• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
They might not, surprisingly. Sure there might be hurt feelings but if drastic changes or fullblown abolition happen, sounds worth it IMHO

not to be too fatalistic but

"might be hurt feelings"

these people already kill with impunity and one was caught openly planning an expected race war while unknowingly being recorded-

I don't think racist police will just walk away politely with simple unresolved hurt feelings, in the off chance that we could disband or fundamentally change this wicked institution; these violent extremists will not just walk away from their absolute power amicably

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
not to be too fatalistic but

"might be hurt feelings"

these people already kill with impunity and one was caught openly planning an expected race war while unknowingly being recorded-

I don't think racist police will just walk away politely with simple unresolved hurt feelings, in the off chance that we could disband or fundamentally change this wicked institution; these violent extremists will not just walk away from their absolute power amicably

I totally agree. But I firmly believe if the police don't back down, they're gonna be the ones having a bad time.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really great detective work. Wait until they find out about Congress, the military, the courts, state and local governments.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
We've known this for years.

I'm sure we'll all pretend to be shocked the next time this gets brought up.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It is clear as day given what was said:

960x0.jpg

*Ding Ding Ding*

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it makes perfect sense when you think about it. Some racist shithead with little aspiration other than to wield power over "niggers" and other minorities have few dream job prospects other than being a police officer. They get to act out their racist, authoritarian ideology and get paid handsomely by the state to do so (police officers can make six figures when you factor in overtime and security gigs).

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

Between this, the Tulsa slaughter/bombing framed as a "destruction of Krypton superhero origin story," and the "Return to New York!" commercial being like a pre-COVID glimpse into the future of ads, this show was too real.

To borrow a meme:

Policing is a racist institution?

Always has been.

That's probably literally happened somewhere, considering how cops who shed light on their corruption get treated.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Infiltrated is like saying the stripes infiltrated their way onto the American flag.

They were always there.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It's why police departments need to be disbanded by third party groups and completely rebuilt. The whole tree is rotten, from the root to the fruit.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
It's been know and reported along with the threat right wing militias pose to the country. There was a report completed during the Obama administration regarding all this but the republicans got pissed off about it during the height of the tea party movement and forced the administration to squash it because it offended their base.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Not surprised at all.

Hell, before LivePD was canceled there was a deputy in West Baton Rogue that wore the Boogaloo outfit on duty.

Oct 27, 2017
indeed. An article from 2016 during the Obama days:
www.pbs.org

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

In 2006, the FBI warned that white supremacists infiltrating local and state law enforcement posed a threat to national security. Some are asking, what's been done to curb the trend in the decade since?

At some point we're going to have to actually do something about this instead of merely acknowledging it whenever the pigs get up to some public bullshit.
Pretty much. We've been known this. Are they going to actually do something with these studies or keep repeating them every few years

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
based on what, though?

And who exactly is giving these police a bad time?

I promise, I'm just shooting the breeze. So I hope I don't sound like I'm going hard.
Whatever tensions Obama created throughout his presidency, whatever divisions
he created that made gun sales and far right conspiracy theories rise.

Whatever he did in 8 years, trump has done 10 fold in four.
He put kids in changes and he protects murderous police in the BLM era.
He challenges people verbally and his fans love to do the same.

He keeps planting seeds of revolution and institutional contempt.
People might build their own truth, their own groups, their own plans.
Real deal, "we are burning every police department across the country to
the fucking ground or die trying" attitude.

This attitude has always existed, the Black Panther Party and the Brown Power
movement proudly displayed their legal rights, including the 2nd Amendment.
I believe this tradition will return and it will create a series of proxy wars.
Multiple organizations, lefties never stick together for too long
Wanna be clear here, NOT a race war. We're talking organized community groups.
As we have seen from protests, there's a lot of diversity on one side.

All of these videos of innocent black men being robbed of life. Choked out,
shot, beaten into comas, every fucking day. But it's the videos that changed everything.
It just doesn't numb. It seems to become more painful each day nothing changes.
A group like ISIS and other anti american groups have used home recordings and
leaked video to recruit. They are powerfully effective at propaganda.

So, I'm in Wisconsin BTW, this is where the Kenosha story is happen. And I have
always known this state to be profoundly racist. Milwaukee was actually the most
segregated for several recent years and will likely return to to that status again shortly.

