• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Find some of this hard to believe, even as a filthy American.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Granted it's difficult to judge something like this accurately but that top 10 seems wrong. Unless it's for US and not the world

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
More like in america

No cricket players and only 2football players show how america centric this is

Engell

Oct 28, 2017
just a reminder... USA is not equal to World.

also big lolz at Aaron Rodgers, thats not even US worthy

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no. Brady is incredibly famous for the sport he plays but American Football and the resulting celebrity is incredibly confined to the USA with very light fandom anywhere else in terms of the big picture. He's not even remotely close to many soccer stars, and some golf and tennis players probably have more fame.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
no way is he above Tiger Woods let alone Messi and Ronaldo

Oct 30, 2017
there is absolutely no way on earth #1 is anyone other than cristiano ronaldo.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I don't even know what this Brady guy looks like. As a non-US person, Serena Williams and Tiger Woods are infinitely more recognisable US athletes. I don't even know what sport Aaron Rodgers plays so I'd definitely push Federer up.

But yeah, Messi and Ronaldo would surely be vying for the top spot.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that MJ isn't no 1 shows how crap this list is even if it is only for the US

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In the wider world I'd say Brady isn't that well known, like my wife would never have heard of him but 100% would know who Tiger Woods is despite not liking golf

As a sports fan in general I've not heard of some of those guys in the top 10

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
for non-americans, cowherd is a troll clearly winding y'all up. pls don't fall for it.

too latei guess 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

lol this is also from 2018.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Top 10 personalities with an overinflated opinion of the importance of the US:

1. Colin Cowherd

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Americans sure love to smell their own farts. Imagine putting the #1 most popular athlete on a sports game that's almost exclusively played in the US....

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If youre gonna put an athlete at #1 who plays a sport that is only popular in one country, at least put a cricket star up there

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Granted, I'm not that much into sports, but putting Tom Brady above Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Tiger Woods and Roger Federer seems incredibly dumb. I'm 100% willing to bet that those four names are more well-known worldwide than some dude who plays a sport that is only popular in the USA.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Top 10 most famous athlete in the world * ** *** **** *****
* in the US
** currently active
*** in the sports I like
**** in a bullshit arbitrary order
***** 3 years ago

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Aaron Rodgers is the best one. Like who even is that. It's like the million pound question for who wants to be a millionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.