• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Satisfying finale, but certainly ridiculous. I mostly stopped questioning plot holes and contrivances to just enjoy the ride long ago.

I liked this season more than 3 and probably 2 where it was just endless loops and wheel spinning. At least we're heading towards an actual ending.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
The ending elicited an emotional response out of me but I was still underwhelmed. It's clear how much covid affected production, they've said as much in interviews. Really curious what changed in all the rewrites.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
That was a cathartic ending, and expertly directed and edited. Loved the flashbacks to further reinforce the final few scenes. Honesty, this coulda been a series finale. I loved it.

In regards to how Nick sudden growth in power; you have to remember he wasn't just a driver. He was an under cover Eye for Gilead, and one of the revolutionaries who attacked DC. He was planted to watch the Waterford's as nobody trust anyone in Gilead. Think of Soviet Russia or other similar regimes. Often times secret police/intelligence agents supersede regular chains of government. Even Putin, was a lowly KGB administrator at one time. Stalin was a gangster. With proper influence and maneuvering men like these can attain power.

There is a power struggle in Gilead happening off screen. I honestly don't think June or anyone will topple Gilead. After all they need something Incase they decide on a sequel series.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of plot holes and contrivances completely took the legs from the impact of the final scene. I couldn't even process my feelings for the finale because I was still wrapping my head around how stupid everyone in this universe must be for this chain of events to unfold. Gilead is this impossible to topple powerhouse until they need to be incredibly dumb in order to have the plot move to the next girl boss moment.

I hate to say it but this show is unraveling like the later seasons of GoT. Nick teleporting around like Littlefinger out here.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up to episode 4 atm and I've read the comments here up to that point.

I'd consider myself a pretty cynical person irl but I guess with TV/film I'm happy to suspend my disbelief. None of the common complaints or observations here even crossed my mind. I'm still thoroughly enjoying the show.

Armoured_Bear

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
What a random finale lol. What even is this show anymore.

How did June include her daughter in that prisoner exchange for Fred? Like wtf? How was that not even discussed?? June clearly talked to the dude before bringing CIA guy to meet at that random restaurant.

They have really gone in a weird direction where June is becoming bad basically. So now shes leaving Luke and doesnt have her daughter back lol. Like she doesnt even care at that point.

This had to have been the planned last season, but decided to extended it or something. Everything could have been wrapped up this season for June if they wanted to.
I don't see it weird that June
is bad
. Gilead fucks you up beyond belief.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a question about the ending. June says to Luke she only needs five minutes. I feel this opens up room for several interpretations. Does she get in legal trouble in Canada for what she did despite it happening outside of Canada? Or is she telling Luke that she can no longer live with them and Nichole? It could be all of that but it certainly imply that settling down to raise Nichole is definitely not happening.

I think the highlight of this season is that the years of living in Gilead completely killed off the June from before Gilead. She is damaged in so many ways that she seems evil. I understand considering the horrors we have witnessed the past 4 seasons. Especially this one. Regardless, the show needs to wrap up.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think the implication was that Luke knew what June had done and I think wasnt cool with it. But I also see June being in trouble with the Canadian authorities. So next season she could literally be anywhere, on the run from Canada, while trying to find her other daughter still in Gilead.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I think the implication was that Luke knew what June had done and I think wasnt cool with it. But I also see June being in trouble with the Canadian authorities. So next season she could literally be anywhere, on the run from Canada, while trying to find her other daughter still in Gilead.
It pretty much confirms that she is probably going back to Gilead to get Hannah.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah weird lol, I had no idea that was the finale and it really didn't feel like a finale.

I think I'm done with the show if it does come back for another season. It's been pretty dumb since season 2 really and hasn't gotten any better.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how big this No Mans Land is between Gilead and Canada. A mile?

I blame this seasons shortcomings on COVID. I am curious to see where they are going with this now.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm... er... huh?

I have mixed emotions because yeah sure it was setup to be satisfying, but it's such a stupid nonsensical setup.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
the finger with the ring attached was savage as fuck and im here for it

even if this season had some lil holes in it, i enjoyed how dark it was + the acting was 10/10

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Nicole still called Nicole? Didn't June insist that out of respect for Serena Joy because she let her take the kid?

Things haven't exactly been peachy since, call the kid what you wanted to in the first place. Was it Holly? I don't remember.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
"I will say that the season [5] itself is possibly one of the wilder rides that we've had," series star Elisabeth Moss tells TVLine.

"We've definitely had some seasons [where], you know, a lot happens. Some seasons, not as much happens," Moss says.

"I almost can't keep up with" what happens in the upcoming episodes, she adds, laughing, "and it's not lip service. I truly mean I almost can't keep up with the amount of activity that's happening."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 got pretty wild at the end. The show is basically Game of Thrones in Gilead now lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think she was with June in No Mans Land at the end. But her main story arc last season was just reconnecting with her son and dealing with the Martha that turned her in.

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Alexis Bledel Exits ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Ahead of Season 5 (EXCLUSIVE)

"The Handmaid's Tale" star Alexis Bledel, who plays Emily/Ofglen, is exiting ahead of the Hulu show's Season 5.

I don't remember where we last left her character but I'm pretty sure they were planning on making her even more prominent in the story so I wonder what happened?
I think she was with June in No Mans Land at the end. But her main story arc last season was just reconnecting with her son and dealing with the Martha that turned her in.
Yeah they can easily justify her character being gone from the show as Emily was in a decent place in S4. Luke will mention something about her spending more time with her wife/kid im sure

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Emily becoming more radical and encouraging violent behavior from the other ex handmaids or am I thinking of June? (Or was it both of them?)

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I don't see what more she had to do on the show. So probably just as well.

Also with the US becoming the Handmaid's Tale this JUNE, is the show even needed anymore.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Emily becoming more radical and encouraging violent behavior from the other ex handmaids or am I thinking of June? (Or was it both of them?)
I think she was getting that way towards the Martha that they confronted in the support group. But at the end of the season, the Martha ended up committing suicide.