So when you've got motherfucking 17 year olds volunteering to murder black people
for the police. When you have Kenosha literally asking to be deputized to help contain
protests. People are openly voicing their support of murdering black people. They
are asking if they can do it too. They are becoming fans of it. Yes, it's that fucked up.

Imagine if that 17 year old didn't murder those people...probably would have become a cop.
Now imagine all those soon to be cops, growing up seeing this. See what they can get
away with. Soon they'll be protected by a badge. God help us if they do, it will be worse.

The far right has been stacking guns since there were guns. But trump has empowered them
to a degree that the fear of obama simply never would. They are ready for the war.
They are waiting for Q drops. Or they don't believe that crazy shit but still wanna shoot
at protesters.

This is an existential threat. And sadly I've known a lot of lefties that have started buying
guns too. You can only be told to vote so many times before you start defending yourself.

So, if I was the police, I would back the fuck down.
Because it really, really, really, really doesn't have to go down this path.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This has been known for a long, long time. The FBI released a report back in like 2006 that stated conclusively that white surpemacists had infiltrated law enforcement across the country. Fuck all was done about it.

www.pbs.org

FBI warned of white supremacists in law enforcement 10 years ago. Has anything changed?

In 2006, the FBI warned that white supremacists infiltrating local and state law enforcement posed a threat to national security. Some are asking, what's been done to curb the trend in the decade since?

Much of the bulletin has been redacted, but in it, the FBI identified white supremacists in law enforcement as a concern, because of their access to both "restricted areas vulnerable to sabotage" and elected officials or people who could be seen as "potential targets for violence." The memo also warned of "ghost skins," hate group members who don't overtly display their beliefs in order to "blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes."

"At least one white supremacist group has reportedly encouraged ghost skins to seek positions in law enforcement for the capability of alerting skinhead crews of pending investigative action against them," the report read.

Problems with white supremacists in law enforcement have surfaced since that report. In 2014, two Florida officers — including a deputy police chief — were fired after an FBI informant outed them as members of the Ku Klux Klan. It marked the second time within five years that the agency uncovered an officer's membership in the KKK. Several agencies nationwide have also launched investigations into personnel who may not be formal hate group members, but face allegations of race-based misconduct.

The most fucked up part:

Neither the FBI nor state and local law enforcement agencies have established systems for vetting personnel for potential supremacist links, he said. That task is left primarily to everyday citizens and nonprofit organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center, one of few that tracks the growing number of hate groups in America.

The First Amendment's freedoms of association and expression mean it's perfectly legal for anyone to join a hate group — as long as it's for the purpose of legal activity — and still be a member of law enforcement. They can even serve in other positions of public office. But according to the FBI memo, the government can limit employment opportunities of members "when their memberships would interfere with their duties." Jones says that's problematic.

"I cannot imagine that the FBI today could issue a report concerning any kind of threat without people being alarmed and wanting immediate action," he said. "But in this case there seems to be almost an acceptance of it. The thought is 'it's just ideology and they have a right to believe this.'"

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to kill or harrass black people with impunity, what other job would you take?

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I mean, I guess there are people out there who will read this and be genuinely shocked by it. Just... very naive people, so maybe it's good it's being written about

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
This is why they lowered the bar to get a LE job. Raise is back to "must have a college degree " and many racist won't be able to get these jobs anymore.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This topic is reoccurring like the "Trump voters voted for him because he's racist"

It needs to be brought up constantly so that people can finally get the hint.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Let's just throw billions of dollars at more training, weapons, and body cams with on/off switches. That'll reform it.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've said it before, but the type of the people who want to be cops, are the last people that should be hired to be cops. I don't know how you figure out the hiring process with that in mind, but no one who willingly signs up to be a police officer should be allowed to be one. Same with gun owners in general. There should be a one question psychological evaluation if you want to own a gun. Q: "Do you want to own a gun?" If you answer yes, you should be deemed mentally unfit to own a gun and you should be banned from ever owning one. Use that same psychological evaluation on police.

May 29, 2019
It's been know and reported along with the threat right wing militias pose to the country. There was a report completed during the Obama administration regarding all this but the republicans got pissed off about it during the height of the tea party movement and forced the administration to squash it because it offended their base.

This is it to me. The removal of the racist roots will not be easy, because there are those in power that want it to stay that way. And in the US, it is most fervently the Republican party.