• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
thehardtimes.net

Fuck It: Gamers Canceled

WORLDWIDE — The Super Smash Bros. community is in shock today after dozens of people came forward with sexual assault and pedophilia allegations against many,…

The Super Smash Bros. community is in shock today after dozens of people came forward with sexual assault and pedophilia allegations against many, high-profile players like — you know what, I'm so tired. Gamers are canceled. All of them. Fuck it.

I mean, Jesus Christ, how many times do I have to write this story this week? It feels like it's been two years since I reported on the Ubisoft executives who were put on leave due to misconduct accusations. It's been, like, five days! And that's barely even a footnote anymore!

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Whoda thought a game where Fox sex kicks Jigglypuff would breed a bunch of weirdos?

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeh fuck gamers. I'm a person who enjoys video games, among many other things. My identity is not tied to video games.

Obviously video games shouldn't stop being produced, that's ridiculous, but something needs to change.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
is this even jokes, or is the author just venting?

I mean, holy shit, we could just run a headline that says "Minors Can't Consent to Sex With Adults" and that would be considered video game news. Sure, it's something that should be instilled in every single adult on the planet from an early age, but we would have to tag it on our website as part of the Super Smash Bros. topic!

Okay, sure, we might lose some people like Markiplier, who seem pretty okay. But on the flipside, this would finally end PewDiePie's career. Remember when he dropped a racial slur on a stream three years ago? That same guy just signed an exclusive streaming deal with YouTube in May. Get the fuck outta here.

None of this is inaccurate

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
404 Lies Not Found

I've said "what the fuck is the matter with you" a lot this week between the GOP and various gaming communities/personalities this week.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Ig2KFTf.gif

For real though, a lot of gamers need to be held accountable for their actions.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's true, all of it. Like even right now with all the shit that got out in the last day you still have people sending death threats to victims of rape to protect a shitty Smash Bros player.

Gaming is fucking rotten.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Even though this is supposed to be a satire, it's long overdue. There's just been this toxicity that's been around forever that really can't be ignored anymore. Honestly, the turning point should have been gamergate.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've been cancelling gamers for years now. Get on my level.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I distanced myself from the term 'Gamer' back in 2015 in the middle of that particular shit-storm. Cancel 'em all!
I'm pretty sure I never associated with the word "gamer." I remember back when I was in grade school, I never talked about video games in public because I didn't want people to think I was a nerd. Kinda like now, but now I don't want people think I'm a misongynistic racist man-child asshole.

I mean, holy shit, we could just run a headline that says "Minors Can't Consent to Sex With Adults" and that would be considered video game news.
God... damn...

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
It's still crazy to me that any self-respecting adult would call themself a "gamer".

Oct 25, 2017
Once we cancel Weebs as well, we will truly live in a utopia.

I am shellshocked still from that one post from the Bunny Ayumi thread. People who have seen it know the one.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
All the allegations of abuse, the harassment, misogyny, racism, vile streams of commentary from shitheads. I gave up on Gamers a long time ago.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I always feel ResetEra is horrible when it comes to the persecution of Gamers. Everyone is generalized and just because I like games does not mean I am a racist Gamergater. We need to be better. We can not generalize Gamers. Not all of us are like that. I would even say a minority of them is that and just because of them I am called a racist or toxic.
Please wake up and stop this persecution.

I really hate how you guys just generalize everyone!

Look at GamesDoneQuick! That is us! That is us Gamers! We are raising funds for charity, not being toxic!

/s