• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who Will Win?!

• Logan Paul

Votes: 28 2.7%
  • Floyd Mayweather

Votes: 328 32.1%
  • Whoever Wins... We Lose

Votes: 665 65.1%

• Total voters

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I don't really understand the people who think that these exhibition fights are tarnishing Mayweathers legacy. Like, he's 50-0 professionally and there wasn't much more he could have accomplished.

It's actually quite impressive how far Floyd's cocky "persona" has gotten him to the point that he's still making millions from people hoping he loses.

Jun 22, 2019
Mayweather's "legacy" should already be forever irrevocably tarnished from being a chronic domestic abuser. I don't see how making payday off a circus event is supposed to even compare. And obviously his win record is already "locked in."

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Didn't (and will not) watch the whole thing, but every clip of this bout that I've seen has consisted of Floyd literally clowning this kid and doing everything in his power not to knock him out. Almost failed at it here in spite of himself.

One of these kids is going to get into a bout they shouldn't with a less forgiving opponent and get himself hurt.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Not heard about that golf cart shit before. How many times must my hatred for these two mopes be reinvigorated?

Yeah it happened last month:

www.sportskeeda.com

Is there a petition against Jake Paul for driving through sea turtle nesting area on a Puerto Rican beach?

Jake Paul has a reputation for finding himself caught up in controversy.

Logan Paul was complaining about them being bullied for using a cart on a private beach. Fun fact, there are no private beaches here, but them walking away scot-free is what I'm guessing it's going to happen. Money talks unfortunately...

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Forgot this even took place.

I don't follow boxing but I saw this on Good Morning America. How did this go a bunch of rounds? I take it Mayweather and Paul just danced a bit for the cameras?

EDIT: I guess this was just an exhibition? Nothing serious?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Yes they technically can any time they want for money, but I was thinking more along the lines of how it has degraded the sport of boxing to the point that thousands of amateurs believe they can hold their own against professional fighters, simply because Floyd played pattycake with a celeb for a payday.

It would like if Brian Scalabrine went easy on his opponents in his "Scallenges" so that everyone with an IG thought they could 1v1 vs NBA stars. Even washed NBA bench guys have too much pride in their sport to allow clowns like Paul to think they have a chance of really beating them.
Media is changing though.

For a sizable part of the population, they are watching way more YT, Twitch, Instagram, etc. than they are network tv or cable or PPV sporting events. For those people shit like the Paul brothers is boxing, the Professor Live is basketball, etc. I don't know how big of a number that is, but clearly it is enough to set up weird ass PPV for fights. It might transition to other one off sporting events or even new games altogether.

Remember its entertainment at the end of the day.

I have no interest in this stuff but it seems like there is a real market for this stuff and YouTubers and corporations are finding a way to monetize it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a lot of fools easily parted with their money and are now angry at their foolish transaction.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Forgot this even took place.

I don't follow boxing but I saw this on Good Morning America. How did this go a bunch of rounds? I take it Mayweather and Paul just danced a bit for the cameras?

EDIT: I guess this was just an exhibition? Nothing serious?

It was an exhibition mainly because of the weight difference. It was about 35 pounds.

It went a bunch of rounds because Mayweather used it as a sparring session to make tons of money.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do you guys think of this? Lol. I missed it on the right.

Edit: Late lol.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Show appears to have done good business

The Double or Nothing show did 120,000ish buys across TV/Online/International.

wovssda08u371.jpg

😂

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017

Logan Paul was complaining about them being bullied for using a cart on a private beach. Fun fact, there are no private beaches here, but them walking away scot-free is what I'm guessing it's going to happen. Money talks unfortunately...
Please don't insult the boricua champion!😂

[/QUOTE]
His new residence is in PR. Ballsy move to relocate if you don't want to pay taxes. Pretty sure Mayweather might want to join him there.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Anyone would struggle to jab someone 6 inches taller with a 4 inch reach advantage. It's not surprising he said that haha.

And a 35 pound advantage, yet Mayweather was still walking him down and backing him up most of the match 😂

Definitely looked like he was having fun out there.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand the people who think that these exhibition fights are tarnishing Mayweathers legacy. Like, he's 50-0 professionally and there wasn't much more he could have accomplished.

It's actually quite impressive how far Floyd's cocky "persona" has gotten him to the point that he's still making millions from people hoping he loses.
I'm convinced the only people that thought Logan fucking Paul would deliver his first loss are teenagers. The same people who bought this "fight."

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
One thing about Floyd is he knows how to get money. $.$

Last edited: