• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Great way to end out the year.

Four minutes in and we already have our favorite "four wheeled mode of transportation" frame rule analogy.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice! I love these deep dives into how runs evolve. Summoning Salt is incredible. Will watch this as soon as I can!

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course AndrewG had a piece of the record for a while.

I'll catch this one on the next frame rule!
This is his 6th upload this year, meaning he uploads about one every 316,224,000 frames assuming non-PAL hardware. Now imagine a bus arrives once every 316,224,000 frames. If you show up on the 1st frame, you'd need to wait about 2 months for a bus to arrive and take you to the next Summoning Salt video. But if you arrive on the 316,223,999th frame, you'll barely need to wait at all between uploads!

OP
OP
WestEgg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished. Pretty good video, seems likely the record will be broken soon though.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the twist early on where homeboy beat the glitch world record by just going glitchless. I would quit lol.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watched this when it was premiering live on Twitch, first watch party I've been in for a Summoning Salt video. One of the rare times Twitch chat added onto the experience. Mario 2 is wilder than I ever knew.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
His opening tune now sets me in the right mood in one 1s flat.
Every time I hear that opening tune, I feel nostalgic for games and speedruns that I had no involvement with. There's something oddly melancholic about seeing clips from an earlier time of recorded games with poor audio, poor quality capture, and people figuring out little tricks for their specific speedrun game of choice.

Georgeishon

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2018
Finally got time to watch it. Excellent as always. I wonder how much time it takes to make one of this videos.

Nov 27, 2017
For some reason it bothers me that he always says Super Mario "Bros" instead of "Brothers", even though I guess that's technically how the game title is spelled out.