start The Haunting of Hill House which I hadn't yet seen, and man, Fata Morgana could make for an amazing third series. As soon as I saw the locked door and stained glass window in Hill House I couldn't get it out of my head, and it's such a great match tonally.

24-hour-later edit: Having finished the first series my feelings on this have roughly tripled lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
There we go! The Nintendo Switch port comes out tomorrow and I can't wait for more people to experience this game.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One of my all time favorite stories across all mediums. I hope this release can really bring more people into it. Can't wait to get my LRG copy when it comes in eventually. Really though people, this game is something special. Please take a look if even slightly interested.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ahhhh im so excited, wish i could justify grabbing it on switch but ill have to wait till i got the money

rly wanna reread it

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
So I may want to play this, is there an option to auto play the story? SO I can sit back with a whiskey and watch, and not on youtube.
I understand there's some user inputs required, but something to play at night and relax would be cool if I don't have to keep clicking A

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I may want to play this, is there an option to auto play the story? SO I can sit back with a whiskey and watch, and not on youtube.
I understand there's some user inputs required, but something to play at night and relax would be cool if I don't have to keep clicking A
That's how I played it. You can even adjust the speed at which the text moves.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying this for sure, I read the main story and I consider it the best story I have ever experienced.

So I'm getting this to play everything else that I'm missing.