• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

who would you rather get into smash as the microsoft rep?

• banjo & kazooie

Votes: 210 43.3%
  • master chief

Votes: 235 48.5%
  • minecraft steve

Votes: 40 8.2%

• Total voters

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That was before DLC was announced. It was fine then because the characters coming to Smash dlc was not finalized.

large.jpg

I would love to see this resurrected for Switch.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's happening, and the Xbox service migrations to the Switch could be a part of it. He could be the last character of the Fighters pass. (Though, I'm secretly hoping Tetris is the last character.)

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This is pretty much my only chance to post my moveset concept for Chief before he gets officially announced. Here you go:

t83OcT6_d.jpg

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
this CLEARLY means he is NOT in smash guys Lol. they are sidetracking. of course it is banjo.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Master Chief is 100% Microsoft's rep.

Putting someone else like Minecraft Steve would be like Nintendo choosing a Pokemon to represent itself instead of Mario.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
That was before DLC was announced. It was fine then because the characters coming to Smash dlc was not finalized.

That's fine and I agree with you, but the poster I was responding to specifically said "since 2015". I'm a supporter of Master Chief in Smash, but I think the timing of this new Tweet doesn't help either. If MS is saying this stuff now, then it doesn't look likely that Master Chief would be in the fighter's pass. If he was a lock, they wouldn't be talking about it now. The best time would have been last year in November or something, right before we knew the DLC was finalized by Nintendo.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
FFVII and Halo coming to a Nintendo platform in the same year would wacky and awesome

Do it Nintendo. Add John 117 and be legends

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd be cool with it, even tho I never played a Halo game.

Voted BK because I'd like them in, but if it's someone like MC instead... yeah, okay! That sounds cool too!

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As a company, I feel you've got more to win than to lose to add your character to the Super Smash Bros roster. I don't see why Microsoft wouldn't want to do it.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
MS refusing to do a new B&K probably kills it chances

Sakurai said its really hard for dead franchises to get in

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
How about both Master Chief and Banjo & Kazooie? I'd be perfectly ok with Microsoft reps taking 2 of the DLC slots.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
How anyone can favor Master Chief to BK is mind boggling to me. Banjo Kazooie was a console defining franchise that even managed to stay on Nintendo consoles post the Microsoft buyout.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
This E3 2019 is going to be sick for Microsoft. The Microsoft and Nintendo love fest needs to continue. I'll predict the following for this E3:

*Microsoft and Nintendo come on stage and confirm a new Microsoft Battle pass for Smash, which includes 10 new DLC characters

*Gears of War 5 trailer, confirmed holiday 2019 release date
**Marcus Fenix and Kate Diaz confirmed as included in Smash Bros. Battle Pass

*New Control trailer. And Microsoft announces Remedy as their new 1st-party dev.
*Alan Wake 2 revealed.
*Alan Wake and Beth Wilder confirmed as included in Smash Bros. Battle Pass. Jesse (the character from Control) is confirmed to be an alternate costume for Beth Wilder (a character from Quantum Break).

*New Banjo Kazooie 3 trailer.
*Banjo Kazooie and Gruntilda confirmed as included in Battle Pass

*Ninja Theory come on stage and reveal that their next game is Enslaved 2.
*Enslaved 1 announced as a BC game, and it's added into Game Pass
*Monkey from Enslaved, and Senua from Hellblade, confirmed as included in Smash Bros. Battle Pass

*Cuphead annouces its addition to Game Pass
*Cuphead confirmed as included in Smash Bros Battle Pass. Mugman is an alternate costume.

*Microsoft announces Pyre, Transistor, Zero Escape series, and Yakuzo series are all getting ported and added to Game Pass.

*Microsoft announces a couple of other first-party dev acquisitions: Playdead, Fullbright, and Platinum.

*Microsoft and Nintendo also announce that their next-gen systems Scarlett and Switch 2 will be a joint effort, with shared software libraries.
*New Halo Infinite trailer, confirmed to be Scarlett and Switch 2 launch title
*Master Chief and Cortana confirmed as included in Smash Bros. Battle Pass

*Phil Spencer and Shigeru Miyamoto come on stage and say "And one more thing"... Breath of the Wild 4K60FPS announced for Xbox One X.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't think of a more uninteresting character to be honest lol.

What would his moves be? Guns, guns, guns, and guns?

Mmmmmmmmmmeh

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To someone more familiar with the franchise, how would his moveset different from Snake's?

Last edited:

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
To someone more familiar with the franchise, how would his moveset different from Snake's?

I don't have a good answer to this, but this reminded me that one of the coolest, most fascinating parts of Halo lore for me is the fact that the Master Chief is lucky. The idea of him being lucky is embedded in his DNA. It's part of who he is, and why he's one of the greatest soldiers in that particular cinematic universe. He's the kind of lucky that he can always, without fail, guess which way a coin will flip. Having luck as a superpower is always so fascinating/compelling to me. One of the female superheroes in Deadpool 2 had the same power, and it was pretty awesome.

Soooo... I don't have a moveset for Master Chief, but perhaps he could have a 1% chance of any hit (regardless of the button or stick combination) will be an instance KO on his opponent?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Although awesome, having the arbiter in would be way more interesting. A lot of room for a cool moveset and sick visuals.