• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Celebrated DC writer Grant Morrison came out as non-binary while discussing Peacock's Brave New World while praising recent social changes.

Grant Morrison, known for their work on Green Lantern, The Flash and The Invisibles, has come out as non-binary.

Speaking with Mondo2000.com, Morrison discussed their involvement in various projects such as Brave New World, as well as their views on broader global issues and how their work reflects them. In conversation about the power of words, Morrison said, "When I was a kid there were no words to describe certain aspects of my own experience. I've been non-binary, cross-dressing, 'gender queer' since I was 10 years old, but the available terms for what I was doing and how I felt were few and far between."

www.cbr.com

The Green Lantern Writer Grant Morrison Comes Out as Non-Binary

Celebrated DC writer Grant Morrison came out as non-binary while discussing Peacock's Brave New World while praising recent social changes.

Give Morrison some love everyone!

1280px-GrantMorrison08.jpg

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Congratulations to them! I'm glad they finally feel comfortable enough to come out and have an identity that fits them.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a really casual way to come out. Good for.. them?

Fake edit: Checked the article and they used they/them, so yeah.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Always loved Morrison's run on Doom Patrol and Animal Man. Some of my favorite comics.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, as they say, if you actually have followed Morrsion through their career it's been kind of known and obvious, but nothing wrong with putting it out there for representation sakes and all. Forgot they were part of that Brave New World show. Wonder how that went, apparently the show is pretty mediocre. They also said they hated working in groups with other writers in the past, too.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Calling them the Green Lantern writer is an insult lol
Anyway good for them

Grant Morrison apparently did like doing drag when they were younger

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Calling them the Green Lantern writer is an insult lol
Anyway good for them

Grant Morrison apparently did like doing drag when they were younger

Well, it's the newest thing they've done, and I imagine it would be far more recognize than 'former editor to Heavy Metal' or 'co-writer on Brave New World' lol, which the other newest stuff

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
As someone who's read their work for years, it's not something I'd assumed, but it absolutely makes sense. Grant's always come across as someone who eschews labels and boxes.

May 24, 2019
Well, it's the newest thing they've done, and I imagine it would be far more recognize than 'former editor to Heavy Metal' or 'co-writer on Brave New World' lol, which the other newest stuff

It's honestly like going "Ready Player One director Steven Spielberg ____" You just don't go for the newest thing in a career like that 😂

Just swap the credit out for "legendary comics writer" and I'll be happy :)

Last edited:

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Pretty awesome. I love Grant's work and I'm glad they can be more open in a more free time.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Good for him, everyone should live their truths and be happy

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I would have gone with 'revolutionary Batman & X-Men author Grant Morrison' but what do I know

Good for them, truly one of comics brilliant minds

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome! As someone who has read their work for so many years I'm truly happy for Morrison.

Animal Man will always hold special place.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Theyre my absolute favorite writer, and creating your own personas is all through their work. That said, I stopped in the middle of GL when it split to another... title I guess?

I periodically search Amazon for any new work but havent seen anything besides GL.

Pyccko

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
everybody should go read nameless

it's good stuff

edit: y'know what, I'm gonna go ahead and step that up to it's really effin' good stuff

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Doom Patrol, Animal Man, All Star Superman, JLA, one of the greatest Batman runs ever.

Awesome for Morrison. They've always been amazing.

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Good for them! One of the best living comics writers. All Star Superman is top tier.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
They've always had a unique writing style that is second to none. Their run with Quietly for Batman and Robin/ Batman Inc is legendary and that's not even mentioning All-Star Superman

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Good for them! One of the best living comics writers. All Star Superman is top tier.
They've always had a unique writing style that is second to none. Their run with Quietly for Batman and Robin/ Batman Inc is legendary and that's not even mentioning All-Star Superman

Certainly paints the Jimmy Olsen issue in a different light

Jimmy Olsen could barely stand to be himself for more than five pages…Prefiguring David Bowie and Madonna, his life became a shifting parade of costume changes and reinventions of identity. And long before those two performers were challenging the boundaries of masculine and feminine, Olsen was deconstructing the macho stereotype in a sequence of soft-core gender-bending adventures for children that beggar belief when read today - Grant Morrison, SuperGods

1ljs7f.jpg

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
You could have picked literally any other Grant Morrison comic for that title lol

Good for them

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, of the bit I've read of their work, this makes sense. Happy for them

chaostrophy

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to them! We3 is one of the most powerful, affecting, and unforgettable stories I've ever read. To me they're a genius based on that one short book.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Morrison is one of very few comic book writers to come back decade after decade with yet another career-redefining run of work in them. A magnificent writer.

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Man
Doom Patrol
All Star Superman
Batman
Etc
Etc

My all time favorite writer and nobody will ever touch them imo.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Greatest comics writer of all time, and one of the most inventive writers ever regardless of medium. Really proud of them for being true to themselves. It's inspiring.