• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's wild to finally be able to play these. I want to replay TWEWY before I get to Neo too though, so I guess I'm gonna be switching carts a lot these next few weeks. I went for Switch cause it'd feel wrong for me to play AA anywhere else...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
hmm I was likely going to be a bit slow to getting around to playing the game anyway but...
PrnRcFC.png

cNnapd1.png

:(

oh well, the cost of taking advantage of buy 2 get 1 free I suppose :P (this is target)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The way the main character hesitantly looks around before slamming the desk is fantastic

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
The text beeping is driving my crazy, it's way too loud. And they don't let you turn it down, all you can do is turn off all sound effects including the beeps and everything else.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
man this will be my first ace attorney game since like the 3rd one on the DS??? kinda hyped

Lastbroadcast

Jul 6, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I'm honestly shocked by how well they have captured the Late Victorian/Meiji era.

They just absolutely nailed it - the world geopolitics, the influence of Britain, the racism, the Meiji modernisation, the dress sense, the militarisation of Japan… it's really quite spectacular.

I can see why Capcom is so proud of it.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I liked the first case but it definitely drags on too much.

Yeah, finished the first case just now and came to post something like this. It was a fun case, but very much like any other first case in the series, just like twice as long for some reason. I hope this won't be too indicative of the pacing for the rest of the game(s).

RetroHippie

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 12, 2021
I played just under an hour and my first impressions are very positive. I'm really liking the setting and music, and it's a nice change of pace from the modern games. I also like how there's an autoplay and log to see what was said.

The text beeping is driving my crazy, it's way too loud. And they don't let you turn it down, all you can do is turn off all sound effects including the beeps and everything else.

It's a bit annoying yeah. I turned on text skip in the options. This lets you press B so that the dialogue fills in the text box without scrolling. If you accidentally press B twice as I did on one occasion, you can just view the history to see what you missed. Try that to see if you like it better.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far, but really disappointed in the number of typos I've picked up on already.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Kazuma didn't witness anything. He left the restaurant before the crime happened.

Oh, I figured he didn't see the shooting, but he still could have offered useful testimony about the purpose of the meeting, everyone's relative seating positions, that sort of thing.

If you're planning to apply real-life legal guidelines and restrictions to the world of Ace Attorney, you're going to need to set aside a lot of time haha

I think I just need to make one complaint to get it out of my system.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else pre-order through Game Billet? I still haven't gotten my code and I'm itching to download!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
hmm I was likely going to be a bit slow to getting around to playing the game anyway but...
PrnRcFC.png

cNnapd1.png

:(

oh well, the cost of taking advantage of buy 2 get 1 free I suppose :P (this is target)

Same thing happened to me. Luckily I wasn't gonna touch this game until beating the original trilogy anyhow, but man, if I would've been pissed otherwise

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is what I assumed; she probably put his hands near the steak to make it look like he as eating it, and left his wrist on the hot (90 degrees, jesus) part of it. To be honest, that isn't the most baffling part of the case; the fact the game purposfully glosses over her motive (I suspect that's something the second game will address) bothers me more.

Still a good first episode, just flawed. Ryunsouke's character is great.
The first cast was pretty damn long lol but I enjoyed it. The only thing I thought was missing was that I couldn't really understand any motivation for why the killer did what they did.
The motive for the murder being completely unknown is the first major mystery of the game. Considering how much preparation and somewhat personal knowledge about the victim was needed in order to pull off this murder shows planning and significant intent, yet there is no reason why she would do all that

Loving seeing the reactions so far and that they match what we thought too, especially about GAA1-1 dragging in the end. Makes me want to repost my meme posts =P

May 30, 2018
weirdly specific use case question, but: is there anyone playing this via remote play from Steam on an iPad or iPhone? i've been finishing the second trilogy with the iOS versions and love the big screen + touchscreen. i imagine it would be a similar if not exact experience via remote play.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I must say, I love how the story mode feature is implemented here. Thought I'd only enable it whenever I get stuck, but it's nice to be able to just watch the investigation parts play out too if you're not in the mood to play click-points-of-interest-in-order-until-you-trigger-a-story-flag.

Apr 9, 2018
If you're planning to apply real-life legal guidelines and restrictions to the world of Ace Attorney, you're going to need to set aside a lot of time haha
Where do modern courts stand on the subject of spirit mediums? 😂

Almost through Case 1 I think, loving everything so far, particularly Ryunosoke's animations! The wimpy slam and shifty eyes have me in stitches 😂
The history button is awesome, just finished Layton VS AA, and it was sorely missed!

Apr 9, 2018
weirdly specific use case question, but: is there anyone playing this via remote play from Steam on an iPad or iPhone? i've been finishing the second trilogy with the iOS versions and love the big screen + touchscreen. i imagine it would be a similar if not exact experience via remote play.
I was actually super tempted to do this myself, only to go for the Switch for the reason that the sleep mode is far more convenient on it. I'd say if someone can confirm that you can click anywhere to progress text then it should work fine?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
This is gonna be my very first AA game. I tried one years (and years) ago, but remember shelving it out of early frustration. Not a massive VN fan, but this sounds like a great place to jump in on the series. Will give it a shot and am hopeful to be really surprised :)

Also, complete side note and unrelated: but I don't know why I always mix up these games and the Professor Layton games in my head, lol. I need to play one just to stop doing that.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Just a reminder to please stick any plot details in spoiler tags!!!!

Also

Case 1:
Taking down the ancestor of Winston Payne is like cake

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Quick question, if I download the free DLC on my US account, can my UK account access the dlc?

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
QUESTION: is there any way to skip ahead chapters? I recently played the first 3 chapters of #2 on the fan translation. Going to buy this for sure, but trying to gauge whether to wait until I have the patience to fast forward for hours or not.

OP
OP
Moogle

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
QUESTION: is there any way to skip ahead chapters? I recently played the first 3 chapters of #2 on the fan translation. Going to buy this for sure, but trying to gauge whether to wait until I have the patience to fast forward for hours or not.

Yes, there's chapter select with each case broken down into sections.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Started GAA1-2. Despite knowing it was an Investigation-only Episode, I still find it weird. It's also a bit slow, but the mystery is intriguing, and Sholmes is a great character!

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Gamebillet still not sending out codes :( I wanna solve cool mysteries with my best friend Not Sherlock Holmes, dammit.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Damn! I thought Kazuma had the death flag over him but I was hoping I was wrong and we wouldn't get another Mia situation. I spent the whole first case being like wow, this best friend dynamic is new and refreshing! I hope it stays!

I'm sad now...