• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
mando_104-5_bd059560-h_2019_0.jpg

Aaron Couch said:
Disney CEO Bob Iger has given a closer look at when upcoming Disney+ shows will be debuting.

August will see the release of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Marvel Studios first Disney+ series. That will be followed in October by season two of The Mandalorian, the hit Star Wars show created by Jon Favreau. And in December, Marvel will unveil WandaVision, which stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany as Scarlet Witch and Vision, respectively.
The August date for F&WS was mentioned by various trades for a while, but the other two are new.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
We just saw footage of Wanda 2 days ago and it won't be ready till fucking Christmas, damn,

karmaforgotme

Oct 27, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Well I canceled Disney+ once I finished The Mandalorian. I guess I will re-sub to it around November again. Also I am pretty much over MCU, but WandaVision does have my interest.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eternals sandwiched in the middle in November

Gonna be a fun fall with all of that

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
Iger has repeatedly gone on at length about the success of The Mandalorian on the call. Says the short-term future of Star Wars is on television.

He basically implied we'll see Mandalorian spinoffs, as well.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Iger has repeatedly gone on at length about the success of The Mandalorian on the call. Says the short-term future of Star Wars is on television.

As long as the production values are on par, make as many as you want.

The stigma that comes with "spin-off" made me wince for a second, but I trust them to not cheap out just to bank on a name, this is DIsney we are talking about, the makers of Aladdin and the King of Thieves.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So assuming if Agents of Shield final season airs in May, FATWS will start streaming around the the time AoS ends

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The layover between Far From Home to Black Widow has been downright painful, but once August hits, there's no end to the MCU content.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
WandaVision looked like it would come sooner,i know it was originally scheduled for 2021 but the footage looked finished,i thought an august/september release

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
So basically even for die hard Disney stans, there's no reason to have this service for the next 6 months unless you have kids - which, quite frankly, is even questionable with Netflix having just acquired the Ghibli library outside of the US.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So basically even for die hard Disney stans, there's no reason to have this service for the next 6 months unless you have kids - which, quite frankly, is even questionable with Netflix having just acquired the Ghibli library outside of the US.
Because kids just want to sit down and watch Ghibli movies all the time? Not saying Disney+ is worth it, but come on.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

I mean you say that. and you have the fact that people that 65% of people that watched Mandalorian watched 10 other shows.

I think people are overselling the fact that people are/were cancelling in droves.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
The idea of mass cancellations post-Mandalorian by anyone other than hardcore geeks who micro manage their monthly subscriptions (i.e. me!) underestimates what kind of audience Disney attracted with more than 20 million subscribers.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the three unannounced shows, they are likely some combination of S.W.O.R.D., Ultimates, Ms. America, Thunderbolts, or Young Avengers, all of which have groundwork being laid in the other shows.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Wolverine

Get all his background and personal drama out of the way in a TV show, and let the other X-Men dominate the movies while he's the cool dude stayin reserved and quiet in the corner until he's really needed.

I love this idea. I want TONS of mutant Disney+ shows and have the big X-men event movies on screen.

Give me my Maggott show, Iger.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty long break from the end of Mando S1 to Falcon & WS

Well, it's going to be 6 episodes long, so i'd be, at max, 6 weeks between mando and FAWS (2 weeks in September, and then 4 weeks in October, if Mando premieres at the end of the month)

As long as the production values are on par, make as many as you want.

The stigma that comes with "spin-off" made me wince for a second, but I trust them to not cheap out just to bank on a name, this is DIsney we are talking about, the makers of Aladdin and the King of Thieves.

And the Return of Jafar.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017

I'm okay with this. TV has proven to be a very strong medium for Star Wars.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We are really getting a show based off of a magical witch and her robot husband.

What a time to be alive.