• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I hope to have the last laugh when we elect a moderate in 2020, nothing gets done and then our country elects a smarter, more dangerous Trump in 2024 and pulls the country even further right.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I buy it. It was also said that he felt that Warren running would have been a repudiation of his presidency

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I want to see the reactions if this ends up being true. Would be pretty wild.

With his recent comments about outrage culture and "don't go too far-left", I honestly think this might've happened.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't want to believe this, therefore I won't and discredit this as fake news.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll believe it when I actually see him do it. I have no reason to believe the word of one random person when another person hasn't heard it

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
This is so out there for how Obama usually acts that I can't fathom it being true. Even if he does believe it there's no way he'd say it publicly.

maxxpower

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
This is insane, jesus christ. I wish I had that privilege
I have no privilege. The next far-right president could kick me the fuck out of this country just because of the color of my skin. We need to move this country even a little bit to the left before the next far-right president takes over.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Obama saying something like this in private. For all his talk in 2008 about hope and change, Obama was always a total believer in the system. Someone like Trump is a threat to the illusion but not to the system itself. Sanders is far more danger to the ruling class that Obama belongs to, and served for his 8 years as president.

Would he have actually done it, spoken publicly against Sanders? I doubt he'd have the balls to if Bernie won the nomination. Obama is first and foremost a coward.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds incredibly uncharacteristic of Obama. Doesn't jive with any of his other decision making or sentiments on issues.

I don't want to call outright bullshit, but if true, it'd be the first thing Obama has done in a while that wasn't well-considered.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
I have no privilege. The next far-right president could kick me the fuck out of this country just because of the color of my skin. We need to move this country even a little bit to the left before the next far-right president takes over.

Anyone tired of trying to slowly crawl to the left must be a rich white dude, apparently.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You wishing to have a worse person than trump in office, a man already with blood on his hands just because you can say "I told you so", it's either privilege or apathy to the point of cruelty

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Really, Barry? Not you too. Sad times, brehs... Bams is washed.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I want to see the reactions if this ends up being true. Would be pretty wild.

With his recent comments about outrage culture and "don't go too far-left", I honestly think this might've happened.

Remember when posters were, with a straight face, trying to claim that his comments weren't addressing Sanders and Warren?

And how he also criticized Biden by saying 'don't just rest on what has been done?'

Of course that last part was bullshit, since he then suggested that improving Obamacare would be a great 'home starter' for a candidate (which is Biden's position).

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
If true it really confirms what a piece of shit Obama is and always has been.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never gotten the impression Obama ever liked him. Same the other way. Sanders has always had this super bitterness when it came to Obama. He didn't really hide it when he'd be on radios shows weekly talking about how Obama needed to be primaried out going into 2012 and even after that. I guess I get it. Obama rose higher and faster and accomplished more in a few years than Sanders did his entire career and then some. I think that likely might explain his bitterness toward others as well who have done more and will be remembered far more favorably.
This is such a weird post. You immediately jump to some petty 'jealous of his success' bullshit when the obvious source of conflict would be the stark ideological differences between them. Warren also clashed with the Obama admin over policy, you think she's just jealous of Obama too?

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before people say that it's out of character for Obama to say something like this:

www.nytimes.com

Obama on Call-Out Culture: ‘That’s Not Activism’ (Published 2019)

The former president challenged young activists for being judgmental. “You should get over that quickly,” he said.

"This idea of purity and you're never compromised and you're always politically 'woke' and all that stuff," Mr. Obama said. "You should get over that quickly."

"The world is messy; there are ambiguities," he continued. "People who do really good stuff have flaws. People who you are fighting may love their kids, and share certain things with you."

"How dare the filthy plebs critique their betters?"

Obama has class loyalty to the rich and powerful first, before any other impulse. Bernie Sanders absolutely threatens that dynamic.

Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget that one of Obama's largest campaign contributors was Goldman Sachs.

But he strikes me as too careful and measured for me to take an allegation like this at face value. I don't think he wants to tarnish his legacy and doing something like this could jeopardize that in an instant by going public with such views.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is so out there for how Obama usually acts that I can't fathom it being true. Even if he does believe it there's no way he'd say it publicly.

His comments were 2016 when no one thought trump could win.

Lest you forget, Hilary AND Obama tag teamed Sanders/Warren when Warren surged and tied Biden.

Hilary FUDED the Wealth Tax and Obama did his 'let's not move too far left, Americans don't want a revolution'

This shit is plain as day, they're trying to tip the scales.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This thread is a great litmus test to see who already disliked Obama and will believe anything just so they can go "SEE? SEE???"

3bdelilah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Regardless of whether or not this is factual, Obama himself warned Democrats not to go "too left". Who's the most left out of all the candidates? Bernie without a shred of doubt. The old (meaning young) Obama, the hungry politician who was gunning the establishment, has become one himself. He's become a centrist, and the US doesn't need someone like him. Of course he's against someone who's actively running against Obama's own interests. Fuck him.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
Call bullshit, sanders might not be his guy but Obama wouldn't stop him.

^. In the last "out of context Obama quote" thread we had, Obama said he would support who ever the nominee is.

"We have a field of very accomplished, very serious and passionate and smart people who have a history of public service," Obama said. "And whoever emerges from the primary process, I will work my tail off to make sure they are the next president."

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Keeping it 100%. Much like another Chicago brother in Kanye, it's super obvious that time, money and circumstance really fucking changes people.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't want to believe this, therefore I won't and discredit this as fake news.
it is an incendiary pull, out of order, by The Hill, of a significantly longer Politico article about Obama's endorsement strategy. It also doesn't really mention when the bernie remarks were made and is such a footnote in the 5,500 word Politico piece that it's hard to believe The Hill didn't tailor-make their headline and their piggyback journalism to enrage Bernie's core and drive more traffic their way.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This is such a weird post. You immediately jump to some petty 'jealous of his success' bullshit when the obvious source of conflict would be the stark ideological differences between them. Warren also clashed with the Obama admin over policy, you think she's just jealous of Obama too?
The feeling between Obama and Warren felt like policy differences. The stuff between Obama and Sanders, especially coming from Sanders always felt different and like there was much more to it.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
liberals will rather be in bed with fascist than with anyone to the left of them, disgusting.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I really don't believe this is true. It would be quite stupid of Obama to do actually. People will react by asking "Hangon, what are you doing attacking him during THIS election cycle?" The potential for a backfire is just way too high.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Neoliberal speaks out against anti neoliberalist policies?

Colour me suprised.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
Aren't Politico pieces about stuff politicians supposedly said in private often bullshit? They just avoid writing anything too unbelievable or anything shocking enough to be directly contested.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I dont believe this story but I wouldn't put it past a centrist

See UK Labour centrists. One has outright urged voters to vote for the conservatives