• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay model photos:

50633824467_aea2c99824_o.png

50633820962_cfcbf9a4ba_o.png

50633820217_3a059699f9_o.png

Never bevor was hair so fine and dense at the same time.

Even the ears have tiny hairs...

Marvel-s-Spider-Man-Remastered-20201120002232.png

This last photo I stole from Edge. :3

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
It looks great! its one thing I'm really looking forward to this gen, hair that doesn't look like it belongs on a Tory MP.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
In general the game looks phenomenal. I don't remember the first Spider-Man being THIS beautiful, and I'm playing Miles on framerate mode. So many cool details. Just a gorgeous game even without the ray tracing and to think we're only seeing launch games, most of which are cross gen. Games will look bonkers on the new consoles in a couple of years.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It looks great, but wouldn't say the absolute the best I've seen. Definitely high up though.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Spline based hair is pretty darn great - seen rather rare last gen. Really only in hair works and a couple other places

Getting those splies to have physics though is a whole other can of worms though. The Peter Parker hair is rather static Yeah?

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
The ears as well. No more freaking polygonal ears.

Mike Tyson approves this message.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Games getting to the point where you show a picture of a game character to your barber and they'd be like "aiight"

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Spline based hair is pretty darn great - seen rather rare last gen. Really only in hair works and a couple other places

Getting those splies to have physics though is a whole other can of worms though. The Peter Parker hair is rather static Yeah?
both his and miles hair appear to move. I dont know if that qualifies as dynamic.
Looks really nice. Is this a PS5 exclusive model, which the PS4 version don't have?
Yeah. The hair and fur is dramatically worse in the ps4 version. Rendered with a completely different method.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

The hair moves when the characters move. It does look a little unnatural though, because the hair moves as if it was under water. Real hair is more stable and sticks more together.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah hair was the only really lacking part of character rendering last gen. RDR2 with really good hair rendering would be nearly the perfect game. Next gen is gonna be insane! Improved water is also gonna be awesome I hope.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Miles's hair moving in the wind was a pretty cool detail in that scene with Peter

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Nice looking hair is cool and all but beards and facial hear still look like rubber band party central beards. It always looks like it's not part of the character model.

Mar 6, 2019
Hey guys I bought Miles Morales and never played Spiderman, is Spiderman different enough to play that also? Are they in the same world and everything looks the same?

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I think the days of expecting lower quality visuals for open world games are numbered if Miles Morales is any indication.

In engine cutscenes looked borderline The Last of Us 2 in quality. Definitely didn't feel like I want experiencing any open world jank.