• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
The Grudge was the single scariest movie to me when I was a kid. And this new one seems even scarier. In.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I like the director's other movies for the most part. Trailer didn't do anything for me, but I like the Grudge and him and John Cho.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Love John Cho and the original Grudge but this looks like hot garbage to me.

And it's a January release, don't get your hopes up.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Looks like shit.

J-Horror has been dead for years now. You can't keep churning out Rings, Grudges and Dark Waters' forever.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
It has to be better than the original remake, which I fucking hated, so it's got that going for it. I haven't even seen the Japanese original so it's got nothing to do with that, the original remake was just nonsensical horse shit and a waste of however much I paid for the ticket. Maybe watching it again this many years later would change my opinion, but fuck that movie.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This movie has been so many years in the making, I'm glad we finally have a trailer. Now let me check it out.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
It has to be better than the original remake, which I fucking hated, so it's got that going for it. I haven't even seen the Japanese original so it's got nothing to do with that, the original remake was just nonsensical horse shit and a waste of however much I paid for the ticket. Maybe watching it again this many years later would change my opinion, but fuck that movie.

if you hate remake you probably hate the Original.
Same Plot and Story telling(nonlinear narative) Even the director and saeki family cast are from original.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
The Grudge was such a Japanese thing (that iconic Yurei look is pretty Japanese in itself). I think that's why the first remake worked, it still had that Japanese aspect, even though it was American experiencing the hauntings.

I remember reading at Bloody Disgusting that there's also some sorta infection when you get "Grudged"(I think they literally use that word) and the infected (it's not a disease, dammit) slowly turn into a rage zombie.

Meh, nothing I hear and see of this movie is doing it for me. Add on top the HORRIBLE piss yellow filter. This seems like another of those stragglers from the 00s that haven't got the memo that we aren't in the 00s anymore.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
That's not Sarah Michelle Gellar. I'm willing to give this a shot, but I'm getting tired of every successful movie getting rebooted/reimagined. Is the industry that creatively bankrupt?

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I'll watch it because I love Ju-On and the original remake but damn that looks like an ugly mediocre movie. Maybe it's just the trailer, Sony doesn't exactly cut the best trailers.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The jaundiced colour timing looks hideous. Also laughed out loud at the edit at 1:03.

The director is super talented but this looks like another "indie filmmaker gets trampled by studio production" story in the making. Would explain why it was filmed 18 months ago and had re-shoots a whole year later.

Looks like a cool 18% RT with a $100 million worldwide box office.

People aren't fed up of these things yet

Obviously the idea is to sell it to an entire generation of kids who weren't even alive when the American Grudge remake came out.