• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Man, I'm having trouble deciding if I want this retail or not, if that part of the leak for the west is true.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the second game is better than the first. Played the fan translation of the first game and it was pretty poor overall. The same series tropes coupled with bad cases and a ridiculous non sensical plot.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Feb 8, 2020
Going to make a prediction, it is going to be English Dubbed not just translated and Sean Chiplock will be playing Ryūnosuke Naruhodō . Sean retweeting this makes me think he will play a role in the English Dub and considering previous - him being Ryūnosuke Naruhodō makes a lot of sense

I'm hoping it isn't Sean. I remember there being controversy regarding predatory behavior from him a few years back, though I'm not sure if anything more ever came of that. I've been wary of him ever since, though.

I'm excited to finally be getting these games in English. I had been getting really close to figuring out how to play the fan translations, but it looks like that won't be necessary now. I'm ready for some new Takumi content, though. It's been too long.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Yes. Among the Capcom leaks a while back were documents detailing localization work. We already know how they've changed most character names, for example.
I'm assuming that this leak only mentioned an english translation, right? Knowing what happened during the last 10 years with every release, people in Europe are going to boicott this hard for being a non-Multi5, digital release :/

Can't say I blame them, since (apart from the Layton crossover) the last game released in spanish was Trials and Tribulations on the DS. (Apollo was the third game here.) They didn't even bother translating the trilogy releases, even when it's clear that other languages like the french one use the DS translations.

I'm personally really excited about this remaster, though. Unlike the trilogy that replaced the pixelart and cropped the backgrounds, I know that this being a 3D game it can only look better. And I always really liked how the Shu Takumi 3DS games had inbetween animations that flow really well, unlike 5 and 6 that always felt really stiff by using still poses like the previous games.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_pixo5454fU1qkpnrw_400.gifv

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Sorry to bump this thread with a sort of irrelevant question, but does anyone have experience with AA 4, 5 and 6 on Android? I've been eyeing the games for a while but it is a price difference of €24 (56 on android, 80 on 3ds)

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
All the better for me. Do they ever have a moment ingame where they ever say that they are ancestors of the modern characters or is that something said only outside the game?

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
All the better for me. Do they ever have a moment ingame where they ever say that they are ancestors of the modern characters or is that something said only outside the game?

It's all just based on the character names/designs, since this is too far in the past for any of the "current day" characters to show up or even be referenced.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

The closest would be a bit of a gag at the end of GAA1-1.

Payne's ancestor curses Ryunosuke with "a grudge that will last for generations", to which Asougi responds "even if 100 years pass, your family will never triumph over Naruhodo's"

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The day they announce this is the day I replay AA1-6 in anticipation

It's been too long, I'm starting to forget bits of what happened here and there in the overal plot, especially the convoluted mess that is AA6's final case

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think DGS2 is probalby going to be highly regarded - maybe not at the top but near it certaintly. Either way i am glad this is going to come out. I know some pepole would have wanted Investigations 2 more (which i hope comes out) but i wanted to see how Capcom would translate DGS1/2 into English

I hope the music will be good.
It definetly will be. In my opinion, DGS1/2 have some of the best soundtracks in the series

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
There's not exactly a lot of competition right now, but this might literally end up being my GOTY if BotW2 doesn't come out. Can't wait.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmm

Nintendo Direct tomorrow

Rating for this got leaked not too long ago

Could we get a reveal tomorrow?!

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry to bump this thread with a sort of irrelevant question, but does anyone have experience with AA 4, 5 and 6 on Android? I've been eyeing the games for a while but it is a price difference of €24 (56 on android, 80 on 3ds)

I never do gaming on my phone, but I did play Dual Destinies on Android and it was just as fun as it would have been on the Nintendo DS. I would recommend it.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
Can't wait....FE and AA were the two reasons I bought a switch- though, granted, I've found more reasons since to enjoy mine.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
i sort of expect this and the capcom arcade stadium to be shadow dropped w/ the direct tomorrow.
I doubt this will be dropped, but Arcade Stadium may well do so, or at least get a release date. Its been a vague Feb date for a while now and I'm really hoping its not slipped (just because I want to replay the games on my Switch)

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I doubt this will be dropped, but Arcade Stadium may well do so, or at least get a release date. Its been a vague Feb date for a while now and I'm really hoping its not slipped (just because I want to replay the games on my Switch)

there were supposed to be Famitsu details about Capcom Arcade Stadium in the issue that comes out this week, so that coinciding w/ the direct seems to make the most sense.

i'm still of the mind that, if not sooner, it releases w/ Resurrection and Resurrection being purchased will also give you access to Ghouls n Ghosts in the Stadium as it isn't a part of any of the packs.

This collection has a retail NA Switch version (and in Japan of course). It won't be shadowdropped.

is this from the Capcom leaks? i steered clear of a lot of that lol

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's the reception of these games? How do they compare to the original trilogy? My sister loves the first 3 games but dislike Miles and Apollo games. Would pick these up for her if they're great.

They compare very favorably with the OG games.

IMO the mobile versions of 5 and 6 are definitive. They're incredible ports that easily outdo the 3DS versions visually. Haven't played mobile 4 so can't speak for it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
there were supposed to be Famitsu details about Capcom Arcade Stadium in the issue that comes out this week, so that coinciding w/ the direct seems to make the most sense.

i'm still of the mind that, if not sooner, it releases w/ Resurrection and Resurrection being purchased will also give you access to Ghouls n Ghosts in the Stadium as it isn't a part of any of the packs.

is this from the Capcom leaks? i steered clear of a lot of that lol
Oh, that's cool - didn't realise there was a Famitsu thing as well for Stadium, I'll definitely be looking forward to that then!

edamame

Oct 28, 2017
Please let that physical release be real. I don't mind buying digital but given the choice I'd rather get a physical copy. My wallet is ready Capcom!

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only issue is that I won't be able to officially play the localized Great Ace Attorney games in 3D. I know some people would prefer the higher resolution, but goddamn it the 3DS AA games looked great in 3D.

I'm just hoping someone can get the PC version to work in VR with full 3D working.

I guess I could just get the games on 3DS and patch via homebrew, but it wouldn't be the same.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Data breach literally said reveal in April release in July so...

Some of y'all really just love working yourselves into a shoot