• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Absolute buy on PS4 and Switch to support my favorite series. After this I can only hope one day we get AAI2 in the West.

Oct 27, 2017
How is the music in these games to those who tried them? Do they compare to the legendary original trilogy musjc or is it closer to the newer games?

I feel like the music is a huge part of what makes the AA games awesome.

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Very disappointing if this skips Xbox. I love this series. Played them on DS and I really enjoyed the trilogy on Xbox last gen.

Agreed. Hopefully this is just the usual Asia skips Xbox messaging and they are planned for release in the US/UK/Euro. Capcom are normally pretty good with their multiformat releases. Grow the audience.

I'd certainly pick it up if it becomes available. No Objections!

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Agreed. Hopefully this is just the usual Asia skips Xbox messaging and they are planned for release in the US/UK/Euro. Capcom are normally pretty good with their multiformat releases. Grow the audience.

I'd certainly pick it up if it becomes available. No Objections!
This collection won't come to Xbox because the HD Trilogy on Xbox was a massive flop compared to PS4, Switch and PC.
Switch – 462,395
PC – 245,339
PS4 – 103,235
Xbox – 4,821

| TrusT |

Apr 19, 2020
Yes we know the figures it was posted on the previous page. Doesn't change the fact people would like it elsewhere.

Continually not giving the option after one release is what leads to that kind of uptake.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
In the middle of the first game atm, so this is very good news.

How is the music in these games to those who tried them? Do they compare to the legendary original trilogy musjc or is it closer to the newer games?

Incredible.

I might even prefer it to the original trilogy.

Last edited:

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The music is the best and most memorable thing about the the first game(never played the second). And you can take both positive and negative implications from that.

I legit think the music is the best in the series.

I wonder how they will Americanise this one.
Maybe explain how not-Phoenix and his sister are really kids from the US, on visit to the UK?
Mention he's Phoenix's ancestor from Japan on the back of the box, done. They don't really have to change a single thing.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Can't wait. Hope we can get a look at AA7 at the same time they reveal this. I'm dying to know what they're going to do.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Okay, so for those that are planning to import this from JP (to Europe), any chance customs will hit anyone? I got hit with customs after importing the original DGS if I recall.

I also hope they'll announce this soon, and AA7 as well.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Having only played through DGS1: I'm so, so excited for more people to get to play these games (and for myself to get to play the sequel). DGS1 is a bold game, especially for the AA series, and this boldness pays off hard. It's potentially my favorite game in the series.

simply phenomenal. their closest comparison is the music of PL vs AA, so different from the OG trilogy, but also very different from the new trilogy.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Currently playing AA4 and AAI. I'm definitely in the middle of an AA fever, so this will gladly be welcomed with open arms.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Wouldnt this be mentioned in Capcom leaks? There was something about potential ports in favor if other will sell well. Were those documents from leaks older?

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What's the consensus on these games compared to the rest of the series? Better than the second trilogy?

I like them way more than 4-6. 4-6 are a lot of fun, but lean a little too much on the zany side of Ace Attorney. These games still have silly aspects to them, but are far more grounded and somber with a much higher emphasis on character development and relationships.

The "mystery-solving" side of the first game is kinda eh.... but the second game makes up for that in spades.

I wonder how they will Americanise this one.
Maybe explain how not-Phoenix and his sister are really kids from the US, on visit to the UK?

The leaks already confirmed they are not changing locations from the original story, also the relationship between specifically both England and Japan during the games' time-period is vital to the story.

I think my last game in the series was Apollo, how has the gamsplay evolved since? Currently working my way through T&T again.

These titles have multiple witnesses that you will cross examine at the same time and when the cast reach London, there are Jury members that you will at times have to debate in order to keep the trial going.

Outstanding. My favorite in the series, although the Pursuit theme took a bit to grow on me

Cross-Examining Allegro

Objection!

