• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Yum! Brands just bought Habit in March of this year. The 8 in Santa Barbara County were not included in the deal. So expect a big national expansion to occur once the economy recovers to whatever it can, and quality to probably decrease.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
what is with this forum and fast food?

it'd be kinda weird to say random city's local joint is better than other random city's local joint. unless there's some bigger conversation to be had. with fast food so many people have experienced it all over so you'll more easily get a heated conversation about it.

edit: or maybe people's desire to compare shit just defaults to fast food because it's so much easier to do.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I don't have anything like The Habit, In-N-Out, Whataburger, Culver's, Shake Shack, etc. in my area, just Five Guys, Mooyah, Smashburger & CookOut.

Last edited:

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Yeah habit is good when compared to other burger joints, idk about it beating in n out due to price. I'm actually getting some later. My dad has been craving it

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
habit is expensive and taste like a hybrid of an in and out burger and a mom and pop burger joint. It's fine but at that price I'd take in n out every single time.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Also, In N Out is a joke of a company (tech-wise). Can't order online, no smartphone app, no 3rd party delivery service ordering.

Just a shame, especially during these times. Also, the lack of expanding anywhere outside of their current region(s) is pretty annoying and quite constricting of themselves.

I don't think I've ever seen an In n Out that wasn't packed to the gills, at all hours. Maybe out in the boonies. Which tells me that implementing the technology you're talking about wouldn't help them all that much in terms of sales.

I don't think I've ever been to a Habit that had a drive through, either, so as fast food goes, they aren't nearly as convenient.

But don't mind me, I had The Hat today and I'm over stuffed.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Habit was good the first time i tried it but ever since hasn't been all that. Rather go to In n out or even 5 guys (also there likely are plenty of great mom and pops around if you do a search)

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Their ranch sauce and onion rings are really good. Pricewise, In-n-Out is better, but the Habit has more options.

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know when she said that, but I do know they've at least expanded east enough to reach Houston in the last year or so.

"I don't see us stretched across the whole U.S. I don't see us in every state," billionaire owner, Lynsi Snyder, told Forbes earlier this year. In fact, she said she doesn't see the company expanding east of Texas in her lifetime.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Habit buns are awful.

The insides are just too different to be compared.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
I've been saying it for years. Habit is top tier fast food.

In n Out makes good burgers but their fries belong in the garbage.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Habit is better than In and Out yes but it's expensive to me. In the OP it clearly shows a meal at like $8 whereas In and Out is like $5. That $3 could feed a kid

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
In N Out is still the GOAT, but I do like Habit Burger. Recently got it here in the Bay Area.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I liked it the first time. Had their chicken sandwich. But after having it a few more times I kind of find their food lacks much flavor sometimes and I'm hungry shortly after eating there.

Ā”Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
The Habit is decent but they've got a real hard-on for mayo. Bleh. Almost everything has it. Whenever I get food from them I get the chicken sandwich and avoid it altogether.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
They have The Habit in Shanghai of all places. I'd go there regularly, and get the Double Char. Good burger/sandwich.

Oct 25, 2017
People always compare In-N-Out with chains that offer meals for $2-4 more when they should be comparing them to places like McDonald's or Wendy's and even then they have shit that's more expensive than In-N-Out.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
The Habit is great. I think in general, In-and-Out is ferociously overrated, and a notch below Five Guys, or other regional places like Steak and Shake and Shake Shack. I'd even give it to Culver's over In-and-Out due to their more diverse menu options.

I've been a pescatarian since 2014, and Habitat has a really great Tuna burger. So there is that.