• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

I'm being specific because other threads from August with the previous teaser were also called "the haunting of bly manor - trailer" lol. Anyway, in Mike Flanagan we trust!

OP
OP
Rhaknar

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what to expect from this season from that trailer, which is good I guess.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still looks great, still have my reservations with Flanagan not directing everything though. Either way, something to watch in October!

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible looking, way better than the underwhelming teaser. Mike Flanagan is easily in my top tier of directors/creators I enjoy now, I'm really hyped we'll have this in just around 2 weeks.

Interesting recurring themes around water and dolls in that trailer.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So Mike isn't directing every episode but he was still involved with writing it correct?

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Mike isn't directing every episode but he was still involved with writing it correct?

He is the executive producer/a writer/the showrunner and directed 2 episodes.

He also has a new Netflix show under production now called Midnight Mass in which he is directing all episodes.

Macattk15

Nov 4, 2017
Does this one tie into Season 1 at all? I haven't watched Season 1 yet, but will probably jump into this ... and get back to Season 1 eventually.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Embargo lifts tomorrow morning btw guys (9 hours from now). Just finishing my review now, can't wait to talk about this one :)

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I loved it. It's very different from the first season in a lot of ways which I think was for the best. It still feels very consistent despite Flanagan's lesser involvement:

www.flickeringmyth.com

Netflix Review – The Haunting of Bly Manor

Shaun Munro reviews The Haunting of Bly Manor… Filmmaker Mike Flanagan (Doctor Sleep) set a perilously high bar for himself with 2018’s masterful Netflix Original series The Haunting of Hill House, which used its 10 episodes to tell a daring, emotionally rich reimagining of Shirley Jackson’s...

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I loved it. It's very different from the first season in a lot of ways which I think was for the best. It still feels very consistent despite Flanagan's lesser involvement:

www.flickeringmyth.com

Shaun Munro reviews The Haunting of Bly Manor… Filmmaker Mike Flanagan (Doctor Sleep) set a perilously high bar for himself with 2018’s masterful Netflix Original series The Haunting of Hill House, which used its 10 episodes to tell a daring, emotionally rich reimagining of Shirley Jackson’s...
Can't wait!

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

www.flickeringmyth.com

So in the first series, episode 6 was very special in the way it was presented. It's stayed with me as strongly as the story and performances. Is there a similar episode in Bly Manor? (If so please don't tell me which.)

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I gave the first season a shot, but I remember the performances were brutal

If the cast has improved this time around, I will check this new season out

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

www.flickeringmyth.com

Excellent and can't wait to dive in.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
So in the first series, episode 6 was very special in the way it was presented. It's stayed with me as strongly as the story and performances. Is there a similar episode in Bly Manor? (If so please don't tell me which.)

No there's nothing quite like that but one of the episodes is presented in a markedly way different from the rest (embargo asked me not to say which or how).

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019

www.flickeringmyth.com

All I want to know is if they did justice to The Turn of the Screw. A simple yes/no will suffice.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need confirmation that the finale of this season holds up and isn't a complete betrayal of everything that came before.

I don't think a finale of anything has made me as angry as that of Hill House. Goddamn. I wanted to punch the showrunner.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
All I want to know is if they did justice to The Turn of the Screw. A simple yes/no will suffice.

Not hugely familiar with the material but from the other adaptations I've seen I think you'll be satisfied - but Flanagan has said from the outset it's not a pure retelling but more a "remix" with other James stories.

I need confirmation that the finale of this season holds up and isn't a complete betrayal of everything that came before.

I don't think a finale of anything has made me as angry as that of Hill House. Goddamn. I wanted to punch the showrunner.

As someone who was disappointed by Hill House's ending this was much more satisfying for me, I actually shed some tears in the finale. Beautiful stuff.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Not hugely familiar with the material but from the other adaptations I've seen I think you'll be satisfied - but Flanagan has said from the outset it's not a pure retelling but more a "remix" with other James stories.

200.gif

I just hope they nail the creepiness between Quint/Jessel and the kids, if they follow that aspect of the story.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I absolutely can't wait for this. Hill House swept me off my feet, and I haven't been able to feel the same with any other movie or show since (the closest were the other Flanagan movies, and Marianne).

I should probably temper my expectations and enjoy it as its own thing, though, or I may end up disappointed by the comparison.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I missed Hill House And have been wanting to watch it but to the people that don't mind non-spoiler responding, it's not like the ending ruins the whole show right?

As someone who was disappointed by Hill House's ending this was much more satisfying for me, I actually shed some tears in the finale. Beautiful stuff.

because I hate stuff like that

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if there's hidden ghosts all over this season like the first one? For some reasons I loved trying to find them while watching lol.