Closing Argument (Debating the Jury members)

Reasoning Battle (my absolute favorite track of the first game)

Last edited:

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The leaks already confirmed they are not changing locations from the original story, also the relationship between specifically both England and Japan during the games' time-period is vital to the story.
Nothing that a few small changes in the script can't fix
comic331_zps0e179cf7.png

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
also, at this point to get AAI2 we'd need a remake like the first AA trilogy and AA4 got in HD. hopefully the GAA release does well enough for that to be reality (it's a long train since they said GAA sales would greenlit the 456 collection so guess 456 doing well would be the trigger for AAI 1+2 in HD)
AAI 1 and 2 actually already got HD versions. They were stealth released onto mobile with no advertising a few years ago.
Photo-2017-12-14-14-38-25.jpg

Ace-Attorney-Investigations-2-Smartphone_12-21-17.jpg

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wait so we're getting both games? That's amazing! I hope they eventually release both AA Investigations titles too, it'd be great to have all of them officially localized in English. AA456 too... let me dream.

Oct 31, 2017
Wait so we're getting both games? That's amazing! I hope they eventually release both AA Investigations titles too, it'd be great to have all of them officially localized in English. AA456 too... let me dream.

I mean, did you expect them to release the first one and be done with it? :D

Only Bandai Namco would be dumb enough to do that (eg. Xenosaga 2 being the only Xenosaga game released in Europe, which is even dumber than releasing only the first game of a series lol).

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Having played the fan translation of the first game, I was really underwhelmed tbh. It has the fewest court sections of any Ace Attorney game by far, and the mysteries aren't particularly great ether.

I've heard great things about the second one though (and it better be good, since the entire plot of DGS1 is basically just a very long prologue for it) so I'm still looking forward to picking this up

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I think people are in for a real treat for these games. I liked them, didn't personally love them, but DGS2/GAA2 is pretty much sure to become a fanfavorite I feel like. That game has a lot of cool moments and basically all three cases from the third one onward feel like they'd be the "final" case in a lot of other Ace Attorney games.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Will get the Japanese PS4 release and the US Switch release. I hope 4-6 and the Investigation games get ported as well.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping that the fan-translation of DGS2 would make it out last year since it was allegedly almost complete, but an official release is good too.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I think people are in for a real treat for these games. I liked them, didn't personally love them, but DGS2/GAA2 is pretty much sure to become a fanfavorite I feel like. That game has a lot of cool moments and basically all three cases from the third one onward feel like they'd be the "final" case in a lot of other Ace Attorney games.
This is awesome to hear since I've been playing the fan translation and those are the only three cases left that will be new for me once this drops lol. I will say, though, that GAA2-2 was one of my favorite filler cases in the series. (That also included one of my favorite character themes)

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
At least we can import it from Japan, for example from amazon.co.jp. I suppose I will do that. The 123 collection included English language.
Just be careful with that--a lot of those 1+2+3 packs are the sort of 'General Asia' release, which should always have English, and not specifically the JP release (see also Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Dragon Quest 1-3). An actual JP release will almost never have English. Sorry if you already knew this stuff.

That said, if this was rated for Taiwan I expect it'll be the exact same deal... probably a NA digital edition and an Asian edition with English (etc) that we can buy if we want a physical copy.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I hope they keep the racism intact or at least not tone it down too much. It's a big part of the story and makes the 19th century setting more real.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Are these games any good, and how do they compared to the OG Ace attorney series? I'm really interested

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Just be careful with that--a lot of those 1+2+3 packs are the sort of 'General Asia' release, which should always have English, and not specifically the JP release (see also Final Fantasy 7/8/9, Dragon Quest 1-3). An actual JP release will almost never have English. Sorry if you already knew this stuff.

That said, if this was rated for Taiwan I expect it'll be the exact same deal... probably a NA digital edition and an Asian edition with English (etc) that we can buy if we want a physical copy.
Thanks for underlining it. I sometimes import visual novels through amazon.co.jp, and I know that in most cases JP releases don't have English. The way I phrased it may have sounded confusing, therefore your clarification may have been useful. I also recommend everyone who may want to import games through amazon.co.jp to check if the page specifies the support for English - for example, for the AA123 collection (here), it was declared in the item description.