• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The Duelists (which was already posted) has the most realistic sword fighting in a hollywood movie.

A fun one is Scaramouche, though it's not realistic in the least,

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ending of Rob Roy. Liam Neeson vs Mr. Orange.

It's better than everything in this thread.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Never actually watched the movie so I can't speak for it, but considering who the actors are, this fight is hella good.

Oct 28, 2017
My favorite fight scene in the MCU

tenor.gif

jeez i can't deal with this pacing all i see are cut punches and kicks glued together. there's no flow at all

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
there are a ton of awesome choices in here, but i gotta give it up for the duel between Kmicic and Wolodyjowski in The Deluge.

also, it "inspired" (or at least was paid an AWFUL lot of homage to) the duel between Geralt and Olgierd in The Witcher 3.

close runners up, though: Reeves and Malkovich in Dangerous Liaisons, pretty much every duel in The Duelists, the Wheels on Meals fight, and the final duel in Rob Roy.

Oct 27, 2017
On of the best in my living memory, not just in the fight choreography and how it's shot but the character work in the scene is too notch too.

Form Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

It really is this. Best weapons fight in film. Both actresses are amazing, the choreography is still unmatched and the scene carries a lot of story importance and character development. It's flawless.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many to choose from but this is a good a time as any to post this gif.

AgedGoodnaturedIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

And thus a million anime duels were born.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017

One of my favourite martial arts films and possibly the best sword fight I've ever seen in one. The circumstances surrounding the fight itself and the implications also offer a greats sense of emotional impact.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017

Another from Ridley Scott's The Duellists. I like how exhausted the characters are in this fight, also that nasty chunk of skin that get cut off of Carradine.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Not a film, but Obi Wan vs Maul in Star Wars Rebels. Not every fight needs to be minutes. Since this is a piece of media, I'm also judging it based on how tense, and how well put together the overall scene is. If you're into Star Wars, it gets extra points if you know the background of both characters, and how far they've traveled to get to where they're at.

The lady with broken arm in this scene, Cynthia Rothrock, is legit. She did hong kong movies, and it goes to show how important choreography is.

Cynthia Rockwell is a underrated action hero.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
It is not the best because the best few have all been posted already, but I thought Van Damme vs Dolph Lundgren in Universal Soldier:Regeneration was a really nice fight. Crunchy and heavy.

Oct 29, 2017
Mind you, the fact that I wouldn't considered it if you take the music away suggests that it isn't the greatest, and it is 90% two guys staring at each other, but damn, this music.

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
Am I the first to respond with...

Doc Holliday vs Johnny Ringo? The build up to it was amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Most of my faves have been mentioned, so I'll nominated the insane, largely improvised fight between Donnie Yen and Wu Jing from SPL.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So I haven't seen this posted by if it is and I missed it I apologize.

Not sure how many people saw the movie Hero but it's a really cool and well shot martial arts movie. This is my favorite scene from it.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
And if we're talking martial arts duels, then I will restate my love for Jackie Chan fight against Hwang in-Shik at the end of The Young Master.

Ghostmate

Dec 11, 2017
The first 15 seconds of Jackie vs Benny the Jet is already better than the vast majority of other CQC clips in this thread. Any time the camera has to zoom in on the actors to simulate the "frenzy" of fighting is just bad photography - I'm looking at you Cap vs Winter Soldier.